• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why didn't Rei launch during that battle? I remember in the OG series her unit was damaged but I don't think this film established that

Gendo-Ikari-happy-because-he-shaved.jpg

yami4ct

Yeah. The old version had the better buildup overall, but the transition to the brutality was more appealing in this version. You get a brief struggle up close, EVA-01 starts to get the upper hand, then it starts to really turn things around - even goes for a judo toss into a mountanside, Ultra-style.

Then it starts to RIP AND TEAR

Perfection.

For me, it's the use of music. It's the same reason I love Watanabe's shows, Eureka 7 and Revolutionary Girl Utena so much. It's also why I love a particular upcoming scene in this film so much. For me, a good mix of visuals and music are something transcendent. They each do more than they could ever do alone.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So why didn't Rei launch during that battle? I remember in the OG series her unit was damaged but I don't think this film established that

Unit 00 was damaged, and they had no budget or manpower to repair it. They mentioned it a few times, and it came up in the scene with SEELE.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So according to Wiki, chibi Shinji being in the train
means he was "infected" by the ninth Angel? How? For what purpose?

For me, it's the use of music. It's the same reason I love Watanabe's shows, Eureka 7 and Revolutionary Girl Utena so much. It's also why I love a particular upcoming scene in this film so much. For me, a good mix of visuals and music are something transcendent. They each do more than they could ever do alone.

The music, to me, is on another level - I can barely talk about it, it makes me so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom