• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oda has said that there will be only one character with an eye patch and that they will show up later in the continuity.

Moaradin

The pacing is great for the first 8 or so episodes. It only gets really slow for a while after that, then it seems to pick up again. Really the biggest issues I've had with the show are the production issues and those seem to be getting fixed for the Blu Rays. Toonami will never experience those problems.

They won't love the pacing

The only time the series really dragged was episodes 10 and 11 during all the

OH GOD DON'T LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN OR READ ATTACK ON TITAN BEFORE

Eren are you a human or a titan shenanigans after the battle for Troust

OH GOD DON'T LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN OR READ ATTACK ON TITAN BEFORE

Other then that I've felt like they've put enough content in each episode to satisfy weekly viewers

MikeMyers

Lunch went around to find where Tien was.

Toriyama considered adding her to the Buu arc, but figured most people wont know who she is so #17 was used instead. She appears in the animated version, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Was the episode where Gohan confronts General Tao anime-only? I liked that callback.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best DBZ filler eps:

1. Driving test.
2. Gohan versus Mercenary Tao.
3. The stuff after the Cell Saga that wasn't in the manga.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I assume you mean the other world tournament by number 3? That was pretty fantastic.

and anything involving Saiyaman that wasn't in the manga (I haven't read or watched it in years so I don't remember what if anything was added.)

I legit love teenage Gohan and would have watched a show of just him goofing around in high school in a heartbeat.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
and anything involving Saiyaman that wasn't in the manga (I haven't read or watched it in years so I don't remember what if anything was added.)

I legit love teenage Gohan and would have watched a show of just him goofing around in high school in a heartbeat.

Teenage Gohan was awesome as fuck. I hope Team Four Star does him justice if they go that far.

Teenage Gohan was awesome as fuck. I hope Team Four Star does him justice if they go that far.

They'll get there before little Kuribo finishes battle city

It's kind of ironic that goku coming back to life was the beginning of the downward spiral that was the buu saga.

Also watching my little brothers reactions to the finale of the enies lobby arc makes me so excited for 2015 on toonami :)

Ultratech

Well, I went and watched 3.33 today...

It's certainly different than the last two movies before it.
(Also, major lols at the 3.0 preview being nothing like what's in the movie.)

If anything, it only opens up more questions. :(

If they showed it on TV, I have no idea what people would think about it.

I'll just leave it at that though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fumoffu is hilarious and sure, it's got guns and butt kicking in every episode.

They could just show the whole series though if they were worried about getting enough action in there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
been rewatching Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. wonder if it technically has enough action to fit the block.

They could easily justify it, especially if they showed the entire series. FMP series would be a great fit for the block.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fumoffu is the shining example that basically all parody spinoffs of serious anime are fantastic.

Actually all of Fumoffu was cannon, they're all short stories of daily life that didn't fit with the novels. FMP's writer is absolutely amazing at comedy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Actually all of Fumoffu was cannon, they're all short stories of daily life that didn't fit with the novels. FMP's writer is absolutely amazing at comedy.

It's better than the serious stuff and a few of the characters are a bit off tone but that is an amazing revelation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's better than the serious stuff and a few of the characters are a bit off tone but that is an amazing revelation.

Yea, it's a shame they stopped translating all the books. I think there's still enough short stories for another fumoffu season as well.

So people who've been following toonami since it returned, are inuyasha and fma brotherhood on repeat showings since the blocks return or is this their first run since the revival? I ask more so for fma brotherhood

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So people who've been following toonami since it returned, are inuyasha and fma brotherhood on repeat showings since the blocks return or is this their first run since the revival? I ask more so for fma brotherhood

FMA is on a repeat run. I think it was in the 30's when Toonami returned.
InuYasha started back in November and has been airing two episodes ever week since.

InuYasha is going through its first run, Brotherhood is going through its first COMPLETE run though it's been showing episodes that were already seen on the block for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom