• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching a bunch of anime lately (Michiko & Hatchin, Noein, Stein's Gate, Jormungand, Attack on Titan), and I think they all would make a great fit for Toonami. Future Diary as well. If nothing else, seeing the reactions to some of those would be great.

mhs004

I've been watching a bunch of anime lately (Michiko & Hatchin, Noein, Stein's Gate, Jormungand, Attack on Titan), and I think they all would make a great fit for Toonami. Future Diary as well. If nothing else, seeing the reactions to some of those would be great.

A lot of people have been wanting Mirai Nikki(future diary) on including me. However idk if they could because of some scenes and suggestions. I would love it on but don't want it to be an edited mess.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's kind of cool.

It totally is, that's part of the charm of the series. But it also means legal nightmares for possible official releases outside of Japan.

Parts 1 and 2 (the ones the anime covers) aren't too horrid, but later parts get pretty bad with the names. Characters like Vanilla Ice, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, and Golden Experience (Prince album). It's speculated the last one is why we never got a PS2 JJBA game that Capcom had actually started marketing to the West.

Are their names important to the plot?

No not really. But Hirohiko Araki is a stickler for not changing names.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
GOOD TASTES ALERT GOOD TASTES ALERT

mhs004

It totally is, that's part of the charm of the series. But it also means legal nightmares for possible official releases outside of Japan.

Parts 1 and 2 (the ones the anime covers) aren't too horrid, but later parts get pretty bad with the names. Characters like Vanilla Ice, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, and Golden Experience (Prince album). It's speculated the last one is why we never got a PS2 JJBA game that Capcom had actually started marketing to the West.

Wow I hope it does come over but with stuff like that I doubt it.

OHHHH SHIT Thug mother fucking mifisant.

A lot of people have been wanting Mirai Nikki(future diary) on including me. However idk if they could because of some scenes and suggestions. I would love it on but don't want it to be an edited mess.
Seeing Future Diary air right after Deadman went off would have been great. I think it was just as crazy an anime.
GOOD TASTES ALERT GOOD TASTES ALERT
:D
I just finished the second season of that (Perfect Order). It was great.

EDIT: I thought there was supposed to be another season of The Boondocks. What happened with that?

mhs004

Seeing Future Diary air right after Deadman went off would have been great. I think it was just as crazy an anime.

EDIT: I thought there was supposed to be another season of The Boondocks. What happened with that?

I think you would be a fan of elfen lied.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

It was great, feeling like rewatching it.

So I just played Graces F with a friend for the past 10 hours, I have a nasty head ache that the aleve I just took hasn't kicked in for yet, I've not taken a nap, all I have is one can of coke zero left to caffeine roid myself though the night, and my parents want me at a family breakfast at 9am.

It's going to be an awesome night let's do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom