• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS- Complication >>> Uragiri No Yuuyake
SQ1KATx.gif
Brofist

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I feel like durarara or whatever has taken over toonami-gaf, not saying thats a bad or good thing, but its certainly interesting, we might force demarco to replay it on toonami one day

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sad news: voice actor Jerry Russell passed away. He was 77.

His roles on Toonami-featured shows include Ohji on Casshern Sins and Crocus on One Piece. He was one of the go-to actors for old men.

Awww, he really WAS an old man playing the old men! I always find it cool to see someone of his age acting in kids animation and anime; some of the things that go on in these shows seem awkward and goofy to much younger people, so for people of their age, it must be quite interesting.

Rest In Peace, and thanks for all the years of great work! The last time I remember a VA with prominent Toonami work dying, it was Bob Papenbrook (Yosho in Tenchi Muyo, Battleship on BoBoBo). So odd to hear an actors voice coming out of a premiering / running show, when you know of their death... :/

It;d be cool if Toonami could do something in his memory... Adult Swim in general seems to like to Honor the passing of significant people...

I feel like durarara or whatever has taken over toonami-gaf, not saying thats a bad or good thing, but its certainly interesting, we might force demarco to replay it on toonami one day

Pretty sure they've lost the rights to Durarara or something and they kinda said they were disappointed with how it did back on AS. We'll have to settle to with watching it ourselves.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pretty sure they've lost the rights to Durarara or something and they kinda said they were disappointed with how it did back on AS. We'll have to settle to with watching it ourselves.

I think any anime will do better today on Toonami than it would have done in the past.

Also, Eureka did poorly on its initial run but still reaired on Toonami.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
OT: Dark Souls just killed my 360.
I just bought Darks Souls and my 360 RRoDs.
Hold me Gaf.

Ouch. I was just about to pop Dark Souls in this afternoon, but I decided to beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 instead.

Some games are just too powerful. But seriously, that sucks. I dunno what i'd do if my PS3 crapped out on me.
My 360 is about 6 years old. At least it's lived a long life. I guess I'll get a new one when the price drops.
I also have Ps3. Tempted to buy Dark Souls for it. Game isn't that expensive. Watch it YLOD lolz.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, I think some games just put more stress on systems. I know people were saying that The Last of Us was super rough on older PS3s. I wouldn't be shocked if some people get the RROD or YLOD on September 17th...haha

You guys watching anything tonight? For some reason I was really in the mood for Initial D. Glad Netflix actually has it considering their paltry selection of good anime. If they threw some Hajime no Ippo on there I might even bump them up to decent.

Yeah, I think some games just put more stress on systems. I know people were saying that The Last of Us was super rough on older PS3s. I wouldn't be shocked if some people get the RROD or YLOD on September 17th...haha

You guys watching anything tonight? For some reason I was really in the mood for Initial D. Glad Netflix actually has it considering their paltry selection of good anime. If they threw some Hajime no Ippo on there I might even bump them up to decent.
Been watchin TDKR. I think it's a good movie. Fuck da haters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

US vs Costa Rica in World Cup Qualifiers at 10, gonna watch that.

Ippo deserves more love, it would be a good fit for Toonami. Maybe not an early slot but certainly where SAO is now.

I haven't had had cable for threes days now. I hope someone pays the bill so I can I watch Toonami tomorrow :/

Grizzlyjin

Yeah, I'd say Splinter Cell is the most likely game review. I haven't been paying close attention, but haven't they been reviewing them after the game is already released? At least with the recent iteration of Toonami?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Killer is Dead would be cool, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Splinter Cell since it's the most well known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom