• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhs004

Sorry I missed movie night last week guys. I went to the razorback game then my parents came to visit.Plus I own 2:22 on blu ray. Plz forgive me!

LycanXIII

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/376056622130286593

gonna be a game review. my guess is Blacklist.

6811457ee8f559f194ff3eaaa6e593ff.png

3f8c14a02b462356bb10d0bdbbcfd2f2.png

It'll be Blacklist since Jason has shown displeasure in SR4 due to a bug.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, you can follow along with Netflix and Hulu. You don't even need the paid version of the latter.

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and Sword Art Online, and Inuyasha are on regular Hulu. Soul Eater is on Netflix and Hulu. Cowboy Bebop...hmm, not on either, but Samurai Champloo is on Netflix, close enough. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is on both, although I think Hulu lost the rights to the entire catalog so only some of them are on there, but the entire series is on Netflix.

Big O? Don't think I've seen that streaming anywhere. IGPX? I don't give a shit about and have never bothered looking and won't bother. Haha. I'd say watch Attack on Titan (first and last time you'll ever hear me say that) and Hunter X Hunter on crunchroll while those two shows are on.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are the Viz shows in Japanese only on Hulu like they used to be on Netflix or is the dub up there as well?

It's inconsistent. It seems like when they offer the entire show, they won't have it all being dubbed. So Tiger & Bunny is all on there, but they only have like the first 4 or so dubbed and then progress down the line. But you could watch way further subbed. Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Nura, etc are subbed only.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've missed watching Toonami like two weeks in a row already, and I'll be missing it this week too! Shit.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sorry I missed movie night last week guys. I went to the razorback game then my parents came to visit.Plus I own 2:22 on blu ray. Plz forgive me!

I've missed watching Toonami like two weeks in a row already, and I'll be missing it this week too! Shit.

you guys are nothing but disappointments
what? you are.
no your not, its ok were not perfect.

Crocodile

On the other hand, we are not sure that Kill La Kill is even a goof fit for Toonami yet.

Kill la Kill is basically Gurren Lagann v2.0 and we know Aniplex and Toonami are on good terms. The show would have to be a clusterfuck of awfulness to not wind up on the line-up late next year.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... today is Illusionary Avenger, right? Can't wait for the reactions cuz this episode is
duummmmmmmb

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Bleach focuses on some random filler character, Kakashi faces off with Orochimaru while Zaku and Shino continue their battle, Luffy and the others take to the island to get the crew's memory back, Black☆Star takes on Arachne's new bodyguard, Kirito continues to try to track down the murderer, Takeshi and Fantine's relationship comes to a head, Obi-wan's team tries to take out the Malevolence for good, the Union arrives in Paradigm, the team takes on Envy, Spike takes a trip to Space Land, and Kikyo comes across an old bandit.

12:00 - Bleach - 313 - The Man Who Risks His Life in the 11th Division!
12:30 - Naruto - 40 - Kakashi and Orochimaru: Face-to-Face!
1:00 - One Piece - 222 - Now, Let's Get Back Our Memories! The Pirate Crew Lands On the Island!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 28 - The Sword God Rises – Does It Have a Sweet or Salty Taste?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 6 - Illusionary Avenger
2:30 - IGPX - 19 - Moving On
3:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 4 - Destroy Malevolence
3:30 - Big O - 20 - Stripes
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 43 - Bite of the Ant
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 20 - Pierrot Le Fou
5:00 - Inuyasha - 87 - Kikyo's Lonely Journey
5:30 - Inuyasha - 88 - Three Sprites of the Monkey God

Order

Comcast's description for SAO tonight is throwing me off. "Kirito figures out the how, but now he needs to figure out the why" Wat

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill is basically Gurren Lagann v2.0 and we know Aniplex and Toonami are on good terms. The show would have to be a clusterfuck of awfulness to not wind up on the line-up late next year.

Well, there are other matters to contend with, matter I really hope do not impede Kill La Kill's chances.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Could Danganronpa qualify for Toonami? Or is it not action-y enough?

Also, someone needs to fucking license JoJo. Now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The one I really wonder about is Sailor Moon. Now that is something popular enough to put on Toonami immediately after it is dubbed, but then again it might also be popular enough that someone else tries to bring it to TV.

The one I really wonder about is Sailor Moon. Now that is something popular enough to put on Toonami immediately after it is dubbed, but then again it might also be popular enough that someone else tries to bring it to TV.

i'm not sure if Toonami would even go after Sailor Moon again at this point. it could do well at bringing in a female audience potentially, but i'm not sure if that's what they're shooting for. or if there's enough men who would watch it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
i'm not sure if Toonami would even go after Sailor Moon again at this point. it could do well at bringing in a female audience potentially, but i'm not sure if that's what they're shooting for. or if there's enough men who would watch it.

Toonami has unabashibly said the prime target for the are key mens demos, then again, Sailor Moon was pretty popular with males back in the day for, well, obvious reasons.

mhs004

Could Danganronpa qualify for Toonami? Or is it not action-y enough?

Also, someone needs to fucking license JoJo. Now.

I doubt it as it is not really action-y, is short, and not a big name in the west. I like it but I don't think Toonami will take it.

Doesn't jojo break alot of copyright laws?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sailor Moon is easily the fourth or fifth most viable anime in the US market. DBZ, Pokémon, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Bleach. Could even be third. Still does great merch and it hasn't been on the air in forever.

Has more action in it than Big O. Has a reliable male demographic behind it and always has. It would do gangbusters.

foxuzamaki

would have been here sooner, but was watching episode 10 of monogatari season 2 and had geeked out

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I doubt it as it is not really action-y, is short, and not a big name in the west. I like it but I don't think Toonami will take it.

Doesn't jojo break alot of copyright laws?

Danganronpa does have its fans going by the Something Awful Let's Play (and all the people complaining when they block the site to non-members).

And I know JoJo is a legal nightmare. But surely there has to be a way.

Tenumi

Banned
Doesn't look like I'll be on tonight. Such a mentally exausting day today that I'm gonna catch some sleep early. Thank goodness for DVR....

foxuzamaki

Kill la Kill, Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, and potentially Hunter x Hunter. The lineup next year could be very good.

maybe even squeeze gurren lagann in there to prepare for kill la kill, does scifi still have the rights to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom