• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Noticed something, is this our official?

12:00 - Evangelion 2.22
2:30 - SPECIAL
2:45 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
3:15 - Big O
3:45 - SPECIAL
4:00-5:30 - Regular Programming.

Can't say I believe this schedule either. Unless they're really skimping on commercials, Eva should go until at least 2:40-ish.

Can't say I believe this schedule either. Unless they're really skimping on commercials, Eva should go until at least 2:40-ish.

Well, it's the one on the front and back door schedules for now. Could be DeMarco's fiendish Lich King plan in action to keep everyone from the troof.

LycanXIII said:
Two fifteen minute blocks? ROBOT CHICKEN!

Funny you should say that....

corey barnes ‏@radiospringy 5h
@Clarknova1 Should I trust my direcTV guide for saying robot chicken is on toonami next week after "Surprise!?"

LICH KING DEMARCO ‏@Clarknova1 4h
@radiospringy No.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Imagine watching the original episode 25 and 26 live without the knowledge of a move ending?

That's what originally happened to me. I was all "wtf man?" then the next day the movie came on HBO and I watched it there.
Masturbating Shinji
and all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to my Dish guide, 2.22 goes from Midnight to 3:45 AM, then at 3:45 to 4:00, it's "To Be Announced", followed by FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, then Inuyasha at their regular times.

Episode 4 was okay.

wickedsunshine_unclesam_watchingyou_750x900.png

Tamanon

Banned
I've still gotta watch Episode 4 before tonight's episode too. Think I'll just do it during Naruto or One Piece.

Is Bleach still in one-off fillers or do they start the filler arc today?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've still gotta watch Episode 4 before tonight's episode too. Think I'll just do it during Naruto or One Piece.

Is Bleach still in one-off fillers or do they start the filler arc today?

Taking the movie night into consideration, I believe we still have 6 weeks until the filler arc starts.

So would you guys be interested in having a Toonami GAF 3DS FC list? Not sure how many people here have 3DS but with Pokemon X/Y coming out we may want to play together

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just finished Eva 1.11 which is the first Evangelion related thing I have ever seen.

My mind has been blown.

You're going to get a kick out of 2.22 then. Evangelion is one of those franchises that people will still be talking about and recommending twenty years from now. It's sorta like DBZ at this point, you can always come out with merchandise for it and people will buy it.

Something that really blew my mind is that the corresponding manga series just finished...18 years after it started. The release schedule wasn't consistent, it only has 14 volumes after all those years, but that's still pretty shocking to me. I remember seeing Volume 1 way back in the day, and figured it was a short adaptation like the Cowboy Bebop manga.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
and if you were to remove the music videos from Eva 1.11's runtime, that leaves just about enough time to add ten more minutes of movie, doesn't it?

They would still need to skimp on commercials. In order to get Eva 2.22 to fit under 2:30, they would have to air 22+ minutes of content per half hour. Adult Swim/Toonami normally runs about 21 minutes. It's close enough that it could certainly be possible, and the rules are maybe a bit faster and looser for movies, but running at a normal Toonami pace would have the movie ending a shade before 2:45.

So...we'll see. They obviously do have some flexibility with the commercials, as they do manage to flex things for events like Eureka's finale or FLCL's finale.

Oh hey, new thread. You guys sure do burn through these fast with your hotpockets and your Ben 10'o'clock and your SAO reactions
which were very fun to read last week

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh hey, new thread. You guys sure do burn through these fast with your hotpockets and your Ben 10'o'clock and your SAO reactions
which were very fun to read last week

Ben 10'o'clock is no more now that Eureka Seven is done.

You're going to get a kick out of 2.22 then. Evangelion is one of those franchises that people will still be talking about and recommending twenty years from now. It's sorta like DBZ at this point, you can always come out with merchandise for it and people will buy it.

Something that really blew my mind is that the corresponding manga series just finished...18 years after it started. The release schedule wasn't consistent, it only has 14 volumes after all those years, but that's still pretty shocking to me. I remember seeing Volume 1 way back in the day, and figured it was a short adaptation like the Cowboy Bebop manga.

I remember hearing about the manga in 2004 - back then, people were only joking that the person who was making it would die before they finished the story. As the years went on, that joke turned into a very real concern for a lot of fans. It was actually a nice little paradigm for how Berserk fans have been acting for the last 20+ years.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, don't look now but we're starting off with an Omaeda episode, Sasuke goes one-on-one with Yoroi while fighting the effects of the curse seal, Robin tries to figure out what the hell is going on, another witch reveals herself, Sword Art Online's episode title is fairly self-explanatory, Satomi and the Rocket take on their archnemeses from last season in a mid-season showdown, Anakin and Ahsoka have to save the day after an attack by the Separatists' newest starship, Roger faces a challenge from the Orient after the return of Beck, Edward takes on Kimblee, the Bebop crew goes hunting for Beta, and Koga's philandering finally catches up to him.

12:00 - Bleach - 312 - Inauguration! The Brand New 2nd Division Captain!
12:30 - Naruto - 39 - Bushy Brow's Jealousy: Lion's Barrage Unleashed!
1:00 - One Piece - 221 - A Mysterious Boy With a Horn and Robin's Deduction!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 27 - 800 Years of Bloodlust – Advent of the Heretic Witch?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 5 - Murder in the Safe Zone
2:30 - IGPX - 18 - Puzzled
3:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 2 - Rising Malevolence
3:30 - Big O - 18 - The Greatest Villain
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 41 - The Abyss
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
5:00 - Inuyasha - 83 - The Female Wolf Demon and the Lunar Rainbow Promise
5:30 - Inuyasha - 84 - Koga's Bride-to-Be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom