• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey guys, we're starting our Saturday Pre-Show WatchBlock. We had a test run last weekend and had quite a blast watching some dumb eyepatch girl do stupid shit. Anyway, that's not what we're watching. If you're interested in joining the watch please join the ToonamiGAF IRC channel or send me a PM on how to join. It starts 9:00 PM EDT and will run roughly until 11:30PM EDT. We hope you can make it.

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 1 - Revolutionary Transfer Student
9:25 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 1 - Dio the Invader
9:50 - Fate/Zero - 1 - The Summoning of Ancient Heroes
10:40 - Darker than Black - 1 - The Fallen Star of a Contract... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 1 - Turning Point
That sounds kind of tempting. I'll have to see if I have the time. Already seen Jojo & Steins;Gate (though I totally wouldn't mind rewatching those) plus a decent amount of Fate/Zero (I'd love to see ToonamiGAF's reaction to Caster's first appearance, though I won't dare spoil what happens), but it would be fun to rewatch with other people & see what they think. Any word on where the shows would be watched?

That sounds kind of tempting. I'll have to see if I have the time. Already seen Jojo & Steins;Gate (though I totally wouldn't mind rewatching those) plus a decent amount of Fate/Zero (I'd love to see ToonamiGAF's reaction to Caster's first appearance, though I won't dare spoil what happens), but it would be fun to rewatch with other people & see what they think. Any word on where the shows would be watched?

Send a PM to kayos

Check out the IRC or PM Kayos if you have issues with that

Crocodile

Hey guys, we're starting our Saturday Pre-Show WatchBlock. We had a test run last weekend and had quite a blast watching some dumb eyepatch girl do stupid shit. Anyway, that's not what we're watching. If you're interested in joining the watch please join the ToonamiGAF IRC channel or send me a PM on how to join. It starts 9:00 PM EDT and will run roughly until 11:30PM EDT. We hope you can make it.

I've already seen Darker than Black (but have yet to see the infamous season 2........) but this is a great lineup. Too bad I probably won't be home Saturday till super late :/

I've already seen Darker than Black (but have yet to see the infamous season 2........) but this is a great lineup. Too bad I probably won't be home Saturday till super late :/

Hopefully we'll be able to do this every weekend before Toonami so if you miss it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up especially if you've already seen one of the shows

Raxus

I have seen 3 of the 5 but the ones I have seen were great and the new ones interest me at least. Count me in. We should add some shows in the rotation if this takes off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
aw man, i should've suggested Great Teacher Onizuka ;-;
Damn, wouldn't mind watching that again. I read a decent amount of the manga thanks to my library when I was just starting high school (got around to volume 18 to 20, can't remember exactly). Sadly, I don't think they ever got the rest of the volumes...

Edit: Shonan 14 Days, I read a couple of volumes as well. Still good, but feels waaaay too similar. Some characters pretty much have the same traits/characteristics as the students from the original series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
aw man, i should've suggested Great Teacher Onizuka ;-;

I watch GTO once every year or so for funsies. Best non G Gundam show I ever bought.

Damn, wouldn't mind watching that again. I read a decent amount of the manga thanks to my library when I was just starting high school (got around to volume 18 to 20, can't remember exactly). Sadly, I don't think they ever got the rest of the volumes...

You need to read the end of GTO. Right now if possible. The best ending to any manga. Period. End of story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You need to read the end of GTO. Right now if possible. The best ending to any manga. Period. End of story.
Wow, yeah, only 25 volumes, so I'm actually rather close to finishing it. Though if anything, it further annoys me that my library never bothered to get the remaining volumes (hell, they have Akira volumes 1 through 5, BUT NOT 6, THE FINAL VOLUME).

We could have movie nights as well.
I'd totally be up for that as well. I'd love to rewatch something like Summer Wars with a group
& then play the "HEY, that was like in the Digimon movie!" drinking game.

Gonna miss out on Saturday night. Have to let Eva provide one last mindfuck on me. I'll catch up and be around for the second installment.

Also, I couldn't find Jojo on Crunchyroll nor Hulu. Does Netflix have it?

Raxus

Gonna miss out on Saturday night. Have to let Eva provide one last mindfuck on me. I'll catch up and be around for the second installment.

Also, I couldn't find Jojo on Crunchyroll nor Hulu. Does Netflix have it?

Sadly due to copyright issues I doubt you won't find it via 'legal methods' I presume.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, Jojo has a good amount of musical bands/songs titles being references (ACDC is a villain in part 2, guy with a stand named Red Hot Chili Peppers in part 4, another with a stand called D4C, or Dirty Deeds Done For Cheap in part 7, & many more). Author/creator wasn't a big fan of getting them changed, so wouldn't be surprised if this never got licensed. A shame, because it's pretty good, especially once part 2 starts up & lives up the the "bizarre" in the title.

Raxus

Oh yeah, Jojo has a good amount of musical bands/songs titles being references (ACDC is a villain in part 2, guy with a stand named Red Hot Chili Peppers in part 4, another with a stand called D4C, or Dirty Deeds Done For Cheap in part 7, & many more). Author/creator wasn't a big fan of getting them changed, so wouldn't be surprised if this never got licensed. A shame, because it's pretty good, especially once part 2 starts up & lives up the the "bizarre" in the title.

Three words.

Vampiric Squirrel Hand

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
School Days needs to be worked into that schedule somehow.
Oh god, another series I'd rewatch just to see everyone's reactions....though I don't know if I want to deal with Makoto again, especially considering what he does in the PC sequels....

Fight? What fight? Things holding steady from last week.

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2013
(in total viewers)
12:00AM Bleach 0.8 HH, 1.067 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.7 HH, 1.046 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 912,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 872,000
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 836,000
2:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 642,000
3:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 697,000
3:30AM Big O/An 0.5 HH, 615,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 580,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.4 HH, 554,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 577,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 555,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tvratings/30974/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-september-9-2013/

I never really enjoyed IGPX. I found the execution to be sort of.... meh. I enjoyed the premise/concept though.

Have you been watching it recently or did you stop during season 1? IGPX has some pacing issues (especially at the start of the series) but has really turned things around. I can understand why people don't like it though.

First impressions hurt. And that show basically sucked for like 5 weeks

This is the big thing, you hit the nail on the head. IGPX was incredibly slow for over a month but since then the quality has been steadily improving to the point where I look forward to each week's episode. However, most people that bailed early aren't going to come back so the ratings will suffer as we're seeing.

*Water 7 spoiler*

HOLY SHIT AT CHOPPER'S MONSTER POINT GAWDDAMN! And I love how Luffy refers to Lucci as "Pigeon Bastard" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom