• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Three swears, a new record.
Still not as bad as a few weeks ago where both "pissed" & "bitch" were used in the same episode. I know I bring this up every other week or so, but I still can't get over the jarring shift in adding swears in the second season when the first season had none of that.

& with that, I'm done. Will watch FMA Brotherhood tomorrow.

RagnarokX

So the one non-racer girl was just being dumb with her out-of-nowhere assumption
Next week she warns the team that the kindergarteners are putting on an epic thanksgiving show and the team decides to turn their Helen Keller play into an extravagant musical.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
True Story: three weeks ago that Harribo Happy Cola ad had me break my diet and search across two towns to find some. They were good!

Droid interrogation. OK.

I feel like Team Satomi should have lost in season 1, would have made them winning this season all the sweeter

Teasing the audience would have made the win sweeter, but I think that their championship run has been more fruitful than an underdog story would have been. The pressure to compete at a championship level, week in, week out has affected everyone on the team, not just Takeshi, and it shakes up the setting of the show a bit more. Plus, it gave us that episode where everyone took turns beating up Takeshi's ego, which was just phenomenal.

Not that it could have happened any other way, mind - the team was already on the ropes financially, so if they lost that first Grand Prix, that was it for them. I just think that Season 2 would have been a repeat of Season 1 if they had to start from the bottom again.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Droid interrogation. OK.

Teasing the audience would have made the win sweeter, but I think that their championship run has been more fruitful than an underdog story would have been. The pressure to compete at a championship level, week in, week out has affected everyone on the team, not just Takeshi, and it shakes up the setting of the show a bit more. Plus, it gave us that episode where everyone took turns beating up Takeshi's ego, which was just phenomenal.

Not that it could have happened any other way, mind - the team was already on the ropes financially, so if they lost that first Grand Prix, that was it for them. I just think that Season 2 would have been a repeat of Season 1 if they had to start from the bottom again.

I fully agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom