• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Oh man I've heard things about Date-A-Live but never actually bothered to read the light novels/watch the anime. Do you think either one is watchable or are both series a SAO style mess?

I'd love to see it on there, watching stuff with all of you guys makes the experience 1000x more enjoyable

Personally I think GL has an amazing dub, plus the VA for teen/adult Gohan plays our lord and savior Kamina.

Sacred Star of Milos has a better plot, but Conqueror of Shamballa shits all over it in terms of animation quality.

Also, Shamballa has fucking Fritz Lang as a main character.

So should we still have a community watch of the FMA movie?

Maybe she gets more awesome later but as of episode 50 (where I'm stopping for the night) if it isn't complete fodder demons that everyone can one shot her attacks usually miss or get reflected back into her.
Well, like any other anime, the big baddies are reserved for the protagonist. But to say that she sucks? Come on. She can hold her own.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Miroku is clearly the second strongest person...but the show knows this so they always always always throw Miasma or Miasma insects at him to prevent him from using his move, effectively making him third overall.

Kagome also has an amazing OHKO that they rarely bust out.

Depending on what they are up to, you would be surprised. Have they done (big spoilers)
Gon vs Pitou
or
Killua's sister
yet? Because both are messed up.

Nope, we're just ramping up to
the fights against the royal guard

And happy birthday Bass!

Crocodile

So I heard there were rumblings of changes to the times of the Toonami pre-block watch. Is it moving to tomorrow? Earlier on Saturday? Sunday?

LOLDSFAN

Happy Bassday.

Oh and I've already seen the FMA movies, but if some of you haven't I wouldn't mind it. Also it's pretty much 2 hours so it fits the block.

foxuzamaki

Miroku is clearly the second strongest person...but the show knows this so they always always always throw Miasma or Miasma insects at him to prevent him from using his move, effectively making him third overall.

Kagome also has an amazing OHKO that they rarely bust out.

yeah kagome literally has god powers within her since she is a reincarnation of a priestess, one shot of her arrow and every person dies, so they always keep that from happening.

Thanks everyone :)

ovrwx.jpg

24 today!

My parents put freaking sticky notes all over the house including inside the bathrooms -.- they say things like "congrats on being old" and "don't eat too much cake" lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So, a lot has been happening for the past few days and will be happening. Something extremely important came up today and tomorrow. The watchblock will most likely not be happening tomorrow. It could happen but I absolutely cannot guarantee it. If it does end up happening tomorrow then I will know by Saturday morning and will post around 11pm cdt. Otherwise it'll happen some time on Sunday. I am absolutely not sure what time is the most convenient but I think late is not a good one because people have work or something the next day. As a result the watchblock on Sunday would happen 2:00pm cdt. I know that doesn't leave much room for sleep after Toonami. If this doesn't work with a lot of the regulars then we can split up the watch block by watching half of it sometime later Sunday and the rest sometime during the week before next week. Anyway, talk amongst yourselves and stuff. I'll be checking gaf regularly today but I won't be able to post often.

P.S. Happy Birthday Bass.

So, a lot has been happening for the past few days and will be happening. Something extremely important came up today and tomorrow. The watchblock will most likely not be happening tomorrow. It could happen but I absolutely cannot guarantee it. If it does end up happening tomorrow then I will know by Saturday morning and will post around 11pm cdt. Otherwise it'll happen some time on Sunday. I am absolutely not sure what time is the most convenient but I think late is not a good one because people have work or something the next day. As a result the watchblock on Sunday would happen 2:00pm cdt. I know that doesn't leave much room for sleep after Toonami. If this doesn't work with a lot of the regulars then we can split up the watch block by watching half of it sometime later Sunday and the rest sometime during the week before next week. Anyway, talk amongst yourselves and stuff. I'll be checking gaf regularly today but I won't be able to post often.

P.S. Happy Birthday Bass.

It sounds like you've got a hectic weekend, I think it'd be best to just skip it this weekend and continue as normal next weekend. Take the weekend for yourself to get things back on track :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah man, if things are busy for you, it's fine to skip it unless you know for certain Sunday would work out. & even then, it should only happen after all of your stuff is taken care of. Don't feel like you HAVE to make it happen if you've got more important things to take care of.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It sounds like you've got a hectic weekend, I think it'd be best to just skip it this weekend and continue as normal next weekend. Take the weekend for yourself to get things back on track :)

Nah. I'm a greedy bastard and I actually want to do this because I want to watch the show with you guys. If I didn't want to do it, I would say it explicitly, lol. Don't worry about it.

Nah. I'm a greedy bastard and I actually want to do this because I want to watch the show with you guys. If I didn't want to do it, I would say it explicitly, lol. Don't worry about it.

Haha

Well I still think we should keep the pre show as one big block instead of splitting it up.

LOLDSFAN

Yeeeeah we all know you just want more time to party!!!

I kid I kid. :p

foxuzamaki

I'm actually serious about having a day where we watch gurren lagann for MCXC's sake. I would love to see all his reactions to it.
Also gives me an excuse to watch it again, havent seen it in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom