• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Numbers don't lie. SAO>>>>SOUL EATER this week.

I agree 100% actually. Soul Eater was pretty okay this week while SAO had me rolling on the floor.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only show Adult Swim has aired more than Bebop is GitS and GitS despite being among the greatest shows ever still isn't as iconic as Bebop which could get away for airing for a dozen years.

The only show Adult Swim has aired more than Bebop is GitS and GitS despite being among the greatest shows ever still isn't as iconic as Bebop which could get away for airing for a dozen years.

it's also a pretty terrible show to air at like 4am given how heavy on the dialogue it can get

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
it's also a pretty terrible show to air at like 4am given how heavy on the dialogue it can get
Yeah, not gonna lie, I've tried to watch this, then suddenly IGPX or something else is on in the blink in an eye, so I just go to bed & watch it the next day or so via DVR. It's kind of hard to stay awake when a good amount of the show is talking.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think GitS has been aired more than Bebop

Sorry I reversed that in my head.

The only show they've aired more than GitS is Bebop. FLCL is the only other show that comes close in total airings and that really shouldn't count considering they can run through it in a quarter of the time!

anyone have any predictions for what Sword Art Online's replacement is gonna be? so far as we know it's most likely a Funimation show since Soul Eater is probably getting switched out for Blue Exorcist from Aniplex since that's the only one that ends in March.

Seda

This seems to be a common stance, but I legitimately enjoyed the Soul Society arc, up to about when Aizen was revealed to be the big baddie. And then the next arc kept going and going and I kept hoping it would improve again, but I found it more and more difficult to care about anything in the show. I think I realized I how much less I was enjoying it around the time the four pillars were placed in fake Karakura town, each with a throwaway villain.

I did somewhat enjoy watching Aizen finally lose his cool though.

MikeMyers

This seems to be a common stance, but I legitimately enjoyed the Soul Society arc, up to about when Aizen was revealed to be the big baddie. And then the next arc kept going and going and I kept hoping it would improve again, but I found it more and more difficult to care about anything in the show. I think I realized I how much less I was enjoying it around the time the four pillars were placed in fake Karakura town, each with a throwaway villain.

I did somewhat enjoy watching Aizen finally lose his cool though.

I agree mostly with this. I loved the high school scenarios, and it's by far my favorite portion of the series (by the way, that's also how I feel about YYH).

I haven't seen Soul Society arc since like....2005? I remember liking it, but I think I'm going to need a revisit of it.

The Aizen stuff started off good but it started to drag like crazy, and it felt like I was just watching a bunch of random people fight each other again and again and again.

Fulllbring arc I didn't love but I didn't hate it either, I do like how it was scaled back to just having the regular characters for most of the arc.

The anime ended after that and I have no desire to read the manga for the next arc. But I'm not gonna begrudge anyone for liking it.

LOLDSFAN

I'm sorry what?

It got up to 77 here. Weird for December.

The reason we’re telling you guys about it NOW, is because we want YOU to make a cover for it! From now through Dec 22nd, feel free to send your designs for the cover of THE ICHI MEGAMIX to this tumblr! The winner will get one of those sweet T-shirts we’re giving away all month, and our undying gratitude.

I'm assuming ASSauLTxMasTER is entering right? :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
eh. does it count if my suggestion for watching this show is just to skip to the races?

also, as i'm catching up on Naruto since when are Naruto and Shikamaru bros?

While Naruto is clearly the butt boy of his year in the Ninja academy it is revealed at the beginning of the
Get back the Sauce arc
that the other class goof offs are Kiba, Chouji and Shikamaru.

Raxus

eh. does it count if my suggestion for watching this show is just to skip to the races?

also, as i'm catching up on Naruto since when are Naruto and Shikamaru bros?

2 worst students in the class brah. That and Shika seems to get along with most people and that makes him a natural Chunin after the exam.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i thought he was supposed to be like an outcast and stuff

He is but he got a lot of after school lessons with the other goof-offs and they bonded a bit.

Of course none of this matters in the long run as absence makes the heart grow fonder (plus the events of the pre timeskip) and everyone generally likes Naruto when he comes back, though they do have something new to make fun of him about!

He is but he got a lot of after school lessons with the other goof-offs and they bonded a bit.

Of course none of this matters in the long run as absence makes the heart grow fonder (plus the events of the pre timeskip) and everyone generally likes Naruto when he comes back, though they do have something new to make fun of him about!

meh. seems like kind of a jarring change after the show pounded it into my head that nobody liked Naruto and everyone around him in the Chunin Exams was basically "fuck that loser"

I enjoy Bleach, except the filler it's trash. It does have alot of problems but it has enjoyable characters and a fun story.

I'd say this filler has been more enjoyable then the later half of the Arracar Arc. Of course reading the current arc in Naruto
Shinobi War
I'm starting to grow more appreciative of Bleach's Arracar War. When given the choice of one really long boring fight or a bunch of shorter varied ones I'll take the shorter varied ones every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom