• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

.......did this exchange between Naruto and Hinata before the final rounds happen in the manga?

Before the final rounds of the Chunin Exams?

Actually, Naruto's fight in the 2nd round of the tournament is probably the first time I started getting irked by the series (other than Sakura being sidelined straight away).

MikeMyers

i checked, it is. i was kind of surprised because it was actually decently written and made sense lol. wasn't sure it actually came from the guy who gave us Sakura's backstory

Sakura was pretty much screwed from the beginning in terms of being a character. Naruto had the whole Ninetails underdog thing, Sasuke had the well-known family and revenge story. Sakura....has a big forehead and broke up with her only friend for a guy that's indifferent to her.

That being said, I don't really hate her, just feel more like shes wasted potential.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sakura was pretty much screwed from the beginning in terms of being a character. Naruto had the whole Ninetails underdog thing, Sasuke had the well-known family and revenge story. Sakura....has a big forehead and broke up with her only friend for a guy that's indifferent to her.

That being said, I don't really hate her, just feel more like shes wasted potential.
Basically my stance, never hated her, I think alot of anime fans get a lil too passionate and hate characters way too easily.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Even Kishi's said he should have put Hinata in her place instead.

Raxus

I don't think it's possible for your posts to come across as rude as long as I read them in Jaken's voice.

No lie, every time I finish reading one of MikeMyers post I always add a M-M-Master Sesshomaru! at the end of the post. Hilarious.

Sorry about the 'spoilers' for Naruto I should have figured some people might marathon through it while we wait for N:S.

That being said, can we expect a Naruto 101 like the One Piece 101 we constructed?

Basically my stance, never hated her, I think alot of anime fans get a lil too passionate and hate characters way too easily.

Mainly I just get really frustrated with her. I would go into more detail but obviously most of it is spoilers so I will save my ranting for the manga thread.

How the hell would the final arc of Part 1 work if it was Hinata in Team 7?

Sasuke:
I'm leaving the team to go with Orochimaru to get stronger, peace
Hinata: Naruto-kun...

Naruto takes it 1000x harder than Hinata. Hell this is probably still true for Sakura. Instead Hinata would probably encourage Naruto to find him and get him to stop being an emo bitch. In short Hinata's the best.

A particular Shippuden arc would have been even better if Hinata was part of the team. Plus it would have been nicer to see a powered up Hinata as opposed to 'powered up' Sakura or we decided to give Sakura her own Ninjitsu finally.

MikeMyers

How the hell would the final arc of Part 1 work if it was Hinata in Team 7?

Sasuke:
I'm leaving the team to go with Orochimaru to get stronger, peace
Hinata: Naruto-kun...

this is very true. you'd think some kind of tolerance would be built up to a medium that seems to have way more annoying characters than is typical.

i say this as the person who stabs at the air when that frog chick from Soul Eater shows up

MikeMyers

this is very true. you'd think some kind of tolerance would be built up to a medium that seems to have way more annoying characters than is typical.

i say this as the person who stabs at the air when that frog chick from Soul Eater shows up

I'm scared to look at animeGAF.

M-M-Master Sesshomaru!

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2861

here is the English cast of Space Dandy:

Dandy - Ian Sinclair (Toriko - Toriko, Robber A - Dragon Ball Z Movie 13: Wrath of the Dragon)
QT - Alison Viktorin (Conan Edogawa - Case Closed)
Meow - Joel McDonald (Takumi Fujiwara - Initial D, Kilik (the black kid with glasses) - Soul Eater)
Dr. Gel - J. Michael Tatum (Scar - FMA Brotherhood, Eneru - One Piece, Okabe - Steins;Gate, Sold His Wife - Samurai 7)
Bea - Micah Solusod (Soul - Soul Eater)
Perry - Kent Williams (Father - FMA Brotherhood, Dr. Gero - DBZ, Captain Kuro - One Piece, That Cat - Darker Than Black)
Honey - Alexis Tipton (uh.....)
Scarlet - Colleen Clinkenbeard (Riza Hawkeye - FMA, G cup - Deadman Wonderland)
Narrator - R. Bruce Elliott (Kambei - Samurai 7, Richard Moore - Case Closed)

(if you guys can help me with who Ian Sinclair, Joel McDonald, and Alexis Tipton play that'd be great)

LycanXIII

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2861

here is the English cast of Space Dandy:

Dandy - Ian Sinclair
QT - Alison Viktorin
Meow - Joel McDonald
Dr. Gel - J. Michael Tatum
Bea - Micah Solusod
Perry - Kent Williams
Honey - Alexis Tipton
Scarlet - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Narrator - R. Bruce Elliott

Was the start date ever made official?

"The series will start on Adult Swim’s Toonami block at 11:30pm on January 4th with English audio in the US."

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/69062721932/january-4th-2014-a-day-that-will-be-long

Full Jan 4th Lineup
11:30p – Space Dandy
12:00a – Bleach
12:30a – Naruto: Shippuden
1:00a – One Piece
1:30a – Soul Eater
2:00a – Sword Art Online
2:30a – FLCL
3:00a – Uncut Naruto - Starting over at ep 1!

3:30a – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00a – Ghost in the Shell: SAC
4:30a – IGPX
5:00a – Star Wars Clone Wars
5:30a - Inuyasha

So Naruto is back at Ep. 1 and we lose a half-hour of Inuyasha.....this fucking blows

LycanXIII

Joel McDonald is Kilik from SE.
J. Michael Tatum is Giriko.
Micah Solusod is Soul Eater Evans.
Kent Williams is Sid from SE, Father from FMA:B, and Klahadore from OP.
Colleen Clinkenbeard is Marie from SE, and Luffy from OP.
R. Bruce Elliot is Whitebeard in OP.

The others don't have any major roles in Toonami shows from what I can tell.

yeah, i have no idea why they're restarting Naruto. or why Clone Wars is getting booted to 5am when from our end at least it looks like it was doing just fine.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/69062721932/january-4th-2014-a-day-that-will-be-long

Full Jan 4th Lineup
11:30p – Space Dandy
12:00a – Bleach
12:30a – Naruto: Shippuden
1:00a – One Piece
1:30a – Soul Eater
2:00a – Sword Art Online
2:30a – FLCL
3:00a – Uncut Naruto - Starting over at ep 1!

3:30a – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00a – Ghost in the Shell: SAC
4:30a – IGPX

I thought they could only afford one series of Naruto at once?

And why is Star Wars being punished to the 5AM slot (or why are we being punished with less Inuyasha? Do they need to buy more time for Final Act?)

LycanXIII

I have no problem with Naruto "Uncut" staying on the line-up, but why restart it? They've got a contract for a certain amount of time (I assume) so why waste it showing repeats?

MikeMyers

tumblr_ls3kjpLdzx1r32yoao1_500.gif

MADNESS!

So when they reach Naruto 52 again, will they just start all over or continue with the rest of the series? Either way, I don't approve

Just like DBZ Ocean Dub!

Moaradin

Airing Naruto while we have Shippuden seems kinda pointless. If they are gonna get rid of one of the Inuyasha slots for anything, I'd rather have another One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom