• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be hard for Oda to live up to the hype he's been building all these years over One Piece (the treasure). Maybe he'll pull a fast one and end the series by not showing us what One Piece actually is.

It's gonna be hard for Oda to live up to the hype he's been building all these years over One Piece (the treasure). Maybe he'll pull a fast one and end the series by not showing us what One Piece actually is.

Nah It's been made pretty clear that the truth behind OP will drastically alter the world when it's found, no way Oda doesn't show it

JK Rowling
JRR Tolkien

I've known a lot of people that didn't like the final HP book. Never read Tolkien's stuff and i've only watched the first LotR movie. Besides, neither of them invested as much time into their work as Oda has with his. 20 plus years of build-up (eventually) for one reveal. Lot to live up to.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've known a lot of people that didn't like the final HP book. Never read Tolkien's stuff and i've only watched the first LotR movie. Besides, neither of them invested as much time into their work as Oda has with his. 20 plus years of build-up (eventually) for one reveal. Lot to live up to.

I'd say Tolkien's worked on his stuff more, the guy spent his entire life after WWI writing about the world of LOTR.

Your question was if a writer alone could pay the bills and make a merchandise empire by themselves, Harry Potter has it's own theme park and so many toys, games, movies, and such it's unreal, same with LotR minus the theme park.

Your question was if a writer alone could pay the bills and make a merchandise empire by themselves, Harry Potter has it's own theme park and so many toys, games, movies, and such it's unreal, same with LotR minus the theme park.

Seriously, bass? It's an expression. I was not literally asking if his writing skills could support him. I was saying if he had the chops to live up to the hype he's been building for almost 2 decades now. You sure you're okay, man?

Seriously, bass? It's an expression. I was not literally asking if his writing skills could support him. I was saying if he had the chops to live up to the hype he's been building for almost 2 decades now. You sure you're okay, man?

No I'm not, this FMA 03 ending is so dumb it makes my hurt inside

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gallery_49158_1458_38168.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHA

wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

lol Speaking of robots out of nowhere, the newest game in the Ultimate Ninja series includes Mecha Naruto for some reason. It's basically just a robot of Naruto. Hopefully that's not the character that Kishimoto was designing for the game.

I hope it is, because that means he isn't planning to add such a character to the actual canon story, I wouldn't put it past him with how stupid Naruto's story has gotten

Levyne

Banned
Hell, it'll take years to simply get to Pain. Which is where I stopped watching.

Wait, I mean it's where I would have stopped watching. If I watched anime.

Branduil

Uh Tolkien spent his whole life writing about Middle Earth and never actually finished it before he died. The Silmarillion was published in its incomplete state posthumously.

Seda

Apparently Summer Wars averaged over 1 million for it's whole run

v

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2013
(in total viewers)

12:00AM MOVIE: Summer Wars 0.9 HH, 1.362 million
2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.6 HH, 845,000
3:00AM Star Wars Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 845,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 714,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 677,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 639,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 708,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 703,000

Damn Summer Wars killed it, 800k for Clone Wars at 3:00AM is also pretty awesome. Wonder how much better it'll do at 5:00AM. Honestly if I were Toonami I'd switch InuYasha and Clone Wars, that way kids who get up a bit later then 5 can still see it
and Toonami GAF can all go to bed at 5:30

Uh Tolkien spent his whole life writing about Middle Earth and never actually finished it before he died. The Silmarillion was published in its incomplete state posthumously.
I was referring to the main trilogy, not his collected works. It's not like he stopped after Two Towers, wrote a bunch of stuff in between and then wrote Return of the King many years later.

Madre de Dios. Summer Wars did gangbusters.

Mature

People need to use apostrophes when abbreviating years so I don't think you're watching the 3rd episode of FMA over and over :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom