• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Seda gone mad with power. Mad i tell you.

The threads are still there. Just not the links. God forbid you guys use the search function.

As far as the other top 6, in no particular order. Akira/movies, Eva 2.22, Return of Clydes, Benicio Del Toro take over, New Absolution

#1 has to be hallways man.

FUCKING HALLWAYS

Number 6

Toonami Tumblr said:
TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, PART 6: The return of the CLYDES. The Clyde has been Toonami’s mascot since our very first day of broadcast, and something felt missing without the Clydes around. We brought them back this year with a little animated short you’ll see from time to time in the broadcast, and we’re working on more of those, too. You’ll be seeing more of Clyde in the new year!

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/70499978234/toonamis-top-ten-moments-of-2013-part-6-the

Aww yiss. More Clyde stuff.

The threads are still there. Just not the links. God forbid you guys use the search function.

I'm just messing around, Raxus.

Seda

There I put them back.

Also, I will likely be in the middle of a thirteen hour road trip while Toonami is airing this week. With Levyne.

Number 5

Toonami Tumblr said:
TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, MOMENT NUMBER 5: THE RETURN OF SARA, TOM’S ONBOARD AI! SPEAKING OF THINGS NOT FEELING RIGHT, THIS YEAR WE WERE SO HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO BRING BACK THE CHARACTER OF SARA, WHO HAS BEEN WITH US FOR YEARS AND WHO SHARES A SPECIAL BOND WITH TOM, HER PARTNER IN CRIME. DOESN’T IT FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WITH HER AROUND? SARA IS BACK AND THIS TIME, SHE’S BEING VOICED BY THE AMAZING DANA SWANSON, WHO YOU SHOULD FOLLOW ON TWITTER- @DANAISAGIRL. BE NICE.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/70500308353/toonamis-top-ten-moments-of-2013-moment-number

I feel like this should be higher up the list. SARA is pretty important.

There is really good chance I won't be watching this week. Visiting my aunt and uncle this saturday.

Aww. We'll miss you on here, man.

I assume that means Levyne won't be here as well. Everyone we know and love is leaving us. ;_;

Number 4

Toonami Tumblr said:
TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, MOMENT NUMBER 4: EVANGELION ON TOONAMI. Toonami aired a a bit of the original Neon Genesis Evangeion series back in the day, but we were super excited to bring Evangelion back to the air with Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22, two great movies that represent a game changing giant robot phenomenon. Eva is seminal, and we were glad to be able to present it to a whole new generation of fans- and make some pretty sweet promos to boot!

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/70500646819/toonamis-top-ten-moments-of-2013-moment-number

Number 3

Toonami Tumblr said:
TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, MOMENT NUMBER 3: TOM gets a sweet new redesign. Periodically, like the Phoenix of legend, TOM must rise anew, stronger and better than ever. It was once again time for TOM to shed his old skin, and in 2013, we were able to pull off a new TOM we’re really proud of. Look at that lil’ dude. Don’t you just love him?

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/70500840378/toonamis-top-ten-moments-of-2013-moment-number

Number 2

Toonami Tumblr said:
TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, MOMENT NUMBER 2: AKIRA. AKIRA IS BEYOND SEMINAL, BEYOND CLASSIC- IT’S A MOVIE THAT’S INFLUENCE IS SO LARGE IT’S ALMOST INCALCULABLE. IT’S AN INFLUENCE ON ALL OF TOONAMI’S STAFF AND OUR ENTIRE AESTHETIC, AND ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MADE US FALL IN LOVE WITH ANIME AND ANIMATION IN GENERAL. IT’S FAIR TO SAY AKIRA CHANGED OUR LIVES. THE FACT THAT WE GOT TO AIR THIS FILM INSIDE TOONAMI, WITH VIRTUALLY NO EDITS, IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE FOR US, AND SOMETHING FOR WHICH WE’LL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. ALL OF THE MANY PEOPLE WHO HIT US UP AND LET US KNOW THEY HAD NEVER SEEN AKIRA AND LOVED IT- THAT’S BASICALLY WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO. ON TOP OF THAT, WE MADE WHAT MIGHT BE ONE OF OUR BEST PROMOS EVER, AND CERTAINLY THE BEST AKIRA PROMO ANYONE HAS MADE THUS FAR (SERIOUSLY!).

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/70501403500/toonamis-top-ten-moments-of-2013-moment-number

And the top moment as chosen by the Toonami crew is......

Toonami Tumblr said:
TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, MOMENT NUMBER ONE:

WE ARE STILL ON THE AIR. Seriously, that’s huge.

We’re doing great, ratings-wise, 2014 is looking amazing (Space Dandy will surely top our 2014 list!), and it’s all thanks to you, our viewers. You brought Toonami back from the dead, and YOU keep it going week to week with your passion, your love, (even your hate- we see you hate watchers!), and your energy. We work hard to make Toonami something special because we take this very seriously, and it’s been beyond gratifying to watch as Toonami slowly gains back its strength and becomes a block to be reckoned with (we see you, ADHD).

Thanks to each and every one of you who watch, Tweet, Tumbl, comment, post, complain, compliment, and share your feelings. You are our family and we love you.

Happy Holidays!

Love, The Toonami Crew.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/70501854917/toonamis-top-ten-moments-of-2013-moment-number

Aww. We love you too, Toonami Crew.

Seda

Number 1

TOONAMI’S TOP TEN MOMENTS OF 2013, MOMENT NUMBER ONE:
WE ARE STILL ON THE AIR. Seriously, that’s huge.
We’re doing great, ratings-wise, 2014 is looking amazing (Space Dandy will surely top our 2014 list!), and it’s all thanks to you, our viewers. You brought Toonami back from the dead, and YOU keep it going week to week with your passion, your love, (even your hate- we see you hate watchers!), and your energy. We work hard to make Toonami something special because we take this very seriously, and it’s been beyond gratifying to watch as Toonami slowly gains back its strength and becomes a block to be reckoned with (we see you, ADHD).

Thanks to each and every one of you who watch, Tweet, Tumbl, comment, post, complain, compliment, and share your feelings. You are our family and we love you.

Happy Holidays!

Love, The Toonami Crew.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys may not be liking to hear that there are some serious rumblings of a SAO Season 2 in the works.

Considering there are like six more novels of content, this doesn't surprise me.
My question is, has Kawahara become a better writer since? I probably already know the answer though...

EDIT: Not six, more like nine.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Considering there are like six more novels of content, this doesn't surprise me.
My question is, has Kawahara become a better writer since? I probably already know the answer though...

EDIT: Not six, more like nine.

From what I heard Accel World was a competent series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You guys may not be liking to hear that there are some serious rumblings of a SAO Season 2 in the works.

nonomanshitnomanewihq.gif

Moaradin

"Fuck you, you murdered me."

The most disappointing thing about that scene is that I went and watched the uncensored version, and the thing he says is something like "God damn you. You murdered me."

I don't know why that would require bleeps on TV, but I like the bleep version better.

The most disappointing thing about that scene is that I went and watched the uncensored version, and the thing he says is something like "God damn you. You murdered me."

I don't know why that would require bleeps on TV, but I like the bleep version better.

Wait he doesn't actually pull a Manga Entertainment? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom