• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just got through Roberta's Blood Trail and goddamn did they change a lot and added some shit in that wasn't there in the source material. It was good but I don't like a few of the additions, it feel like they were made just to make it darker.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I just got through Roberta's Blood Trail and goddamn did they change a lot and added some shit in that wasn't there in the source material. It was good but I don't like a few of the additions, it feel like they were made just to make it darker.

I want to watch it
Im at ~40 days into my OP watching (and 69 episodes down, but i skipped like a half dozen due to filler) and yeah that show singlehandedly is going to stop me from watching anything else for half a year :p

Raxus

I, like Seda, am waiting for November for the movie announcements to see if Roberta is among them before pouncing on the Blu Ray.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I want to watch it
Im at ~40 days into my OP watching (and 69 episodes down, but i skipped like a half dozen due to filler) and yeah that show singlehandedly is going to stop me from watching anything else for half a year :p

Yea but it's totally worth it.

I, like Seda, am waiting for November for the movie announcements to see if Roberta is among them before pouncing on the Blu Ray.

You're better off, the anime totally nerfs
Rock and Roberta
compared to the manga and what they do
to Revvy is bullshit
. I can only imagine what would happen if the changes conflict in later arcs and they decide to animate them. It feels like what 4kids did to One Piece, don't add or remove shit when you don't know what's coming later.

Gorillaz

The changes down in Roberta Blood Trail were signed off by the manga writer. The changes from manga and anime most likely means he wanted the story more cleaned up in the anime and possibly changed to work out better for whats going to happen down the line.

I"m talking specifically about
Rock's plan being trumped up more and Roberta getting nerfed

Comments on the last two weeks of Attack on Titan.

FEMALE TITAN is GREAT; a sprinting tower of muscles and destruction.

I loved the swerve last week with Reiner getting crushed, only two spin cut his way out of her hand. From "oh no!!!!!!!!" to "yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" withing moments. And then this week, her just yanking their grapples away like their nothing at all and then sending that one guy for a spin only to toss him away.

She's brutal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gonna keep it up while I go to sleep to ward away bad dreams.

It does crack me up though everytime I see it though, so it won't be permanent.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The changes down in Roberta Blood Trail were signed off by the manga writer. The changes from manga and anime most likely means he wanted the story more cleaned up in the anime and possibly changed to work out better for whats going to happen down the line.

I"m talking specifically about
Rock's plan being trumped up more and Roberta getting nerfed

Those I sort of get. It's just a few of the others I don't like, one in particular I felt was just a bit too dark.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
you have gone too far friend, your in too deep

Don't you think I know that?

Liking Naruto Non-Canon™ material, promoting Bleach, and now promoting the best episode of Cowboy Bebop, which is on in six days in change? Don't carry the weight of not being here for it.

Gorillaz

Don't you think I know that?

Liking Naruto Non-Canon™ material, promoting Bleach, and now promoting the best episode of Cowboy Bebop, which is on in six days in change? Don't carry the weight of not being here for it.

felt like cena like promo

you don't have to do this, you dont have to carry the weight

Man God has the worst avatar in the thread

image.php

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 37

I will not lie, this was one of the most tedious episodes I have seen of the season. They seemed to be under the delusion that taking the unrefined mess that is Usagi and trying to refine her into a proper princess equated to comedy gold. There was some amusing bits, like the coffee joke, but this got old and stale fast. On the other hand I do appreciative them giving a reason for retiring the arcade communicator subplot now that it has outlived its usefulness.On the other hand, having Sailor Moon still bug out over Endimyon is ignoring basic continuity. Though really a larger problem with this arc is how the established Kunscite to be a very powerful foe but now hot to resort to some of the goofier monster of the week plots of the season. Overall, this was a pretty weak episode with a mild recommendation to avoid.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 38

Well now, this episode actually defied my expectations, I was expecting another tedious romp right out of the gate but this turned out to be a really solid and important episode. Also, Yuchiro actually got screen time, which is good because I had already forgotten he existed. He even gets some backstory, and some actual advancement in his relationship with Rei. Indeed, this is probably as close to a shining moment as he is going to get. Still, the crux of this episode was establishing once and for all that despite all of the rivalry Rei and Usagi are actually really close friends. This a subplot that was needed quite frankly as they really did too effective a job of making Usagi and Rei bitter rivals and that needed to be dialed back especially in light of recent events. I will note that the DiC dub somehow missed this and would eventually lead to one of that wretched creations worst moments. Anyway, strong recommendation to watch.

I want to watch it

Haha knew you'd like it, OP only gets better and better.

On my half, I'm about midway though chapter 3 of trails with 30 hours put into it. Wednesday is a day off where I plan to invest 100% of my time to finishing it so I can start Persona 3 fes this weekend

Soulflarz

Banned
Haha knew you'd like it, OP only gets better and better.

On my half, I'm about midway though chapter 3 of trails with 30 hours put into it. Wednesday is a day off where I plan to invest 100% of my time to finishing it so I can start Persona 3 fes this weekend

Why is that man gods profile picture

and its good, BUT ITS SO LONG

Also yeah p3fes is fun

Seda

EDIT: Fuck it people get banned for talking about other bans in the past I'm not risking it

Whenever people bring them up in here (because the poster is a participant here) I usually say /something/ to indicate why they were banned - it's better than letting speculation run.

I've only banned one person in this thread.

Levyne

Banned
Whenever people bring them up in here for participants I usually say /something/ to indicate why they were banned, it's better than letting speculation run.

I've only banned one person in this thread.

That person should be ashamed. ASHAMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom