• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I have a high tolerance for bad movies, but have almost zero tolerance for movies that fail at what they set out to do. It's why I can watch and enjoy even the most terrible slasher movies (because all they set out to do is make a bunch of teenagers unlikeable and show them killed in terrible ways, with the possibility of some boobs. AND EVEN THE BAD ONES GET THIS RIGHT), but why I hate the Transformers movies, which somehow make 200 million dollars of insane CG just seem boring and unimpactful.

If your comedy isn't making me laugh, you are failing. There is a reason I don't pay money to see most of them (I think Grand Budapest Hotel was the first comedy I paid money to see in the 2010's)- I'm too jaded to be entertained by "dumb bullshit", for lack of a better word.

Comedy is hard, I don't blame you for a walking out of a movie that did nothing to entertain you. Cabin in the Woods pretty much was the nail in the coffin for most slasher movies for me (for obvious reasons). I think the last one I watched that I enjoyed was 'You're Next'. I kind of want to see that tornado slasher 'Into the Storm' movie after hearing the reviews for it.

Raxus

See I always picture Jesus more like a mischievous badger.

LkYf6X.gif

I miss this show already :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, if 4Kids had actually gotten to the current Toonami point in One Piece, they would have just cut that scene of Usopp revealing the truth to the giants.
Because they cut every scene where Usopp wasn't comic relief.

Examples: The scene where Kuro's pirates are running up the hill to attack his village, Usopp grabs one of them and makes a speech about how he can't let his lies come true. This was cut.
Most of Usopp vs. Chew, including the speech where Usopp wonders if he should run away or stay and fight. That's not even getting into how he somehow set Chew on fire with his "fizzy soda trick" (it was booze in the original).
I don't recall if they cut Usopp's "Luffy is alive" speech during the fight with Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas.

Basically, they wouldn't allow Usopp to actually be a character. He had to be pure comic relief all the time.

You know, if 4Kids had actually gotten to the current Toonami point in One Piece, they would have just cut that scene of Usopp revealing the truth to the giants.
Because they cut every scene where Usopp wasn't comic relief.

Examples: The scene where Kuro's pirates are running up the hill to attack his village, Usopp grabs one of them and makes a speech about how he can't let his lies come true. This was cut.
Most of Usopp vs. Chew, including the speech where Usopp wonders if he should run away or stay and fight. That's not even getting into how he somehow set Chew on fire with his "fizzy soda trick" (it was booze in the original).
I don't recall if they cut Usopp's "Luffy is alive" speech during the fight with Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas.

Basically, they wouldn't allow Usopp to actually be a character. He had to be pure comic relief all the time.
well he does look like a fucking clown

daveo42

Banned
FFXV demo was some good news. Maybe we'll actually see this game in 2015? Still not going to hold my breath on that one.

Seconded. Seriously, its really worth your time.

The only thing that got really stale for me was all the damn side quests. 35hrs in and I didn't want to see another side quest. Yes I know you can skip them, but then I feel like I'm somehow missing content and end up doing them anyway.

Soulflarz

Banned
FFXV demo was some good news. Maybe we'll actually see this game in 2015? Still not going to hold my breath on that one.

The only thing that got really stale for me was all the damn side quests. 35hrs in and I didn't want to see another side quest. Yes I know you can skip them, but then I feel like I'm somehow missing content and end up doing them anyway.

NO SKIP THEM! I finished in 40hr~ (maybe a bit more) and did some sidequests
I didnt get the hidden monado abilities sadly, but i dont really regret that.

Gorillaz

Finished watching FLCL

interesting premise, surrounded by alot of obscurity and some 3lewd5me but in a hilarious way, the focus of it seem to be on identifying what growing up/maturity really was, gonna assume fooly cooly meant hooking up or something close by the way the father explained it

Seems like a show I would need to rewatch to pick up on everything again. Part of me wouldn't mind it. Surprised this was only 6 episodes since most anime is usually 12-25.

Overall it was an interesting off beat show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nope, I'm guessing the few dubbed episodes were more of "tests" to see if the series could get licensed to dub more. I'm still hoping we'll be hearing some news soon, considering it's been a few months.

Moaradin

The JoJo dub situation is weird. They just put it on Crunchyroll for a few days then took it off and we haven't heard anything since. Would like to know more information about it because the first 3 dubbed episodes were pretty good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sorry, I should clarify.
I'm not a huge fan of JRPGs.
Does this do anything different? What makes this game so good?

It plays like a really simple offline MMO combat wise. Fun and addicting with tons of little features adding up to become something special, including a truly unique foretell the future and prevent it mechanic.

Has amazing (British) voice acting, though the original Japanese is no slouch either. A very simple but very well done story. Anything you see on the horizon you can eventually reach, the scope of the game is unreal. The music is orgasmic. The cutscene direction is second to none, really great use of the suburb acting, music, great camera angles to help tell the story. The game is gigantic. You can beat it in forty hours if you rush but I've never been able to put less than 100 into it.

It plays like a really simple offline MMO combat wise. Fun and addicting with tons of little features adding up to become something special, including a truly unique foretell the future and prevent it mechanic.

Has amazing (British) voice acting, though the original Japanese is no slouch either. A very simple but very well done story. Anything you see on the horizon you can eventually reach, the scope of the game is unreal. The music is orgasmic. The cutscene direction is second to none, really great use of the suburb acting, music, great camera angles to help tell the story. The game is gigantic. You can beat it in forty hours if you rush but I've never been able to put less than 100 into it.

i really hope they fix the sidequest system in the sequel

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only fix the sidequests need in my mind is the ability to turn off exp gain.

I'd die of happiness if Xenoblade 3DS has that as an option. I love the sidequests too much. Done every single one of them twice now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, it was always coming out this generation. Still doesn't mean it'll be localized next year. I don't imagine it'll be out here until 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom