• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Sooooooo

Is everyone excited that it looks like FFXV might come out this gen now?

probably a 2016 release

but don't care, SE might actually be making progress for once in the past 7 years yall
GbeFYC8.png

it's....it's beautiful

Raxus

Besides the never ending XIII series and the MMO's FF has really slowed down its productivity from generation to generation 7-9 were released on PS1. PS2 had 10 and 12. And PS3 had XIII.

Final Fantasy XV: Japanese Fashion Model Road Trip

Final Fantasy XV: Fujoshi Bait

So it appears that The Hub experiment is at the least diminishing come the fall.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/discovery-to-take-control-of-the-hub-network-1410979842

I'll note at the end of the article it mentions that Hasbro has been in intermittent talk about return some of its brands to the Cartoon Network. Maybe this will eventually mean Transformers Prime on Toonami.

Bring Transformers Prime, Batman TAS, and Superman TAS to Toonami.

Rutger

Banned
The only Gear that matters from TGS is Guilty Gear Xrd.
MGSV is looking good.

So it appears that The Hub experiment is at the least diminishing come the fall.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/discovery-to-take-control-of-the-hub-network-1410979842

I'll note at the end of the article it mentions that Hasbro has been in intermittent talk about return some of its brands to the Cartoon Network. Maybe this will eventually mean Transformers Prime on Toonami.

Could be a good thing for Toonami, I love to see Transformers Prime on it, or the return of the DCAU.

It's possible Cartoon Network could want them, but remember how Young Justice was treated, I wonder if I actually need to worry about that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

The Hub is going off the air? Did the Bronies not support it enough?

It'd be nice to have a Transformers series on Toonami, but considering how Cartoon Network treated Transformers Animated...
Granted, AS/Toonami seems to respect these shows way more than their parent company. Probably because Cartoon Network is all "toys toys toys toys fuck you if you're not a boy" where as Adult Swim is "If it's entertaining and has action, go ahead".

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Hub is going off the air? Did the Bronies not support it enough?

It'd be nice to have a Transformers series on Toonami, but considering how Cartoon Network treated Transformers Animated...
Granted, AS/Toonami seems to respect these shows way more than their parent company. Probably because Cartoon Network is all "toys toys toys toys fuck you if you're not a boy" where as Adult Swim is "If it's entertaining and has action, go ahead".

The Hub is getting rebranded as Discovery takes back majority ownership, Hasbro will still program the daytime, but it also looks like they want to get some shows back on Cartoon Network.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Hub is getting rebranded as Discovery takes back majority ownership, Hasbro will still program the daytime, but it also looks like they want to get some shows back on Cartoon Network.

I see. Daytime only block.
I guess it makes sense. The Hub didn't really have much.
Still, at least it means a chance for Batman: TAS on Toonami.

Soulflarz

Banned
Geez i leave for a few hours and you all start talking about video games and anime?!
(Okay im excited for FFXV for the wrong reasons)

daveo42

Banned
Geez i leave for a few hours and you all start talking about video games and anime?!
(Okay im excited for FFXV for the wrong reasons)

Yeah, I missed all the announcements in the past day. FFXV looks fantastic. So does MGSV and everything else that had a trailer in the past day. TGS really bringing the heat this year with game trailers. Still...as much as I am excited about FFXV, I'm trying too hold my exceptions in check. I mean, we are talking about SE here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People are overreacting in that thread, Sonic kitty looks great.

But it's modern Sonic so of course, abomination. That's just the way of it.

My only disappointment is that it's not a Shakalaka instead.

Gorillaz

I just want to come in here and overreact about it as well.

That face is nightmare worthy. Probably going to lose sleep tonight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just want to come in here and overreact about it as well.

That face is nightmare worthy. Probably going to lose sleep tonight.

H1yAZ2a.gif

Sleep well, friend.

EDIT THE SECOND: Monster Hunter 3 U had tons of anime cross over weapons. AoT dual blades, Tensaiga and Tetsaiga, Jump Pirate armor and weapon. This time around its all been vidja game cross overs instead.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just finished Black Lagoon OVA. Holy shit, the best arc of the series. What chapter does this arc end?

Don't bother, the following arc is only half done and the writer is taking a break. I presume to figure out what to do with Rock and Revvy as that situation seems to be coming to a head.

Don't bother, the following arc is only half done and the writer is taking a break. I presume to figure out what to do with Rock and Revvy as that situation seems to be coming to a head.

Man, the OVA cut out some conversations
Rock and Chang's conversation at the end
and altered some things
Roberta's wounds
in the end. I feel like I need to read that whole arc now to see what I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom