• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, the OVA cut out some conversations
Rock and Chang's conversation at the end
and altered some things
Roberta's wounds
in the end. I feel like I need to read that whole arc now to see what I missed.

You should, they also added a few scenes and nerfed both Rock and Roberta.

Edit: lol grats dude

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, I'm now tempted to change back to one of my older avatars:

bf4abd8c06245a97cd75931159556481.jpg

Just seems....fitting now.

Seda

~there's another regular I want to give a tag to, and I know what I want it to reference, I just need to come up with something clever to represent it~

Tenumi

Banned
I don't stand out enough to get a tag. Heck, my most notable thing here is being banned.

...No, I don't miss my banned tag, by the way.

-------------

I've got everything premiere watched from the weekend except for Hellsing Ultimate. Probably tonight for that, assuming I don't get wrapped into Destiny for hours on end.

daveo42

Banned
~there's another regular I want to give a tag to, and I know what I want it to reference, I just need to come up with something clever to represent it~

There are several members that could potentially warrant a tag based solely on their actions and behaviors in our GAF community, though I suppose my personal opinion doesn't really amount to a hill of beans in that case.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only nitpick is that Popeye could look a bit older (I don't know, he seemed a bit young), but otherwise, Tartakovsky did a great job capturing the spirit of the original cartoons. Just a shame it's gonna take about 2 years until it's out.

Didn't he want to make a Samurai Jack movie eventually? Despite not watching the show, it seems like it'd transfer well from 2D to 3D, seeing how well Popeye made the transition.

Edit: Oh wait, it's suppose to take place years before the classic cartoons? Well that explains it.

They're still going through with the Popeye film eh?

It's cool how Sony Pictures is diversifying itself from other CGI animated films by incorporating the zaniness and fluidity feel of 2D animation with 3D character models.

daveo42

Banned
SBT and Samurai Jack am cry.

It does look pretty good though and I'm glad he's in a spot right now where he can make what he wants and loves. I'd love to see him pick up some of the other stuff he never go to finish in the past, but that would mean working with Cartoon Network and I think that bridge has long since burned to ash.

Jarate

Banned
now that the Epiduo commercial has died, I no longer have any stakes in Toonami

RIP my dream, i'll have to latch onto another commercial

Hot Pockets commercial?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do itt

Also lol @ that tag
Im still fighting for my shota tag
id eternally love and hate it
Hmm, changed my avatar on 7/13, so it's been over 2 months. Maybe I'll change it once the final episode of Space Dandy airs.

.....speaking of Dr. Gel disappearing, it feels like he's barely been in S2, save for kidnapping Honey, the previous episode (which probably gave them the most screen time the entire season), & getting destroyed in the dance contest episode. Otherwise, it seems like quick little cameos. Maybe it's the fact Scarlet got a few episodes focused on her, yet Dr. Gel got none.

Edit: Damn it, paint.net, I made my avatar's bg transparent, why is it still showing white on Neogaf?

Raxus

Grats on the tag Zonic.

I think BatDan and BassForever are long overdue for a tags.

Edit: I am slightly disappointed nobody has The Hammer, Yeah! tag yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Save it as a png and not a jpeg?
I did (that was my first issue that I found out why it wasn't working) & the weird thing is, it shows up transparent in my documents, but when I choose it as an avatar, the white background comes back. Maybe I should upload it to Photobucket or something first.

Edit: Yeah, shows up transparent on Photobucket (& as shown below), but again, uploading it to Neogaf adds the white background.

HiimdaisyYosukeinvisiblebg_zps53869e87.png

Seda

I did (that was my first issue that I found out why it wasn't working) & the weird thing is, it shows up transparent in my documents, but when I choose it as an avatar, the white background comes back. Maybe I should upload it to Photobucket or something first.

Edit: Yeah, shows up transparent on Photobucket (& as shown below), but again, uploading it to Neogaf adds the white background.

HiimdaisyYosukeinvisiblebg_zps53869e87.png

Works for me!

You need to resize it to 100X120

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, that was the issue. Tried it & it works now. That'd explain why I was able to easily make the old Neoriceisgood avatar transparent & had no issues with them (they were 100x100ish). Now it's ready for next week or so (or heck, I'll put it back on when P4AU's out).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What scenes did they add in? How did Rock and Roberta get nerfed?
other than being wounded

Well
Roberta's body count isn't nearly as high in the anime and Rock's balls aren't as big. Plus that scene from Revvy's past never makes an appearance in the manga.

You can ask in the Forum Avatar thread (stickied in OT Community) and you'll get a response pretty quickly.

Oh thank god you changed back, I was so confused.

LOLDSFAN

I don't stand out enough to get a tag. Heck, my most notable thing here is being banned.

...No, I don't miss my banned tag, by the way.

-------------

I've got everything premiere watched from the weekend except for Hellsing Ultimate. Probably tonight for that, assuming I don't get wrapped into Destiny for hours on end.

Tenumi
Permabans aren't always permanent
(Today, 03:03 PM)

Soulflarz

Banned
Its a *tag fishing thread! Okay in not *used *to using swiftkey whatsoever this is really weird for me lol

* put by things it botched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom