• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokyo Ghoul - Episode 12

DRAZKZc.gif

Not sure how I feel. On one hand, that was awesome. On the other hand, it reeks of generic asspull.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Tokyo Ghoul anime was such a rush job. I hope it doesn't land on Toonami one day but it probably will.

Pierrot is a kiss of death for animation. Just like Gonzo.

Toei won't be good either, but they'll make you fat stacks.

Super unrelated to anything but you guys are the only people on GAF i really like. Check this thing they gave out today:

aUIQKik.jpg

Seriously can't believe they're gonna build a SpaceX station here in my rinky dink town. Being able to see genuine rocket launches from my backyard is gonna be amazing.

BatDan

Wow, that's pretty cool.
I'd recommend getting soundproofing for your windows though. Launches are going to be loud.

Regiruler

I have to write a paper on the campus's anime club for writing. I have to cite from the textbook, and it's due tomorrow.

How many points do you guys think I would lose if I used "paladins of glorious nippon" every time I need to refer to them?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, that SpaceX place sounds awesome.

Also, I'm reminded I need to figure out what kind of clubs my college has. Barely advertised compared to the clubs when I previously went to the community college.

Gorillaz

I have to write a paper on the campus's anime club for writing. I have to cite from the textbook, and it's due tomorrow.

How many points do you guys think I would lose if I used "paladins of glorious nippon" every time I need to refer to them?
Dont forget to throw in Tsundere and use plenty of examples

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'd give you bonus points.

Seriously though, so long as the writing is good you can probably get away with calling them whatever you want.

Tokyo Ghoul, while ultimately rushed, fulfilled its purpose and got me reading the manga.

Considering the author knew he/she was going to end it soon, I have honestly no idea why they rushed it :/ It apparently has sold pretty well too, perhaps it's just the violence and dark themes that got the messy anime that I put on indefinite halt. I really wish anime weren't just glorified advertisements for the manga where you can "read the rest of the story/canon story". Is it so much to ask for an anime to

1- Adapt the whole manga
2- Adapt it at a decent pace either by using filler arcs between canon ones OR planning only 13-26 episodes season, then having the next season a year later at 13-26 episodes
3- Have a budget greater then $50

BatDan

Finally started binging Breaking Bad. Finished Season 2.
There's a Spanish-langauge remake coming soon.
How long until the Breaking Bad anime?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Choose your own adventure, Mike.

Also I'm near the end of FINAL ACT. This show is crazily condensed and I love it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, that's one way to get kids into reading.

Also, I want to know the business meeting behind such items like this & the Oneechanbara TGS booth. It must lead to some interesting days at the office.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, that might actually be nice to have if you have a bigger book. I like my Azumanga Daioh omnibus, but damn if that thing isn't a pain to hold because of how big it is. In fact, that'd help provide comfort for all of those omnibus manga releases.

Soulflarz

Banned
Why does one *have* to get kids into reading
I wish they loved reading anyways. Readings amazing :p I dont do it as much nowadays, but i was an addict as a kid...

Moaradin

"Does anyone want to switch seats?"

The hell is "The Irregular at Magic High School" *looks up* Let's see... Light novel, under the same publisher as SAO (shocking...), anime is currently airing. Characters look generic as fuck.

MC's sister also wants to bang him, so it fits right in!

Super unrelated to anything but you guys are the only people on GAF i really like. Check this thing they gave out today:

aUIQKik.jpg

Seriously can't believe they're gonna build a SpaceX station here in my rinky dink town. Being able to see genuine rocket launches from my backyard is gonna be amazing.
That's amazing. I'm so jealous dude.

BatDan

MC's sister also wants to bang him, so it fits right in!

Joyous...
Going by the thread, the MC is also a Gary Stu.
Did Reki Kawahara also write this?

OH, and the anime is licensed by Aniplex! This is going to be on Toonami next year isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom