• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyous...
Going by the thread, the MC is also a Gary Stu.
Did Reki Kawahara also write this?

OH, and the anime is licensed by Aniplex! This is going to be on Toonami next year isn't it?

KNe1CgZ.gif

"Does anyone want to switch seats?"

The hell is "The Irregular at Magic High School" *looks up* Let's see... Light novel, under the same publisher as SAO (shocking...), anime is currently airing. Characters look generic as fuck.

A lot of light novels seem to fall under Otaku Fantasy bait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of crossovers involving SAO....

Damn it, Kirito, kind of bugs me you're the focus of the box art....*checks Vita version*

That's better. Also, Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles is playable, with Alicia being assist. Need to import this & J-Stars Victory Vs. one of these days.

bigkrev

The only positive about Irregular compared to SAO is Irregular seems to be a bit more aware its a pandering gary stu anime

Another positive was that the first episode was SO BAD that I didn't even come back for the second one, where it took a few episodes of SAO to realize it was shit

Raxus

I love how we defeated the final boss just a few months ago and we still talk about it like an incoming train that is about to hit us head on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I love how we defeated the final boss just a few months ago and we still talk about it like an incoming train that is about to hit us head on.

If you're referring to SAO, we're bracing for Season 2.

Raxus

Quick warning. Don't click on the One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 thread if you're a Toonami-only watcher.

You've been warned.

Should go without saying since Pirate Warriors goes off the Japanese run of the anime (and manga) and therefore is 300ish episodes ahead of us.

P.S. Bayonetta 2 looks AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rest of the year is pretty bonkers for vidja games.

Two Smash Bros. Bayonetta 1+2. ORAS. Fantasy Life. Hyrule Warriors. Phoenix Wright Trilogy. Captain Toad. All that and whatever goes on sale.

That's just Nintendo! Tons of crap I just ignore for the sake of my wallet on PS3 and Vita.

I'm waiting for Vita sales on Shinovi Versus, Tactics Ogre, Danganropa 2 to pick those up. PS3 has KH 2.5 and a couple of other games I could talk myself into for the right price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Let's see...Oct. games....SSB 3DS, Bayonetta 2, SK Shinovi Versus.....that's it. One less game than Sept.

As for Nov. & Dec, SSB Wii U, Captain Toad, maybe AA Trilogy, KH 2.5 HD, possibly Guilty Gear Xrd (I wanted to wait until I got a PS4, but the LE is tempting if the TGS trailer music's included on the OST), SK Bon Appetite, and that might be it off the top of my head.

bigkrev

My only confirms for October are Final Fantasy 13, Ryse: Son of Rome (PC version), and Evil Within. Will likely get NBA 2K15, but will wait a month for Black Friday/Steam sale on that.

Does anyone know a website with a good release list? one that doesn't separate out by platforms, just by dates?

Smash 3ds and wiiu
Captain toad
Bayonetta 2
Oras
Fantasy life
Hyrule warriors
Kh 2.5 hd
(Maybe) trails in the sky sc (its probably gonna be spring 2015)

I know there is more but I can't think of it

i'll probably get a Wii U around the end of the year and a PS4 for Bloodborne, so the only thing I'm planning to get is Smash Bros. as well as some old Wii U games. maaaaaaaaaybe Bayonetta and Pokemon.

then I'll get the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PC.

Let's see, my confirmed purchases are:
Bayonetta 2
Smash Wii U
Pokemon OR (I'm probably the most nostalgic for Gen III because it's what brought me back into the series)
CodAW
MCC
Sunset Overdrive
Evil Within
Persona Ultimax (w/ the new Madkatz fightstick)
Persona Q
Alien Isolation
Kingdom Hears 2.5
Hotline Miami 2
Fairy Fencer F (MAYBE)

Not bad for a year that's been pretty bad for games.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My "rest-of-2014" wishlist (may or may not get all of it, very likely not)

Hyrule Warriors
Super Smash Bros 4 3DS
Alien: Isolation
The Evil Within
Fantasy Life
Bayonetta 2
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Far Cry 4
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Pokemon ORAS
Digimon All-Star Rumble (hopefully getting this will convince Bamco to bring us other Digimon games)
Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U
Captain Toad
Hotline Miami 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm definitely going to buy Persona Q

In 2015 when it is 25 bucks every other week.
Oh right, forgot about this. Need to pre-order so I can get the rest of those cards. Hoping there'll be another item or two, because I don't care for the LE.

But yes, knowing Atlus, this will get discounted a lot in 2015, especially digital.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2013 was the year of games on the 3DS. I ended up buying all the Atlus stuff day 1 digitally, only to find each one of them go on sale before I got around to playing or beating them. They've only continued that trend lately.

I know I am destined to love PQ but since I don't give a crap about physical editions unless they are amazing like BD:FF's I'm just going to wait this one out. This one is especially easy to do considering how many other good games come out this fall and that the former Square Enix tax is in effect.

SMT IV had it as well but they had a ton of stuff in the physical edition and the FE:Awakening combined rebate.

Bio-Frost

This year is going to be rough on my wallet.

Bayonetta 2
Persona Ultimax
PersonaQ(two copies, one standard for me and collectors for my fiancee)
Smash Bros 3ds
Smash Bros WiiU
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd
GTA V
Master Chief Collection
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Fantasy Life
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Captain Toad(forgot this was this year)

Rutger

Banned
The Smash 4 demo is going to make Bleach and Naruto fly by this Saturday.

I like Atlus games too much to wait for a sale.
I gotta get P4AU for the most nonsense Arcsys fighting game ever, and I need PQ because I can always have more EO.

There's a lot of other games that are going to make my wallet cry later this year, but the one that matters the most is Guilty Gear Xrd(assuming it actually makes it to NA this year). I can wait on the rest if I must.

Bio-Frost

I gotta get P4AU for the most nonsense Arcsys fighting game ever, and I need PQ because I can always have more EO.

There's a lot of other games that are going to make my wallet cry later this year, but the one that matters the most is Guilty Gear Xrd(assuming it actually makes it to NA this year). I can wait on the rest if I must.

That's what I didn't include Guilty Gear Xrd. I'm just not sure if its NA release will be this year.

LOLDSFAN

Wishing work wifi wasn't so shit. Finally downloading the Smash 3DS demo.

We have great wifi where I work, but I'll still have to wait until I get home to download it. :p

Does anyone know a website with a good release list? one that doesn't separate out by platforms, just by dates?

Yeah I kind of wish he had an official OT here on GAF for a master game release schedule that gets updated every time something new is announced. There could be like a Google Calendar that could be set up. That way people could sync the calendar to their phones or whatever and have them always updated.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, this is what I use to remind myself of upcoming games, or GameStop so I can see if there's any pre-order bonuses, since those tend to be first priority.

Probably will pre-order SSB next week &/or get some eShop credit for the Hyrule Warriors DLC after I wait & see if I get any more cash/gift cards on Sunday (friend got me a $20 GS one as a early b-day gift).

Rutger

Banned
That's what I didn't include Guilty Gear Xrd. I'm just not sure if its NA release will be this year.

Aksys is still saying it will be out this holiday season last I heard, but it's hard to trust that when we don't have a release date. Especially after what happened with +R, even if that was all on Arcsys.

I gotta feeling that Xrd is gonna be a January release.

daveo42

Banned
I think I'm going to pass on Smash on the 3DS. Maybe it'll get better but the 3DS controls don't feel right and my hands are too big to play more than a few matches before needing a break.

It makes sense to put Smash on there since the install base is there, but I'm not sold on playing on the 3DS. I'll hold out for the Wii U version instead.

Today has been terrible

Hopefully your Friday evening and weekend is significantly better.

Soulflarz

Banned
^hopefully my teacher gets fired (...was being very...unprofessional- shouting/ranting in a classroom to the point of the administration stepping into the room...and its happened before where hes brought kids to tears then shouted at them for crying) and my homework gets magically done then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom