• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 20 - Erwin Smith: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 4
12:00 - Bleach - 361 - A New Appearance! The 13 Court Guard Squads Arrive!
12:30 - Space Dandy - 26 - Never-ending Dandy, Baby - END
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 38 - Simulation
1:30 - One Piece - 272 - Almost to Luffy! Gather at the Courthouse Plaza!
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 6 - Sit in the Hot Tub 'Till You're Sick!!
2:30 - Beware the Batman - 20 - Doppelganger
3:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 3 - Hellsing III
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 31 - The 520 Cens Promise
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 9 - Jamming with Edward
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 57 - Monster
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 34 - Jack and the Swamp Monster

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSdo4Rk9LPdoKs

zlCfzSdqKdse43Tal9
zlCfzSdqxeQZjDOfNF

zlCfzSdrrOcpT2nw9v
zlCfzSdrckU63aH2ge

zlCfzSdsNyk-VZvS0t
zlCfzSdsgOEEE641VX

zlCfzSds4LcR4Jr4Gy
zlCfzSdtZ1EBeW-Va3

zlCfzSdtlZQLt9Wis8
zlCfzSdtvnQvUEZIUX

zlCfzSdt6jwuDyBojj

Early?
LATER.

Seda

Star Wars doesn't deserve a highlight?

(Also, do I bother watching the rest.)

EDIT: TGS themed sketches are pretty good.

zz

BBboy20

I'm slowly going through buying all my favorite anime on Blu Ray. With Cowboy Bebop coming to Blu Ray I'm one step closer to replacing my collection. I just want a Blu Ray version of the Evangelion Platinum Collection.
huh...I dunno...the packaging on that collection is still neat to me (let alone my first anime purchase).

Not just the port begging.
The console warriors too. The ones that un-ironically use "Xbots" or "Sony Ponies" or "Nintendrones" or spell MS or Sony with $ signs.
I got banned for using the $ sign by Seda.

One of 3 movies in my life I have ever walked out of, and the only one that was due to the quality (as in, lack of) of the movie.
I tried laughing. Everyone else in the theater was but me.

P.S. Bayonetta 2 looks AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNG!
In Platinum, We Trust.

Will get a Wii U hopefully before the game launches.
Do so for the sake of Plat, Bayonetta, and gaming in general.

Rest of the year is pretty bonkers for vidja games.

Two Smash Bros. Bayonetta 1+2. ORAS. Fantasy Life. Hyrule Warriors. Phoenix Wright Trilogy. Captain Toad. All that and whatever goes on sale.

That's just Nintendo! Tons of crap I just ignore for the sake of my wallet on PS3 and Vita.

I'm waiting for Vita sales on Shinovi Versus, Tactics Ogre, Danganropa 2 to pick those up. PS3 has KH 2.5 and a couple of other games I could talk myself into for the right price.
Let's see...Oct. games....SSB 3DS, Bayonetta 2, SK Shinovi Versus.....that's it. One less game than Sept.

As for Nov. & Dec, SSB Wii U, Captain Toad, maybe AA Trilogy, KH 2.5 HD, possibly Guilty Gear Xrd (I wanted to wait until I got a PS4, but the LE is tempting if the TGS trailer music's included on the OST), SK Bon Appetite, and that might be it off the top of my head.
i'll probably get a Wii U around the end of the year and a PS4 for Bloodborne, so the only thing I'm planning to get is Smash Bros. as well as some old Wii U games. maaaaaaaaaybe Bayonetta and Pokemon.

then I'll get the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PC.
No maybe for Bayonetta.
Let's see, my confirmed purchases are:
Bayonetta 2
Smash Wii U

Pokemon OR (I'm probably the most nostalgic for Gen III because it's what brought me back into the series)
CodAW
MCC
Sunset Overdrive
Evil Within
Persona Ultimax
(w/ the new Madkatz fightstick)
Persona Q
Alien Isolation
Kingdom Hears 2.5
Hotline Miami 2

Fairy Fencer F (MAYBE)

Not bad for a year that's been pretty bad for games.
For PS4 and Bone anyways.
My "rest-of-2014" wishlist (may or may not get all of it, very likely not)

Hyrule Warriors
Super Smash Bros 4 3DS
Alien: Isolation
The Evil Within
Fantasy Life
Bayonetta 2
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Far Cry 4
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Pokemon ORAS
Digimon All-Star Rumble (hopefully getting this will convince Bamco to bring us other Digimon games)
Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U
Captain Toad
Hotline Miami 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
This year is going to be rough on my wallet.

Bayonetta 2
Persona Ultimax
PersonaQ
(two copies, one standard for me and collectors for my fiancee)
Smash Bros 3ds
Smash Bros WiiU

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd
GTA V
Master Chief Collection
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Fantasy Life
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Captain Toad(forgot this was this year)
I use Excell to keep track.

Probably should throw in Legend of Korra, LittleBigPlanet 3, and maybe...just, maybe the 3DS version of Sonic Boom (devs of Sly 4) into the pile.

Anime figurines is a dark place that I do not want to go down

You're never satisfied with just 1...
Well, I have a Luigi Ninendroid that I haven't opened yet.

Tom, do you want to have sex with the female Titan or something

Also, why are the graphics for shadow of Mordor look so bad
Monolith haven't been graphics kings since maybe Condemned 1.

Anyone else think that last shot looked a little like Bayonetta?
Bloody Fate on Toonami, plz.

Also: I'm deeply amazed Hellsing hasn't been exploited in video game form yet.

I find it funny that BBP didn't end up being the focus for once.

Destiny time. Enjoy being bored to tears ToonamiGAF.
Which plenty are already feeling from the 60 dollars they paid.

Dear Hollyhood,

THESE are the vampires that're awesome & should be seen on the big screen.
Man, to think about it, Blade really has been the closest thing to this and it's not even close to THIS level. Man, this franchise really is still ahead of it's time in regards of what a vampire extravaganza can be.

Remember he is in Bayonetta 2!
"Remember to buy Bayonetta 2 in October and you get bayonetta 1 for free!"
Keep the support up!

Okay, next week is gonna be hype. This show is amazing.
Going by the first 20 minutes of this OVA, all I've seen is hype.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Might sleep again later today... didn't feel like I got enough.
Hilarious TGS themed drawings SAB CA

Attack on Titan:
An expository episode showing that Eren can't always turn into a Titan whenever he wants. However, it shows the other members of Levi's crew are idiots as Eren only summons an arm and they cry for blood. Calm your asses, this is why you're losing.

Bleach:
And this is where the arc goes to shit. Ginjo was evil all along! I believe there was going to be more to this arc, but Kubo saw his Jump rankings and sales plummet so he rushed through it and quickly started the final arc (which is already two years long... with no end in sight)

Space Dandy:
"Boring" my ass... I guess I'm just a sucker for courtroom stories. Though it was mostly a setup for the finale, which looks so fucking good.

Naruto Shippuden:
NOTHING HAPPENED AGAIN!

One Piece:
I believe this is ToonamiGAF's first exposure to Naoki Tate *double checks* Actually no, we've seen plenty of his episodes. Though I think this is the first where his artstyle really started to show wear and tear.
It's going to be a while before we see Kaku and Kalifa's new powers.

Gurren Lagann:
A set-up episode to introduce new characters. Fairly standard. A shame that next week is a recap...

Beware the Batman:
Holy shit an actual Batman villain! ... And a rare moment where Batman is semi-competent at fighting. Plans though... "I'll turn myself in to go to jail so I can make sure The Key doesn't escape... or something."
7 episodes left.

Hellsing Ultimate
I think this episode proved that violence is never an issue with Adult Swim. How long until Genocyber? Kidding kidding, no shitty 90s OVAs please...
We also get a look at Alucard's true power, and why people prefer the Hellsing dubs (Crispin Freeman man)

Rutger

Banned
Good work SAB CA

Attack on Titan:
So the show returns to focusing on Eren and we get a terrible episode. We really needed a better main character, and side characters, and pacing...

Bleach:
Honestly, I can almost forgive Bleach's downward spiral just because it gave us that Ginjo face.

Space Dandy:
Not the best episode, but far from the worst.

Naruto:
The Smash 4 demo is pretty fun, a big improvement over Brawl, even if some little things bother me like how long it takes to take a stock right now. I can't wait for the full game so I can play the characters I'm more interested in.

One Piece:
Yay, new devil fruits! I also love how Oda can make old arcs play a role again years later. Oh, and the Door Door fruit continues to be a far better power than one might first think.

Gurren Lagann:
An average episode, not really anything special on its own. Like a lot of early episodes, it introduces a few new characters.

Hellsing Ultimate:
Aside from some awkward comedy in the beginning, it was a fun action episode. I've always wondered why Walter was the only competent human fighter in the Hellsing organization though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees e-mail from Funimation*

"Happy Birthday, zonic505! Anime loves you!"

I didn't know anime-senpai felt that way about me!

it'smybirthdaydeathcountingcomic.jpeg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i'm not going to lie

Despite all the awesome action, there is one part of last night's Hellsing where I looked away like a little bitch

It was that eyeball shit

For some reason there's just something about eyeball related violence that I just go

il31Cd6UjIbuH.gif

every single time

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i'm not going to lie

Despite all the awesome action, there is one part of last night's Hellsing where I looked away like a little bitch

It was that eyeball shit

For some reason there's just something about eyeball related violence that I just go

il31Cd6UjIbuH.gif

every single time

Gus? Is that you?

Soulflarz

Banned
You saw Hellsing Ultimate that was it, well it and One Piece but you're working on that one :p
Ive been terrible the past two weeks, cause i played destiny nonstop, then yesterday i was braindead and only ended up catching up on p4ga/toonami
Only in the low 70s i think, and were at a month and a half?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Noooo does that mean we aren't getting the real episode 6?

Seems sexual content is still an issue.
You can show Jan pushing his thumb into the eye of a disembodied head, but GOD FORBID you show something remotely titillating!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
See, the weird thing is that the clip show version still has plenty of T&A. There's nothing in the DVD version that would prevent it from airing.

Seems sexual content is still an issue.
You can show Jan pushing his thumb into the eye of a disembodied head, but GOD FORBID you show something remotely titillating!

actually i think DeMarco said it was a rights issue rather than a question of the content not being able to air on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom