• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So...Whats this ep 6 stuff?

3X0cn35.png
6JhQAkK.png

There's two versions of episode 6 of TTGL. The Over the Air TV version and the Too Hot for TV DVD version. We're getting the TV version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So...Whats this ep 6 stuff?
Without giving too much away, there's a TV version that's more focused on being a recap of the previous episodes, while the DVD/BD version has different/new footage & isn't as much of a clip show.

From my understanding, the manga follows the DVD/BD version when it covers this episode. I'll go into more detail about the differences once you guys see the episode.

Soulflarz

Banned
Without giving too much away, there's a TV version that's more focused on being a recap of the previous episodes, while the DVD/BD version has different/new footage & isn't as much of a clip show.

From my understanding, the manga follows the DVD/BD version when it covers this episode.
Oh okay, i thought this mightve been hellsing stuff a few weeks early
Whats the version on crunchyroll?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh okay, i thought this mightve been hellsing stuff a few weeks early
Whats the version on crunchyroll?
Looking at it now, it appears to be the TV version.

Basically, think of the DVD/BD version as the "director's cut" or whatever. Again, I'll bring up what's different next week when everyone's seen the episode.

ckohler

Looking at it now, it appears to be the TV version.

It is. Each version has a different title. The TV version is titled: "Sit in the Hot Tub 'Til You're Sick!" while the director's, uncut version is: "There are Some Things I Just Have to See!!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It is. Each version has a different title. The TV version is titled: "Sit in the Hot Tub 'Til You're Sick!" while the director's, uncut version is: "There are Some Things I Just Have to See!!"
Yup, this is main way to tell which version you're watching. Was gonna be the first thing I brought up next week when talking about the differences.

& OT title fits perfectly for the week.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like my suggestions for thread titles will never reach the level of "Ride on SAOting Star"

I gotta come up with a good one for Bleach ending.

ckohler

The thread title is perfect. Sad... but perfect.

I still dont get why yokos flame bra matches kaminas dads jacket

I saw this posted last night but I didn't have time to comment on it. Kamina's Dad's cape did not have a logo on it. It was just a red cape. The Team Gurren logo (the flaming skull with Kamina's shades) was made by Kamina after they reached Littner Village. Don't forget that Kamina himself has a huge flame tattoo on his back. The final logo first appeared on a Littner Village jacket given to Simon. Yoko's top also has flames but this is probably just a coincidence. That the Team Gurren logo has red flames however, could have been influenced by Yoko's top; something that Kamina has no doubt stared at a lot! :)

In episode three, we see Kamina take his Dad's torn and weathered cape from his grave before leaving Littner. The next scene is of them being handed supplies by Dayakka. However, this is several hours later because now the cape has the logo emblazoned on it and is repaired. So, the original cape did not have the logo. Kamina must have put the logo on it when he repaired the cape.

One more thing, I decided to perfect the Ginjo Grin:

mxpxUZK.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
Thank you. I asked that a few weeks back and it was just pushed back. Seriously, ive been wondering a ton lol

Er...was wondering, i dont exactly think about her a lot when im not watching the show >.>

Gorillaz

Yea this last group of episodes of AoT tension wise are the best parts of the series (so far) and are pretty enjoyable and the melodramaticness of it all works well imo
52kIF.png

Passed out after that Naruto episode which I had no idea what was about. Still need to watch the first episodes of hellsing

Takashi

Last night's Dandy was ok- far from amazing, but I understand they needed to save some of that budget for the finale. Though I wish they would have gone a different route with a low budget episode. A random series of events regarding a kid throwing a baseball just doesn't feel worthy enough to be the penultimate episode of the series, much less the first one with direct continuity. But maybe the juxtaposition of episodes is the writers' way of saying "thatsthejoke". Not gonna nitpick too much though.

So if the next Gurren Lagann episode is going to be a TV version, does that mean I can go ahead and watch the real version right now?

In advance title bid- Sword Art Online II: Gloptastic Boogaloo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Ace Attorney & especially Danganronpa made it so I have higher expectations of trials.

Though the whole part about the baseball teleporting & the animation with those kids was still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom