• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Brotherhood is great but it has re-aired enough. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it for something new.

Also I'm not looking forward to DBZ abridged quotes.

tumblr_ncac81FkEJ1r6b1hco1_1280.jpg

"Look into my eyes. Blaaah! Blaaaah!"

This almost slayed me.

Moaradin

So I finally watched the first episode of Hellsing.

Allucard is great but maaaaaan police girl's VA is throwing me off. It's horrible. Bits and pieces sound mumbled and there's like no meaning to anything she says.

Looks like I'm not the only one lol. http://myanimelist.net/people/301/Katharine_Gray

I didn't really have a problem with her voice, but I thought the show in general had low quality audio for some reason and it was hard to understand her sometimes.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's kind of a shame it's creditless since the credits add to the opening a lot.
They do?

Oh, how like when they zoom in on the 3DMG, theyre really doing that for the cool effect on the credits?

Yeah, the opening was designed with the credits in mind, if that makes any sense?

Soulflarz

Banned
Now i want Yu Yu Hakusho back on toonami for more abridged jokes (btw that show abridged is a goldmine). Done by lanipator, whos part of TFS.

HOLY CRAP GUYS TRAILS IN THE SKY FC WAS SO GOD DAMN GOOD THAT ENDING OH MY GOD I NEED THE SEQUEL NAO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you guys like/love JRPGs and haven't played Trails in the Sky stop what you're doing and go play it, the game is THAT good

Gorillaz

It's kind of a shame it's creditless since the credits add to the opening a lot.

They do?

Oh, how like when they zoom in on the 3DMG, theyre really doing that for the cool effect on the credits?

Yeah, the opening was designed with the credits in mind, if that makes any sense?
It actually threw me off at first when you see the 3DMG gear close up in the opening with no credits. I thought it was slick in the original.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's going to be interesting to see the ratings for the marathon. Heck, wonder how it'll compare to the AoT marathon ratings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So bit of a somewhat silly seeming question. Do the ratings count total people watching, or just that many TVs that're tuned into the channel?

Soulflarz

Banned
So bit of a somewhat silly seeming question. Do the ratings count total people watching, or just that many TVs that're tuned into the channel?

Guessing....tuned in? How would they know how many people are watching?
Well, besides through your kinect...

My question is how long. If i watch 5m, do I count? 20m?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I figured it's by tuned to the channel, but I question if the actual ratings actually differ since it might be more than 1 person watching it on the same TV. Like, think of all the people that watch the Super Bowl together as a group at a bar or someone's house. How do they figure that out?

Guessing....tuned in? How would they know how many people are watching?
Well, besides through your kinect...

My question is how long. If i watch 5m, do I count? 20m?
You don't count unless you have a Neilson box.
Yeah, I figured it's by tuned to the channel, but I question if the actual ratings actually differ since it might be more than 1 person watching it on the same TV. Like, think of all the people that watch the Super Bowl together as a group at a bar or someone's house. How do they figure that out?
If you are one of those ratings families, you have to record in the journal that multiple people are watching.

daveo42

Banned
FYI, they only care about and report views within 24hrs of broadcast as that is what networks are concerned with as advertisers had to make a concession on DVR views but still think any views after that period aren't worth counting.

You don't count unless you have a Neilson box.

If you are one of those ratings families, you have to record in the journal that multiple people are watching.

The boxes do most of that automatically now if you have one. Not sure if they have paper journals to update as well as a back up, but the boxes make it insanely easy to input and retrieve data.

LOLDSFAN

Neilson stuff just seems really outdated. Like think of all the people who watch Toonami online. None of those people get counted. Then what if the people who are more likely to accept a Neilson box are more likely to go to bed at a decent time on Saturday? I feel like every cable box should have some type of ratings tracker hardware inside of it.

Neilson stuff just seems really outdated. Like think of all the people who watch Toonami online. None of those people get counted. Then what if the people who are more likely to accept a Neilson box are more likely to go to bed at a decent time on Saturday? I feel like every cable box should have some type of ratings tracker hardware inside of it.
Actually I've heard that Neilson is pretty statistically accurate. Someone may have to back me up on that, but for the most part what you see on the ratings posts are what people are watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom