• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
We needed a new page after that whole...thing

What thing? What ever happened back there is in the past now and doesn't matter anymore.

I haven't slept in two days.

Might want to look into this thing called sleep. I heard it's dreamy.

Waifu wars or HxH talk, I'm unsure.

Waifu wars only happen when actual waifus are present. I don't think there were any on that last page that doesn't exist anymore.

HxH seems like a better use of time and energy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HxH seems like a better use of time and energy.

What is this HxH you're talking about?

Oh, I get it!

Hyuga X Haruno!

Hinata.jpg

TgqN0VZl.jpg

daveo42

Banned
It appears that filler content has corrupted Man God's mind to the point where there is no hope in any kind of recovery. We've completely lost him to the non-canon.

daveo42

Banned
You see how much Batman we are covering this weekend?

This whole week might as well be non-canon.

Shame too because this week's One Piece and Space Dandy are going to be AMAZING!

Nothing after 230am will be canon. I'm okay with that as I will end up losing the will to live around 3am when another episode of BtB airs.

I still can't BOlieve I was getting the blame for last night.

It's easy to blame non-canon characters for when things head south.

Moaradin

Its not the ending. 2016 we will start the DC arc. Togashi will get off his ass and make 90+ chapters. Believe!!!

Even though it technically isn't the end of the series, I thought it was a great sendoff to it. The speech at the end captured the essence of the series perfectly. I don't have much hope of seeing any more new HxH animated for another 4-5 years at the earliest, but I'll still look forward to the day it's on Toonami!

Seda

My games for the rest of the year, probably.

Finishing up Elminage Gothic (I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit)
Just started up Natural Doctrine (so far kinda bland but has potential, early reviews are mixed though)
Persona Q
Tales of Hearts R
Trails in the Sky SC (still need to replay FC on PC)

Maybe Oreshika Bloodlines.

I also have Radiant Historia and Earthbound (Wii U) on the backlog.

buncha niche games this year. Also I don't typically stick with fully Japanese titles but I guess I am for a bit.

daveo42

Banned
I'm going to be drowning in games over the next three months and I'll probably play Destiny for a good portion of it.

Pier Solar comes out next week too. Totally wish it had made it to Vita. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really hope I like Persona Q. I tried the demo for Etrian Odyssey...IV, I think (Millennium Girl, if I remember correctly) & while I didn't dislike it (being able to fill the map as I walk instead of having to stop & draw it was a major plus), I just felt it might've been too much of a time sink.

Seda

I really hope I like Persona Q. I tried the demo for Etrian Odyssey...IV, I think (Millennium Girl, if I remember correctly) & while I didn't dislike it (being able to fill the map as I walk instead of having to stop & draw it was a major plus), I just felt it might've been too much of a time sink.

I haven't played an Etrian Odyssey game but I did enjoy SMT: Strange Journey quite a bit, which borrowed the dungeon/mapping/exploration systems from EO anyway. So, looking forward to it.

bigkrev

I'm skipping Persona Q- I actively dislike the EO games, plus the 10 dollar premium- which made sense for SMT4 seeing that they included a 150+ page color guide, a soundtrack, and a "quick" localization (game came out 6 weeks after japan?), where as this is a 10 dollar premium with no bonuses and a near 6 month turnaround time- make me not want to support this.

Rutger

Banned

IV and Millennium Girl are different games. Either will give you a good idea of the series though.

If PQ is anything like EO, then it will probably be a bit of a time sink.

I'm a big fan of EO and Persona, so I know I'll love the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, it's coming out just a few weeks before the college semester ends, so I'll have a lot more free time agains. Might also help Q seems to have more of a plot, where as most of the EO games don't seem to have one from what I understand (save for EO Untold? Maybe that was the one I tried the demo for).

I'm skipping Persona Q- I actively dislike the EO games, plus the 10 dollar premium- which made sense for SMT4 seeing that they included a 150+ page color guide, a soundtrack, and a "quick" localization (game came out 6 weeks after japan?), where as this is a 10 dollar premium with no bonuses and a near 6 month turnaround time- make me not want to support this.
Yeah, not a fan of the fact you only get the set of cards (meanwhile, P4AU gives you the other cards, two free DLC characters the first week (well, anyone can get them, but still), & that inflatable Teddy Bop Bag) for $10 more (though I still want them to have a complete set). Got no interest in the LE especially when the disc that comes with it seems to only be FOUR tracks. Meanwhile, the one coming with Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (which is ALSO $50) gets ya a 39-track OST, plus a book as well, which feels like a better deal.

Though obviously, the worth will differ depending on which games you prefer, to each their own, etc. At the very least, Nov. & Dec. won't be as busy for me.

daveo42

Banned
Persona Q is canon, so of course I'm going to buy it. Never played an EO game before, but I definitely know I'm not a huge fan of dungeon crawlers. Tartarus from 3 and pretty much the entirely of The Answer told me that.

Rutger

Banned
At the very least, it's coming out just a few weeks before the college semester ends, so I'll have a lot more free time agains. Might also help Q seems to have more of a plot, where as most of the EO games don't seem to have one from what I understand (save for EO Untold? Maybe that was the one I tried the demo for).
Yeah, EO is all about the gameplay. EOU has a story mode, but I didn't bother with it, from what I've heard it's not anything special anyways.

Dungeon crawling with a minimalistic story certainly isn't for everyone. It's great that the series has some demos now though, since a lot of people would be turned away just by that description.
Persona Q is canon, so of course I'm going to buy it. Never played an EO game before, but I definitely know I'm not a huge fan of dungeon crawlers. Tartarus from 3 and pretty much the entirely of The Answer told me that.

It's a little unfair to compare EO's dungeons on P3's bland randomly generated hallways, but if you felt like you needed more than the fights then you could be right that dungeon crawlers aren't for you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't dismiss games with good dungeons just because you've played a game with some of the worst!

daveo42

Banned
Don't dismiss games with good dungeons just because you've played a game with some of the worst!

I can agree that P3 was really bad in the dungeon department, but...

It's a little unfair to compare EO's dungeons on P3's bland randomly generated hallways, but if you felt like you needed more than the fights then you could be right that dungeon crawlers aren't for you.

I do crave a bit more other than just fighting in my RPGs, even if combat is spectacular. Story based games seem to drive me a bit more, though a few games more focused on exploration (like the Elder Scrolls games) have done a good job in holding my interest in spite of the story. I still have the EO IV demo I need to try just to get a taste of what PQ will be. I'll try to hold judgment until then.

Regiruler

Looking at the finalized schedule post-batman, I realized I only have One Piece for both snacks (to clean up the tea brewer requires me to go down to the lounge where the dish soap is kept) and taking a shower.

EDIT: Actually there's Bleach, so I'll just make my tea earlier.

Soulflarz

Banned
I haven't played an Etrian Odyssey game but I did enjoy SMT: Strange Journey quite a bit, which borrowed the dungeon/mapping/exploration systems from EO anyway. So, looking forward to it.

Im in the same boat. I own Untold but i havent gotten around to it, and I fear how long that will be until I actually do...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
pls no hints or "spoiler free reviews" or impressions of Dandy's finale here before it airs :/

Moaradin

Toonami has aired Space Dandy a day earlier for every episode besides the two final ones for each season. For some reason Japan aired those earlier than the normal time slot.

Levyne

Banned
Aint a contest which airs first. Just being able to watch within a week ( a month, a year) of the Japanese airing is pretty....

Dandy

daveo42

Banned
I'm okay with Dandy airing first in Japan. It's way more amazing that we get the dub either before or just after it airs in Japan to begin with. I might watch it before it airs here, though I should still be here Saturday night for the dub premiere.

Aint a contest which airs first. Just being able to watch within a week ( a month, a year) of the Japanese airing is pretty....

Dandy

Boo.
I laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom