• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Aint a contest which airs first. Just being able to watch within a week ( a month, a year) of the Japanese airing is pretty....

Dandy
200x200px-ZC-d2728a62_Norbit.gif

Jarate

Banned
I don't know how anyone is going to be able to go through the Beware the Batman marathon

like honestly, seda, you should give a purple heart to every soul that has to suffer through that. Like Im glad it's going to be done, but jeez, that's like "Alright, after tonight we'll stop shitting on you, but I just ate 40 dollars worth of Taco Bell."

Why not just get rid of it. Are there actually people who enjoy the show?

Crocodile

pls no hints or "spoiler free reviews" or impressions of Dandy's finale here before it airs :/

Seriously this!

Nobody even bring in "it was great/awful" type impressions into this thread.

DON'T DO IT!

I don't know how anyone is going to be able to go through the Beware the Batman marathon

like honestly, seda, you should give a purple heart to every soul that has to suffer through that. Like Im glad it's going to be done, but jeez, that's like "Alright, after tonight we'll stop shitting on you, but I just ate 40 dollars worth of Taco Bell."

Why not just get rid of it. Are there actually people who enjoy the show?

The ratings suggest SOME people like it but I assume they are either half my age or have no taste or are such Batman fanboys they are content watching crap than rewatching many of the quality Batman shows over the years.

Jarate

Banned
Seriously this!

Nobody even bring in "it was great/awful" type impressions into this thread.

DON'T DO IT!

The ratings suggest SOME people like it but I assume they are either half my age or have no taste or are such Batman fanboys they are content watching crap than rewatching many of the quality Batman shows over the years.

Has anyone ever met one out there

like there has to be some type of fandom out there. Ive met some big ass Batman fanboys and they hate this shit more then we do.

Also, im going to school with basically the worst human being possible. He is essentially the most stereotypical MRA person I have ever met on earth sans the fedora.

What do?

Jarate

Banned
Seda you should make me a mod if I watch the marathon

fresh out of work+drunk+beware the gawdman marathon=mod worthy

ask him what he thinks about that Emma Watson UN speech

Im refusing to talk any politics with him

here's so choice quotes from him

"Spongebob was good before they tried to push homosexuality on kids"

"faggot elves" said about 500 times loudly in public

"Scott Walker literally came into office and saved the state" (he didn't)

The first one I yelled at him for, you can't shit on Spongebob in my prescence with bullshit like that, the others, im just letting him be because I just moved to this college and i don't wanna be the guy that constantly argues with douchebags.

Plus he basically talks as if he was on /v/ all the time. I love /v/ sometimes due to them just trying to be inflammatory as possible, but man those are mostly just trolls being silly, not actual political talk, this shit is just like SSJ3 MRA. Like this dude has ascended to a power level beyond the MRA

Jarate

Banned
WqedUdA.png
@ that spongebob and comment. He sounds like a bad family guy joke

I wonder how he would like Black Lagoon and all it's females

Like, you don't understand, he's literally a living breathing stereotype. He's obese, greasy, acne ridden, ugly as shit, and he has that "nerd lisp." All he needs is a fedora to complete the triforce of asshole.

I had to play Pathfinder with him and he made a really shitty character too. I hope the DM kills him early :3

Soulflarz

Banned
There, finished Xillia 2.
Overall it was fun, but the flaws were too notable for me to say I enjoyed it as much Xillia 1, which I enjoyed a surprising amount considering the series. The debt system should not have existed even at the drawing board, and I personally found the silent protagonist factor to be slightly odd. The plot was...okay? The game reminded me of Symphonia DOTNW in the sense it was two new characters and basically the original cast. Overall, I would not recommend it for $60, but it is definitely worth a pickup when it hits $20 on PSN. (7.5/10)

That's the closest thing to a review you guys will get from me for now :p

Tenumi

Banned
Plus he basically talks as if he was on /v/ all the time. I love /v/ sometimes due to them just trying to be inflammatory as possible, but man those are mostly just trolls being silly, not actual political talk, this shit is just like SSJ3 MRA. Like this dude has ascended to a power level beyond the MRA

You have given me an excellent idea for a gif.

Good thing I can't draw nor make gifs.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait this is the dumbest idea ever
Xillia 2 has a false silent protag (as in he doesnt say the things you choose) but NG+ he says them.
This has no plot significance. Why did they do this. Why is the main characters "voice" a locked feature. I can't comprehend how this was considered a good idea by anyone.

Jarate

Banned
Wait this is the dumbest idea ever
Xillia 2 has a false silent protag (as in he doesnt say the things you choose) but NG+ he says them.
This has no plot significance. Why did they do this. Why is the main characters "voice" a locked feature. I can't comprehend how this was considered a good idea by anyone.

It's your fault for playing a crappy series like the Tales of Series

I actually hate that series

Soulflarz

Banned
It's your fault for playing a crappy series like the Tales of Series

I actually hate that series

I like the series in general, I just cannot comprehend how this was justifiable by "oh hey hes a silent protag so he wont talk even if he can and does at random times as the story demands it"

Ludger as a silent protagonist has worked better then I was expecting, but it was still a mistake and shouldn't have happened. The other thing about Xillia 2 that irks me is the party members being locked where you can't freely switch out characters during battle :/ xillia's combat was designed around this, finding out a boss is a heavy magic user but I can't switch in rowen meaning I have to reset and redo the mission so I can bring him was just dumb dumb dumb. Also they didn't even try to make Ludger balanced lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It annoyed me that in Vesperia, you have to make an item to switch characters during battle & I passed the point of getting something in order to make it but I wanna get the achievement for having raven or whoever poison this water where the boss goes & I haven't touched it since cuz I wanna complete most, if not everything, the game has to offer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Played & beat Symphonia when I found it for about $15 in high school, played a bit of Vesperia, got the HD version of Symphonia for $10 on PSN, got Xillia for $20 (first print version) from Black Friday, & then Graces f when that was about $10 on PSN.

Clearly, I should actually PLAY the RPGs instead of buying more of them......& that's not counting I still gotta finish Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, & I haven't even started on Final Fantasy X/X2 HD.....

Also, I hate it when professors don't tell you what to study (what chapters to read, a study guide, SOMETHING) for an upcoming exam, & it doesn't help I barely have any notes, save for a few example java programs.

It annoyed me that in Vesperia, you have to make an item to switch characters during battle & I passed the point of getting something in order to make it but I wanna get the achievement for having raven or whoever poison this water where the boss goes & I haven't touched it since cuz I wanna complete most, if not everything, the game has to offer.

I don't mean switching who you're playing as, I mean switching out one of your 4 main fighters for one of your reserves. Xillia 2 has 9 playable characters each with unique moves suited better for different enemies, only being able to pick 3 (you always have to take Ludger) was dumb dumb dumb

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just so glad I don't have to write any more papers for college. English was always my worst subject, especially when you had to do opinion based reports and there was nothing you cared for/had no real opinion on. I can't remember the exact amount, but it probably was around 15-ish pages that I had to do a paper on piracy, & you had to have academic references & even go out and interview someone for their opinion on the matter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, that's right, forgot about that term being used in Eva. Was actually early on, around episode.....6-ish?

Edit: Episode 4. Not bad, was kind of close.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just heard State Farm dropped Rob Schneider from their commercials after he made anti-vaccine statements.
Good! No more of that awful commercial during Toonami.

Gorillaz

I'm just so glad I don't have to write any more papers for college. English was always my worst subject, especially when you had to do opinion based reports and there was nothing you cared for/had no real opinion on. I can't remember the exact amount, but it probably was around 15-ish pages that I had to do a paper on piracy, & you had to have academic references & even go out and interview someone for their opinion on the matter.

probably the greatest reliever for me, no more 10 pages due on friday no more shit due online by midnight

I feel like dancing yall

So, I just finished Attack on Titan

Holy shit am I pissed I have to wait till August to see more of this. One of the best shows I've ever watched.

It's been Toonamigaf's favorite show. They love how overdramatic it is..in fact seda mentions that it isnt melodramatic enough

My magnum opus is my 12 page paper on the nature of humanity in Frankenstein. I based it all on the Enlightenment era's definition of humanity and had citations from Rosseau, Locke, Kant, Montesquieu, with Descartes Cogito argument forming the crux of the paper. I included scientific articles on studies done on self awareness and even included a citation from Planescape Torment just because I could. It ended up being the first college paper I ever gotten a perfect score on. I think I talked to you guys about it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ludger as a silent protagonist has worked better then I was expecting, but it was still a mistake and shouldn't have happened. The other thing about Xillia 2 that irks me is the party members being locked where you can't freely switch out characters during battle :/ xillia's combat was designed around this, finding out a boss is a heavy magic user but I can't switch in rowen meaning I have to reset and redo the mission so I can bring him was just dumb dumb dumb. Also they didn't even try to make Ludger balanced lol
Yeah I always (if it allowed it) used jude+milla+alvin and pretty much stomped the entire game

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually expect the BtB marathon to be far more entertaining than the AoT one was, just because BtB is awful in interesting ways while the end of the AOT marathon includes the absolute drizzling shits of the series.

Mik317

So I am almost caught up in Titan (will probably pass you guys ...mainly because I can't get home in time to catch it lol) and so far the Female Titan arc is gldk..but again shows what I think the main issue with the show is.

Everyone else is more interesting, likable, badass than Eren...and yet he's the main character. Like I don't even hate Eren like I thought I would, mainly because dude is a sociopath and that's kinda cool but he is just straight outclassed in damn near every since (I mean I'm not a Pappenbrook hater but he is one of the weakest parts of the dub lol).

But anyway, this arc shows the potential this show has...hope it keeps it up (will be picking up the Manga afterward).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom