• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What is that thread title? Horrible. Simply horrible. Ban Seda 2014.

HN5NT6e.jpg

What is that thread title? Horrible. Simply horrible. Ban Seda 2014.

(threatening deep voice) "Can you trust a mod who so flagrantly posts sub par Community titles each and every mouth? Vote Schadenfreude for Mod 2015!"

ᴾᵃᶦᵈ ᶠᵒʳ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᶦᵗᵗᵉᵉ ᵗᵒ ᴱᶫᵉᶜᵗ ˢᶜʰᵃᵈᵉᶰᶠʳᵉᵘᵈᵉ

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Real life is a bitch, and so is MH3U.

Instead of beating FF V six times this fiesta like I planned...I'm barely going to finish my two initial runs tonight.

I couldn't get away from posting inane stuff on these boards or playing MH3U during my limited free time this summer. Also didn't make any progress on my Wii U backlog.

Yeah I get burned out on the fiesta lol too many other games and anime to play/watch. World 2 really is a draaaaaaaaaaag no new classes and no interesting dungeons

Gorillaz

I just finally watched last weeks episode of dandy

Wow...so the whole separate dimension thing and them dying in them is actually canon? Probably the most interesting episode of the series will be pretty hard to top

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heh I finished my final run at 11:59 eastern.

World 2 is both my favorite and least favorite. Some parties it is an absolute joy to find a way to beat Exdeath Castle. Some parties just steam right through.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shouldn't the thread title honestly be about the ratings winner the block is losing instead of some filler show that the TOONAMI faithful didn't really care for?

TgqN0VZl.jpg

I actually liked Black Lagoon a fair deal more than I thought I would. I think the second season is a lot better than the first though.

daveo42

Banned
But HEY
We got persona 5!

That was quite the highlight. Glad we get a PS4 version, but it'll be coming even later now.

I squealed when I saw the SE logo. Finally, I thought. KHIII. FFXV. MAYBE BOTH!

Oh how a rock sinks...

You should already know not to get excited over anything related to SE anymore. FFXV is starting to hit all of those FFXIII Versus strides of going into hiding for years between announcements.

BBboy20

Oh god...OH GOD...

I would have thought my PS3 playing Persona 5 would be the last game it would go out with a bang...even so I still can...this is too big for me to be using last-gen hardware...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 33:

Finally, and I do mean finally the full assemblage of the Sailor Scouts has commenced, and it took its god damned sweet time. Yea, I am in agreement with those who said that Sailor Venus joining the team should have happened way sooner. Indeed, this is one of my major critiques with the first season, it took way too long to get the band together and the overall quality of the season suffered from it. At any rate, not only do we get the requite special episode mixing up of the tactics from the Dark Kingdom but we get a ruse, while cliched as hell, still proves to be effective.

Anyway, since we are momentarily out of formula, this allows Zoicite and Kunzite to team up and finally deal with the Tuxedo Mask factor. Basically the set up is there for Venus to have a big damn heroes moment and it is alright; honestly I thought Jupiter had a better entrance. Still, we get more storyline teases, but this shockingly is not the end of the arc. Anyway, a good episode and since it is a Sailor Scout debut, it automatically earns the highest recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 34

So that is where Mass Effect got the idea for the endless elevator. Anyway, this episode is a direct continuation from last time and this is Sailor Moon at its finest. As the stakes have been suitably upped to lure the injured Tuxedo Mask into surrendering his portion of the Rainbow Crystals so that this arc can conclude and we can move on with the story. Usagi unwittingly gets caught up in these machinations that eventually lead to some true revelations both known to the audience and at the time of release unknown.

I would imagine that it is pretty common knowledge that Sailor Moon is indeed also the Moon Princess Serenity these days, though for the sake of safety I shall keep this under spoiler tags. Anyway, that is the truth bomb dropped on everybody, even the audience. Both Mamoru and Usagi learn the duality of the other and I have to give kudos for handling it without contrivance. I also liked the little touch of Zoicite flat out outing Mamoru and he just shows off a titanium rose.

More kudos are deserved for building up Kunzite and Zoicite as actually credible threats to the Sailor Scouts and they are having a shockingly epic showdown thus far. More on this later as, well, I have opinions about things done later down the line. The big problem with this episode nay this mini-arc is it is proving to be the absolute worst time for Sailor Venus to join because she is immediately out of focus along with the other scouts as the heavy plot stuff has to be taken care of. Moreover, her being a minor catalyst for a couple of events during these past two episodes lacks an uniqueness, as you could have taken any of the scouts in her stead and have the same result. Basically, Minako should have been added before or after the heavy stuff and whomever thought this was a good idea deserves several punches to the face. That aside, this was not only the best episode since the end of the Nephrite arc, but one of the best episodes overall of season one, highest recommendations all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom