• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

zlCfzSfSapoQa79NTk

LaterNEVER AGAIN.
Good job SAB CA.

Good "job" Batman!

Moaradin

The schedule next week looks very good. Everything I want to watch is earlier, and the stuff I don't care about isn't spread apart like it was previously.

Haven't watched Shippuden since the awesomely animated Sakura and Chiyo vs. Sasori fight.

I will be coming back next week though. Since the plot picks up dramatically.

Sad to see Dandy go. We need a S3 and I think it could easily happen.

Gorillaz

Too many beers in to do the bat man watch so I was done.

With that said Dandy basically has AOTY wrapped up. Picking a favorite episode is honestly hard and I would have to really look back.

Off the top of my head the DANDY/Scarlet episode is up there for how well put together it was for such a simple episode. Probably top 3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. So... who survived to the end? I hope you're okay.

Attack on Titan
Escape by cannibalism, I'll admit it's creative.
And yeah, the Female Titan is a traitor in the Scouts. Which one though? You've probably figured it out by now since the anime doesn't really try to hide it (where the manga had shitty enough art to make it hard)

Bleach
And now the arc has been rendered *ding* completely pointless. Seriously, Ichigo worked to get his powers back in some form, he loses them, then Rukia just shows up and does the same thing she did in Chapter/Episode 1, and poof we're back to business. You can tell Kubo was rushing through this arc after the ratings and sales dropped. Not to mention bringing in the popular Soul Reapers like Icetard.

Space Dandy
That was a beautiful finale. Surprisingly it answered a lot of questions. It had all the ingredients for a Gainax ending, but it all made sense. So many twists and turns.

Overall, Space Dandy is an excellent series. It had a rocky start (which turned off way too many people complaining about fanservice...) but it quickly found its footing and stayed fairly consistent. Every episode brought in beautiful animation, and something different to keep us guessing.
Thinking about it, maybe we don't need a Season 3. A movie maybe, but I think the series has concluded in a great place.

Naruto: Shippuden:
"Time to meet with the spy" "FOOLED YOU IT'S A SIMULATION! WE'RE DRAGGING THIS SHIT BECAUSE FUCK YOU!"
Also, it's extremely difficult to care about Sakura knowing what happens... God damn it Kishi.

One Piece
HYPE ending! Do not miss next week!
This was also the week of destroying things because they're in the way. Buildings, doors, fuck them all!

Gurren Lagann
I'll give this episode some credit, it managed to make a recap somewhat entertaining. You know, TTGL is full of dick jokes and people praise it as the greatest anime ever. Space Dandy has boob jokes and people call it vile trash. Double standard much?

I'll report on Beware the Batman later after I watch through the marathon. I'll read along the live reactions.

I honestly don't have a problem with the whole "arc made pointless by Ichigo getting his powers back thanks to magic sword made by Urahara", my problem with it is that they don't (as far as I can remember) even have a throw away line about why they waited 18 months to do this. Heck I can even come up with an easy one right now manga spoilers
the soul society originally banned any of the soul reapers from helping Ichigo restore his powers, but things changed when they received a warning/premonition about the upcoming quincy war and it was deemed Ichigo would be needed for this battle

Also I honestly don't remember (if it ends up being explained) why they needed to steal Ichigo's powers or why they still need to fight as opposed to just agree to disagree and leave each other alone. After all Ichigo has what he wants (his powers back) and the fullbring have what they want (Ichigo's fullbring). The only reason to fight is if Tsukishima didn't agree to revert Ichigo's friends back to normal. Of course I realize this finale was rushed due to lower ratings, but these little things would basically validate how the arc plays out, as opposed to ignoring them. You don't need to over explain things, but you do need to at least give one line to establish why things played out this way and Bleach as far as I can remember doesn't.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At the third episode, with Deathstroke's introduction.

I do want to mention that it's interesting how standards have changed on Cartoon Network.
Back when Teen Titans aired, they couldn't call him Deathstroke, instead going with his real name Slade. Here, they have no problems.

Also, no Ron Perlman? Come on!

At the third episode, with Deathstroke's introduction.

I do want to mention that it's interesting how standards have changed on Cartoon Network.
Back when Teen Titans aired, they couldn't call him Deathstroke, instead going with his real name Slade. Here, they have no problems.

Also, no Ron Perlman? Come on!

To be fair the show may have censored his name to Slade for the tv version had the show not mega bombed. Perhaps by the time they got to doing the va for those episodes they knew the show was already dead to rights and said "f it"

Seda

Haven't watched Shippuden since the awesomely animated Sakura and Chiyo vs. Sasori fight.

I will be coming back next week though. Since the plot picks up dramatically.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I'm probably less critical of Naruto than most, despite the myriad of issues it has, but, in my opinion, we are where the show bottoms out hard (although I haven't seen the last several years of Shippuden.)

Seda

Anonymous Asked: I've heard rumors that DBZ Kai is airing on November 8. Is this true?

The rumors are correct! We will begging airing DBZ Kai uncut at midnight starting November 8th, replacing Bleach.

That's that.

Rutger

Banned
Good work SAB CA.

Space Dandy
A perfect ending to the show. That episode had everything that made Space Dandy what it was. It's not my favorite episode, but it did what it needed to do flawlessly.

One Piece
A fun episode. We finally get a name for Luffy's new technique teased in the opening, Second Gear. I gotta say, I'm liking that a lot more than Gear Second.

Gurren Lagann
Meh. The biggest sin of this episode is that it's pointless, aside from one small moment I like that I will not talk about because spoilers, it's filler. Episodes 4-6 are the weakest parts of Gurren Lagann, it picks up from here though.

I'm glad to see Beware the Batman leave

Tamanon

Banned
I don't think Bleach is rerunning, although it would be cool. Will be interesting to see if DBZ can anchor the night like Bleach has for years.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I'm probably less critical of Naruto than most, despite the myriad of issues it has, but, in my opinion, we are where the show bottoms out hard (although I haven't seen the last several years of Shippuden.)

Hmm well we at least have the fight coming up which is pretty good and the Sasuke reunion. But then yeah. Filler hell. Next May the Immortals arc starts though.

Seda

This question is probably the most specific thing we'll get for upcoming plans.

Can you tell us what to expect to see in the upcoming months?

You can expect another month of movies, some new shows coming in both big and small, and THE RETURN OF DBZ to its rightful home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom