• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm waiting for the day I get tag quoted, considering how many times I've been avatar quoted, especially with my Yosuke avatars (who might return if I can get someone to help make me a special avatar for when Parasyte premieres).

First day of work done. My legs feel like jelly right now. Getting gel insoles for tommorow. All my coworkers are nice and the job is really pretty easy. All in all good stuff.
This was my first week as well, especially when I had to climb up & down the theater house stairs so many times to sweep, mop, & vaccuum, My 2nd day, I was almost about to "sleep on my feet" as my friend put it, considering it's 3rd shift so it was around 6 a.m.

But yes, if you're going to be on your feet/walking a lot on the job, GET GOOD SHOES. I bought new sneakers specifically to wear for the job.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we close out the summer with a sunny romp through the seedy side of the Republica de Diamandra with Michiko Malandro and her reluctant ward Hatchin.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 37 - A Nightmare Transformation! Frieza's Power Level: One Million!?
12:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 4 - Stray Cat Milky Way
12:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 5 - The Saudade of Fools, Part 1
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 6 - The Saudade of Fools, Part 2
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 7 - The Rain that Falls in Monotone
2:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 8 - Black Noise and a Dope Game
2:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 9 - The Chocolate Girl in Love
3:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 10 - The Carnival of Hyenas

Regiruler

In a weird conclusion, a few minutes ago someone pounded on our door. When I answered it I saw my fan at my feet, plugged into the nearby wall and blowing towards my door, and nobody was in sight save for some people coming into the building.

Somehow that made my night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's actually really fucking easy to accidentally grab someone else's shit when moving into a dorm.

az8geZf.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'll keep the marathon on mute and watch something else. Very likely won't stay for the whole thing.

Black Jesus is coming back already? Huh, not used to Adult Swim shows having a quick turnaround like this. Granted, it's live-action so easier to film.
I hope this season has actual biting satire, it was pretty disappointing that Season One was just "Friday with a crazy guy that thinks he's Jesus"

Soulflarz

Banned
i feel like giving somebody a tag

no

I feel like a tag should be earned for doing something special good or bad like Fox's not reading the OP he posted himself or Man God's non-canon episode recapping. A tag earned from a "who wants one" me me me fest probably won't feel as special.

Unless it's one earned in relation to something actually about us or something. Random ones can be off, idk.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh yay, time for one of the worst episodes of Family Guy (it's bad even by its low standards)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More like.....a child Labor Day weekend marathon, considering it's M&H....

*shrugs* I guess I'll watch to see if the show can finally click with me now that we're gonna be watching a good amount of episodes all at the same time & revisiting older ones.

Granted, I'd rather play more Danganronpa AE & read my new book, but I guess I can do it afterwards since I have to stay up until 6 or 7 a.m. anyways.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE: EXTRA EDITION: PART TWO: TENTACULAR DROP

QOWyHYI.gif

Kirito and the G-man wrap up the conversation about Kayaba with more questions than answers. Was that really the reason he did that shit? A childhood dream to be a god of a realistic fantasy world with a floating castle? You couldn't, you know, just tell people they're going to die and disable logging out but then, you know, instead of killing them when they die in the game just make it so they log out safely and can't log back in? What a fucking asshole. Kirito gets a text message, the girls are eating lunch without him. Government guy guesses it is from "his princess" and we begin talking about the next plotline. A crime was afoot in ALO! You should have done something! He bows his head in apology. Nobuyuki Subou was a bad mang holding those 300 people hostage but Kirito fixed the problem before they were even aware of it. They were too busy with the 6000 players coming back from SAO to notice that Kayaba's lab partner was also doing them dirty. None of them ever expected him to build a virtual lab inside the game even though they were keeping tabs on him.

04HAa90.gif

Kirito didn't expect anything either at first even though he was incredibly creepy when they met at Asuna's hospital bed. I guess because he didn't flat out say right away that he was holding her hostage until they could get illegally married. The company that developed SAO went bankrupt, but someone had to keep the servers going...namely Asuna's dad's firm! He's head of R&D over in their Deep Dive Division and is the one "keeping Asuna alive" so yeah, he does pretty much tell you everything Kirito in that first meeting. He doesn't believe in Virtual Marriage though he does believe in Marrying Girls He's Forcing Into a Comatose State. He doesn't ever want to see Kirito here again...and yet tells him Asuna is getting married here exactly a week from now...but he didn't give Kirito a Plus One! What a heel! Say goodbye and get out, Mister Hero.

GLNA4x2.gif

Wait, Kirito DIDN'T PUT IT TOGETHER AFTER THAT? Nope, all he could think about was his waifu. Then Patrick Seitz's character showed him the screenshot of Asuna with pointy ears in her cage, but that was his only clue so he dove into ALO. Link Start and all that. He lands head first in ALO. He comments on how stupid it is for him to play another VRMMO. Then he finds...

J0BXFSL.gif

Yui! For no good reason! ALO is built on the backbone of SAO and when he imported his character data her item came along for the ride. She turns herself into a tiny fairly because, well, why not? She remembers him! It's an ALO miracle. But hold the phone, your mommy is stuck in ALO! She never woke up in the real world. We're gonna find mommy!

f7D4idj.gif

Then they cut to the three red dudes picking on Leafa, who sounds like Suguha and looks like Suguha with a bad blond dye job, pointy ears, and a sexy fantasy character outfit bought from a Halloween store. G man asks if Leafa was Kirito's sister. Indeed she is, and boy was that a surprise. Speaking of Suguha she is now really good at swimming, She's done a bunch of laps including one completely underwater. The other girls are impressed. Keiko is an only child and quizzes Sugu on what it was like to live with Kirigawd. The others girls all agree that it would be a great thing to be that close to Kirito. She tells them in a semi dejected manner that they weren't all that close before the SAO incident and that she wanted to know why he was obsessed with VRMMOS, so she joined ALO. I guess she forgot about the part where he was stuck in one until mere weeks before the start of this story line, so obsessed is sort of the wrong term for it.

aRWY4zG.gif

Suguha, who is in real life in love with her brother/cousin, didn't realize at first that the character who looks and SOUNDS just like him with a similar name, wasn't him. She just thought he was a brooding, emo, amazing MMO player. Kirito explains in broad terms why he needs to get to the top of the world tree. She does figure out by looking at his facial expressions that it is about another girl and while Kirito is prepared as always to go it alone she volunteers to go with him. It was far away but they made it there in only three days. Asuna thanks her for helping him but Suguha tells her to cram it that it was a blast. She then recounts the mountain they had to go under because it exceeded the altitude limit. She also explains that when you log out in the field in this game, your avatar persists so you need to do it in shifts so that someone can guard your body so you don't get sent back to the graveyard. Kirito offers to take first watch.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR PEOPLE WITH THINGS FOR THEIR COUSIN SISTERS

ZIXFaep.gif

Suguha takes a shower and is clearly thinking about Kirito. She tells herself that she's not in love with him more that she loves going to new places in a new world. The girls then ask if she still didn't know it was him. She had no idea. Her main impression of him was that he was super fast in battle and recalls the time in the caves that he continued to fight even though if he died they'd have to spend a few hours flying back here. Kirito Cena ain't gonna lose to some chumps from the fire nation though. He won't let anyone in his party die ever again, brrr apppledough. He yells to power up to SSJ, scaring the shit out of the shield wall of red dudes. He grabs one of their shields, moving it out of place and jams his sword in. When Suguha learned why he was doing all of this from Yui she figured this was a guy she could believe in, and then I guess she starts admitting to herself that she likes Kirito.

lvT0sd0.gif

Kirito gives her the speech about people being assholes in VR MMOs but that in turn he needs to be a protector, blah, blah. Being a bad person in the virtual world might make you a shittier human being in the real world. Oh I remember, she wanted him to kill her for some reason to get ahead. Now he's fighting the big bad red guy while all of the ALO girls who have yet to make a reappearance cheer him on along with Leafa. He dices the hell out of him. Lisbeth thinks that the two of them are a bit...too close if you know what I'm saying. Sugu denies this while stuttering and asks that they get back to the pool. If only things had worked out differently.

Q3tHbkO.gif

I forgot that she first realizes it's him in the virtual world. Life's not fair, Suguha. You fell in love with your cousin brother. And then to forget about your cousin brother, you fell in love with your virtual brother/cousin. It does seem like some Greek Tragedy shit, doesn't it? She logs out and then tells him all about it in the real world. She accuses him of knowing the whole time and pushing her away because, get this, she isn't his real sister. That's why he started avoiding her and stopped practicing kendo. I'm pretty sure that the guy who couldn't even figure out that the blond girl with the exact same voice and similar figure to his sister was his sister isn't on the emotional level needed to make this sort of decision. He honestly did not know you cared for him and barely even remembered that you are actually cousins. She was so happy that he paid attention to her after coming back from SAO but wished he'd continued to be a jerk to her if this was the outcome. I gotta admit I genuinely feel for her fucked up position here. Like I said she fell in love with him, got jealous that he had a comatose girlfriend/waifu, went to ALO to get away from him, figuring he'd never be dumb enough to play another VR MMO again, and fell in love with him again. The heart wants what the heart wants.

TO BE CONTINUED WITH MORE FAIRIES. AND A BEACH EPISODE.

ULTRA MEGA TOO HOT FOR TV EVEN THOUGH IT AIRED UNCUT ON TOONAMI.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AW YEAH, LADIES NIGHT, THAT MEANS KILL LA KI...I mean M&H.

OH YES, STARTING WITH THE FULL OP!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Now if you weren't paying attention last time around, you might have missed that. It's Hatchin's suggestion that Michiko look for people who were friends of Hiroshi's that sets her looking for Satoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom