• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Yep. I don't plan on watching. Mad Max on PS4 is calling me.

M&H is a good show but not one I care to rewatch the episodes of.

I dunno I'm contemplating watching the marathon especially now that I have Monday off as well this weekend. Not just watching the marathon but rewatching episodes 1-3 this evening then watching 4-10 while minimal posting here just to see if rewatching some episodes and focusing more on them will give me a great appreciation for the show

Toonami Dragoncon 2015 (c.o. livetweeting):
  • Episode 1 of Parasyte Dubbed is premiering right now at the panel
  • Parasyte, October 3rd at 1AM
  • 7 Weeks of Intruder II
  • Intruder 2 starts November 7th
  • Toonami Comic launches November 7th
  • Toonami App launches November 2nd

Well at least Parasyte is gonna start around Halloween.

That way we can all be scared by the tense scenes of women wondering if Shinichi-kun is really Shinichi-kun.

Seda

qSBUZQY.gif

Hopefully, it just ends up being Dandy Season 2. I'd say FLCL, but that last episode is probably gonna be a pain to deal with, in terms of run-time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, not sure if I want to watch the marathon or continue playing Danrangonpa Another Episode (especially since Twitter is spoiling some of the stuff in later chapters & I still need to finish Ch. 1) & finally read that Sega Genesis book I got imported from the UK. Not to mention since my friend is in Australia for 2 weeks, I have to work Labor Day & the Monday the week after, so I only get tonight off for 2 weeks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What if Intruder 2 is replacing AoT?!

Also wow, one more month until Parasyte. Sure has been slowly catching up. Need to see if I can get a special avatar made in time for the premiere.

"Intruder 2 coming this October."

"JK actually coming November."

TBF based upon how the Intruder 2 lines up time wise I imagine this isn't just a delay so that they can finish it, but more strategic so that the Intruder 2 can be the hook that gets people to tune in most weekends in December.

So a marathon for Thanksgiving weekend and a marathon for the first weekend when most kids will be going on X-mas break. Going to take a wild guess the first Marathon will be AgK and the second will be Parasyte.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if Dec. is just going to be normal aside from the week before & of Xmas, considering we already know of a marathon of the week before Xmas. The week of Xmas, Toonami would be on the 26th, so I'm sure they'll do another kind of marathon.

Though I wonder if Jan. 2nd would be back to normal, considering it's the day after New Years.

In theory that schedule displaces the finale of Michiko & Hatchin to the first weekend of December which would be a very odd time to start a new series. The 2-3 marathons it seems we'll be getting should also displace AgK's finale into February.

Seda

So, Intruder 2 will supposedly have some sort of permanent change on Toonami (unless they changed their minds on this). I assume it'll lead to a packaging change, perhaps with a new TOM, SARA, or Absolution. Who knows, they might break a 4th wall of sorts and lead to a scheduling tweak too, although I doubt it.

December 26th will be an oddball, considering it's right after Christmas and the first 'post-Intruder-2' Toonami.

Here are the ending dates assuming one marathon (skipped) night in November and December. Not going to bother with a specific DBZ Kai date.

Sword Art Online II: September 26th
Attack On Titan: September 26th
Michiko & Hatchin: December 5th
Akame ga Kill!: February 6th, 2016
Parasyte: The Maxim: March 26th, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Late 2016 (not including Buu Arc), Early 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Raxus

You know. I was stupid enough to believe that Naruto Shippuden (in Japan) would end this year. How could I be so stupid.

It is probably a rerun and something that will be announced on Pre-Flight one random week.

That's what makes the most sense... but at the same time it's weird they're being coy about it considering it's less then a month away now. I guess it's possible they simply haven't decided what the replacement is going to be and are trying to decide between going with something cheaper to air or something slightly more expensive that might generate more views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom