• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I forgot about the live-action Jem movie. The fact it's by the Pitch Perfect people makes me not want to see it even more.

It baffles me that people consider Michiko and Hatchin worse than Akame Ga Kill.

You serious? Even at its worse, Michiko and Hatchin is better than Akame Ga Kill.

IIRC, the poor performance of the anime was a factor in (late series SPOILERS)
diverging from the manga for an anime-only ending in spite of having plenty more material to adapt

That can't be right ...

They would have to have known that the series was doing "poorly" as they were making the final arc. The series is only 24-25 episodes long, there's no way that can be the case unless they took a huge break halfway through to rework the final 5 episodes..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New Shippuden intro pls.
fU1J8zX.gif

I hate my fucking computer...

Okay, here's proof that the show is poor direction not actors.
The experience points guy was Chris Ayres. The voice of Freeza on Kai.
Sentai Filmworks needs new directors.

TBF Experience guy did a pretty good job with those lines, obviously it could have been better but it wasn't a terrible performance

Crocodile

This M&H episode is off to a weird start

IIRC, the poor performance of the anime was a factor in (late series SPOILERS)
diverging from the manga for an anime-only ending in spite of having plenty more material to adapt

There's also the Serial Rapist Squad later on that they probably wanted nothing to do with.

You could have censored around that concept easily, the bigger problem was the anime adaptation not doing well and the anime team wanting to give the series a "real ending" and not a "go read the manga" stop. Future content the series might have had if animated really wouldn't have much impact on going for a filler ending.

Considering how long it take to make anime and the lead times needed, I'm having a hard time believing this. This is not the sort of anime that would be doing gangbusters in ratings even if it was good and they aren't going to get data of disk sales or manga sales boosts until the show is well underway.

this next episode is actually pretty good

Yeah from my recollection I remember leaving that episode feeling kind of impressed. My memory could be off though and I'm sure the dub will do its best to botch it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Waaaaaalk.

In the rain.

In the rain.

In the rain.

I walk in the raaaaaain.

In the rain.

Is it riiiiiiiight?

Or is it wrong?

And is it here that I belong?

That can't be right ...

They would have to have known that the series was doing "poorly" as they were making the final arc. The series is only 24-25 episodes long, there's no way that can be the case unless they took a huge break halfway through to rework the final 5 episodes..

Miserable blu ray sales that happen early into a series can influence those kinds of things

It baffles me that people consider Michiko and Hatchin worse than Akame Ga Kill.

You serious? Even at its worse, Michiko and Hatchin is better than Akame Ga Kill.

Technically M&H is way better, animation, dub, directing, etc

I just don't like the characters and the story doesn't do anything for me. Personally I'd rather watch some dumb shonen shlock like AgK or Seraph over M&H. I'm only still watching M&H because it's on Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom