• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here for Toonami.

Man, the new Thundercats was such a waste... could have been so much more.
Were there even any Thundercats toys? I never saw them. That's probably why they didn't sell.

TUSR

Banned
XVA4S1j.gif

animegaf destiny team used to call me silica

I remember when Gucci started watching Fairy Tale. I've never seen anyone rage against a show like he did against Fairy Tale. It was like the show killed his father and he had to get revenge.

I can get finding it boring/dumb but hating it? While loving Bleach and enjoying both AgK and SAO??? Outside of the over the top fan service I can't think of much I'd consider hate-able about Fairy Tail

So, might as well come clean on something.

I like Fairy Tail. I like it more than One Piece. Which is saying something because I really like One Piece.

I know.

I know One Piece has a better told story.

I know One Piece has more rounded characters.

I know that One Piece's world is more fleshed out.

But Fairy Tail scratches that shonen itch for me in ways that One Piece doesn't. I don't know why.

I wouldn't say FT >>> OP in a million years, but I do understand the point you're trying to make. FT is truly vanilla shonen, it's like lays potato chips your brain doesn't get a whole lot out of it but it's cheap and comforting and you can keep eating it without realizing it.

Grexeno

I like Fairy Tail. I like it more than One Piece. Which is saying something because I really like One Piece.

I know.

But Fairy Tail scratches that shonen itch for me in ways that One Piece doesn't. I don't know why.
You may be Generic Anime Fan

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I still remember when someone told me that Oda also wrote Fairy Tail. I was just baffled by that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can get finding it boring/dumb but hating it? While loving Bleach and enjoying both AgK and SAO??? Outside of the over the top fan service I can't think of much I'd consider hate-able about Fairy Tail

I was honestly shocked at his reaction. To this day I still have never seen that reaction to Fairy Tale. People have called it dumb, boring, mediocre, repetitive, formulaic, a shitty One Piece copy that kills everything good about the original; but he fucking raged his head off. If I could remember what thread it was in I'd dig the posts up, it was incredible.

Seda

I know.

Sometimes an individual element or two can hook enjoyment, nbd.

BBboy20

WEll, guess nothing much was lost in miscalculating the time the third Persona event started that I ended up missing out on but hey, at least a certain point in MGS5 got me to play some story missions consecutively.

Still, Persona 5 was my most anticipated game of 2015, now it's '16.

Also: I'm in for some East Coast Streaming Toonami tonight!

Moaradin

I genuinely thought Toriko and One Piece were in the same universe for a while because I saw a screenshot of the cross over one time.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Don't get it twisted, TGS was mobile phone focused. The video game fanbase only covers the consoles though.

LALALALA I CANT HEAR... really though, didn't notice much about mobile games out of the event. Felt kinda nice, and... classic...ish.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I told myself I would've worked on something for the premiere of Parasyte, but I was distracted by video games.

Ah well, gotta stay up until 7 a.m. anyways, guess I'll do it tonight after Toonami.

Ponn

Banned
Oh hey I just remembered Xenoverse should have downloaded by now. I'm going to make a character and call him Jobber.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so if no one else has ever seen these transformations, I have to imagine Frieza transforming back and forth in front of a mirror or something

also shouldn't Kai be getting a new opening soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom