• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Still can't crack the Zach.

Also just saw a scan of some photo-book...showing a young Gaku Sano meeting Kuuga. :)

Defuser

267ucf.jpg

I like this shot of Kaito pointing at Kouta. It actually shows of Kaito strongly making a point with that gesture.

The last segment is fuck ton awesome action. RIP all those plastic chairs and tables, can't Toei afford real furnitures? Regarding Minato,
didn't Kouta fell off a long cliff in rider mode comically and he ended up fine? I don't see why she can't survive that unless the cliff Kouta fell off is a short cliff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hell, Takatora
fell off a cliff with no Rider armor and he was fine. :lol Although the building Minato fell from was much taller than that.

WarRock

267ucf.jpg

I like this shot of Kaito pointing at Kouta. It actually shows of Kaito strongly making a point with that gesture.

The last segment is fuck ton awesome action. RIP all those plastic chairs and tables, can't Toei afford real furnitures? Regarding Minato,
didn't Kouta fell off a long cliff in rider mode comically and he ended up fine? I don't see why she can't survive that unless the cliff Kouta fell off is a shot cliff.

Not when furniture is the greatest menace to all villains and must be attacked weekly.

NeonZ

didn't Kouta fell off a long cliff in rider mode comically and he ended up fine? I don't see why she can't survive that unless the cliff Kouta fell off is a shot cliff.

Oren got knocked down from a building earlier on, and survived fine, and that was after being hit a by an Energy Lockseed finisher. I think the idea is that the
bomb mostly damaged her and then the impact finisher her off. I don't think a random bomb made in a day should be that damaging to a Genesis Rider though...

LostAnkh

267ucf.jpg

didn't Kouta fell off a long cliff in rider mode comically and he ended up fine? I don't see why she can't survive that unless the cliff Kouta fell off is a short cliff.
They fell off cliffs or way up high, but they weren't blown off a building at close range by a remote explosive that's supposed to kill a monster.

Defuser

eh you know what scratch that idea. I rewatch the scene where Kaito found Minato she wasn't wearing the Genesis driver. Not sure whether it was a production oversight or not but I'm gonna assume the driver came off during mid-fall.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
eh you know what scratch that idea. I rewatch the scene where Kaito found Minato she wasn't wearing the Genesis driver. Not sure whether it was a production oversight or not but I'm gonna assume the driver came off during mid-fall.

Pretty easy to believe that it came off either at the time of impact or mid-fall. Would imagine that's what Toei was going for, anyway.

whats blue blazes about?

saw overtimes subbing, but the premise sounds kinda boring.

It's based on a semi-autobiographical manga by Kazuhiko Shimamoto, a manga artist who ended up going to college with some of the biggest names in anime production: Eva director Hideaki Anno, Gainax founder Hiroyuki Yamaga, and Gainax board member Takami Akai. It's essentially a humorous look at all these dudes when they were young, kind of like Gundam Sousei.

tumblr_naylwdvqVX1rb1rgoo8_500.gif

tumblr_n9krlooNQI1qmencro5_500.gif

Corgi

Banned
i know the eating the fruit moments are suppose to be powerful or something, but I swear they could make it seem more... dramatic or something. Instead it looks like they are pigging out!

kinda ruins the moment.

Midonin

I like the OP, but Gaim barely has any vocal music at all. Though Micchi is getting a new character song on the Music Arms album.

I really like Gaim's composed soundtrack and the OP, Rise Up Your Flag and Kiwami Escalation are great. I'm not a fan of the other songs, like the two KRG tracks or Never Surrender.

reminds me, gaim is a great show, but easily the weakest OP and insert songs in a toku show in ages.

On the KR side: Agito, Faiz, Blade Op2, Kabuto, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze. Damn, Kamen Rider has some good runs.

Kiva had by far the best insert songs though. Jesus. Fucking Supernova is the all time best, but then they did Individual System, Roots of the King, Inherited System, and This Love Never End. Goddamn, Tetra-Fang.

jwk94

On the KR side: Agito, Faiz, Blade Op2, Kabuto, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze. Damn, Kamen Rider has some good runs.

Kiva had by far the best insert songs though. Jesus. Fucking Supernova is the all time best, but then they did Individual System, Roots of the King, Inherited System, and This Love Never End. Goddamn, Tetra-Fang.

You forgot Bloody Rose! The final album was soooo good.

vareon

When Supernova plays you know shit's about to drop. Good song. Roots of the King, too.

ReiGun

I haven't really liked any Rider ops since W. Which may not be far, since "WBX Extreme" is god tier, but eh. Insert music has been good, though. OOO had awesome themes for the forms. Dat "Time Judged All." Secondary Rider themes are great too. Reverse/Rebirth, Shooting Star, Leave all Behind, and Evolving Storm are dope. Cosmic Mind was good too.

I remember no music from Gaim beyond the main theme. They use inserts so sparingly.

I'm a big fan of GoGo V, Hurricanger, Dekaranger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, and the first Go-Buster opening.

All good ones. Also like ToQger's theme.

I haven't really liked any Rider ops since W. Which may not be far, since "WBX Extreme" is god tier, but eh. Insert music has been good, though. OOO had awesome themes for the forms. Dat "Time Judged All." Secondary Rider themes are great too. Reverse/Rebirth, Shooting Star, Leave all Behind, and Evolving Storm are dope. Cosmic Mind was good too.

I remember no music from Gaim beyond the main theme. They use inserts so sparingly.

All good ones. Also like ToQger's theme.

Leave All Behind is another Supernova-tier song for me. Loved Reverse/Rebirth too.

ToQger's opening theme is the only good thing about the show.

NeonZ

reminds me, gaim is a great show, but easily the weakest OP and insert songs in a toku show in ages.

I like the insert songs, I just wish they had been used more consistently through the series. Ranbu Escalation is a great battle theme and yet we had barely seen it besides these last few episodes. They've actually been using them decently lately, but it took a long time to get here.

For a while, it seemed like they were only used in the special episodes.

OOO had awesome themes for the forms. Dat "Time Judged All." Secondary Rider themes are great too.

OOO and Wizard oddly toned down inserts after a while. The Shauta theme wasn't even used in the tv show for OOO and it took several episodes before we got Putotyra's.

Corgi

Banned
Kinda wish drive was more police themed in terms of the suit. Make it look like the robot in carranger/ PR turbo.

It's also kinda fascinating having a cop show in today's climate about police beating the shit out of "monsters".

How are police in Japan? Heard they don't do much.

WarRock

I'm a big fan of GoGo V, Hurricanger, Dekaranger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, and the first Go-Buster opening.
I never payed attention to the GoBus opening, but by the end of the series I was singing it along all the time. That last episode man.

You dislike COUNT ZA MEDARUS and Switch On!? OOO and W openings are on the same tier to me.

Looking good. And at first I thought they were wearing Rider X helmets.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kinda wish drive was more police themed in terms of the suit. Make it look like the robot in carranger/ PR turbo.

It's also kinda fascinating having a cop show in today's climate about police beating the shit out of "monsters".

How are police in Japan? Heard they don't do much.

According to Wikipedia, they actually have a favorable reputation besides the "forced confessions" that occasionally pop up...

Despite legal limits on police jurisdiction, many citizens retain their views of the police as authority figures to whom they can turn for aid. The public often seeks police assistance to settle family quarrels, counsel juveniles, and mediate minor disputes. Citizens regularly consult police for directions to hotels and residences—an invaluable service in cities where streets are often unnamed and buildings are numbered in the order in which they have been built rather than consecutively. Police are encouraged by their superiors to view these tasks as answering the public's demands for service and as inspiring community confidence in the police. Public attitudes toward the police are generally favorable, although a series of incidents of forced confessions in the late 1980s raised some concern about police treatment of suspects held for pretrial detention

So, yeah, I'd say Japanese cops are entirely different beasts from American cops...from my consumption of Japanese media, for what it's worth, it seems like cops are ultimately shown as well meaning, but often sort of bumbling and useless, but, you know, I'd take that over shooting people for minor crimes.

WillyFive

I always feel Sentai has better musical talent behind it than Kamen Rider. Only a few of the Kamen Rider themes I think are as good as Sentai ones, and only Fourze was the one I thought had a soundtrack with more than a few good songs in it (Cosmic Mind is still one of my faves).

Anyway, I really don't like the instant-morphs Saban does for Power Rangers (they look so cheap and tame); I wanted to make them bright, cartoony and flashy like Toei's instant-morphs, as if they made them. What do you guys think?

Slayven

I always feel Sentai has better musical talent behind it than Kamen Rider. Only a few of the Kamen Rider themes I think are as good as Sentai ones, and only Fourze was the one I thought had a soundtrack with more than a few good songs in it (Cosmic Mind is still one of my faves).

Anyway, I really don't like the instant-morphs Saban does for Power Rangers (they look so cheap and tame); I wanted to make them bright, cartoony and flashy like Toei's instant-morphs, as if they made them. What do you guys think?

Sentai has more consistent musical talent. When KR music if bad, it is terrible, but when it is great, it's next level.

Top Bottom