• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whelp Super Mega 17 was also really good.
I mean Troy defeating Vrak with that sky strike was dumb as hell and doesn't exactly make sense in Megaforce like it would (im guessing) in Goseiger but oh well. Human Troy vs Robo Knight is probably my favorite fight in the series.

The "Sky Strike" in Goseiger gave Alata angel wings. It's likely Saban Brands edited out the wings (they did it before in the final fight with Creepox)

jwk94

The "Sky Strike" in Goseiger gave Alata angel wings. It's likely Saban Brands edited out the wings (they did it before in the final fight with Creepox)

Wait, I thought they always had those? They can't just summon their
wings?

BatDan

Wait, I thought they always had those? They can't just summon their
wings?

The Goseigers didn't get their wings until the finale. Their big bursts of power seemed to make them appear.

jwk94

The Goseigers didn't get their wings until the finale. Their big bursts of power seemed to make them appear.

Oh well that certainly adds some context to their final morph. What happened to Gosei Knight in Goseiger? I know
Bladerun turned him evil but did they have to kill him or did he survive?

BatDan

Oh well that certainly adds some context to their final morph. What happened to Gosei Knight in Goseiger? I know
Bladerun turned him evil but did they have to kill him or did he survive?

You know how Troy suddenly glowed and punched the evil out of Robo Knight? That's exactly how it happened in Goseiger. Alata suddenly glowed ("miracles" as they call them, oh and another scene of angel wings) and punched the evil out of Gosei Knight. So yeah, he survived.

Defuser

ToQger ep 30
"This is where I die." Oh Akira, you're such a asshole for saying that to Kagura after eating her cake lol.

vareon

ToQger ep 30
"This is where I die." Oh Akira, you're such a asshole for saying that to Kagura after eating her cake lol.

Is that even an appropriate joke in a kid's show to begin with? I know Japan is more lenient in using words death or demon or etc in kids media but Akira seems extreme.

ReiGun

So Kouta is pretty much the most powerful Kamen Rider ever, right?

Imagine how gangsta he would be in Kamen Rider Spirits.

He's gotta be up there. Dude's basically a god.

Wonder how he'd stack up to Kuuga Rising Ultimate and Hyper Kabuto.

WarRock

Just watched Gaim 47. Not much to add besides what has been said in the thread, it's a neat epilogue with some good scenes for secondary characters - Kouta's sister, Jounouchi, Takatora still not being able to get through Micchy's feelings, the dance crews...

I just wanted to see the crazy waitress that worked for Bandou again.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Given the events of the finale, I don't think you can separate them.

Yeah, this. And I doubt Kouta even needed to transform to take Kougane out. He was powerful enough to take out the Locust kaijin without even materializing. He was basically toying with Kougane the whole time. Dude never stood a chance. :lol

Slayven

Yeah kouta was doing that shit for Micchy more then again. I mean with that Baller Ass henshin, you doubt he couldn't take a shadow of a villain?

ReiGun

Yeah, this. And I doubt Kouta even needed to transform to take Kougane out. He was powerful enough to take out the Locust kaijin without even materializing. He was basically toying with Kougane the whole time. Dude never stood a chance. :lol

Kougane used his Squash and Kouta was like "Get that weak shit outta here, bruh."

vareon

Kouta became a God. Shouichi Rider Kicked a God in the face. And that wasn't even his final form!

Huh, now that you mention it. Agito was pretty dreamy.

I just wish Kouta ditch the kitbash god armor thingy. Dude didn't even look good, see Agito's god or even Sagara for better fashion reference.

jwk94

GOD DAMN! Super Mega 18....

It's the Don episode. Someone finally questions Jake's change in fighting style when they go Super Mega.

Rangers are down and Troy gets captured.

Wait, they go to the Samurai rangers' rock concert at the end? WTF

BatDan

It's the Don episode. Someone finally questions Jake's change in fighting style when they go Super Mega.

Took them long enough. The dumb excuses like "I'm so excited to have new power" and "I'm jealous of Orion" were flimsy.

And yeah, that was stock footage from Super Samurai (specifically, He Ain't Heavy Metal, He's My Brother). Erika and Steven didn't even get credited. Shameless SB, just shameless.

Are you watching this in English?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bet outside of the next Movie Wars, and maybe the Drive x Series 2015, in the future Gaim will just appear without any fanfare and they'll ignore the "literal God" stuff.

With so many Riders, it'll be interesting to see who sticks around for crossovers in the future. I have a feeling Oren and Takatora might end up sticking around the longest since they're older and don't have to worry about typecasting like the younglings.

NeonZ

I bet outside of the next Movie Wars, and maybe the Drive x Series 2015, in the future Gaim will just appear without any fanfare and they'll ignore the "literal God" stuff.

Well, it depends on whether Kouta will appear out of suit or not. If his actor appears in the next spring Taisen, he likely still will be portrayed as "god" Kouta... although that doesn't mean he'll have a godly performance in combat. In fact, just look at Decade. They seem to love show him being beaten up in post-series crossovers exactly because he's supposed to be powerful.

With so many Riders, it'll be interesting to see who sticks around for crossovers in the future. I have a feeling Oren and Takatora might end up sticking around the longest since they're older and don't have to worry about typecasting like the younglings.

The main issue with those is that Toei hardly seems to bother with secondary Riders from past series in crossovers... Look at Fourze and Wizard - After Ultimatum, Meteor made a suit-only cameo in SHTZ, where they didn't even bother bringing back his actor... and that's it. He appeared in nothing afterwards. Beast was in Sengoku Battle, but he already didn't appear in Rider Taisen.

There are some exceptions, I guess, like Birth appearing in both Super Hero Taisen (with their original actors) and Ultimatum (suit only), but even then it completely disappeared afterwards.

Corgi

Banned
finally watched gaim finale... seemed kinda pointless? I guess it was a decent enough send off.

With how movies ended up working, i'm quite surprised that they didn't pull a kamen rider W, and 'reset everything back to normal', aka kouta loses god powers etc.

Is that even an appropriate joke in a kid's show to begin with? I know Japan is more lenient in using words death or demon or etc in kids media but Akira seems extreme.

TOQ brings up death in almost every episode, probably to counter the overall happy, rainbows, colorful themes.

jwk94

Super Mega 19

Orion leaves for....reasons. Seriously, this part made no sense. Why would he leave to go back to Andresia if his people are dead? Anyway, they have a touching goodbye where Orion points out the glaring problems with the way Super Mega handled character development and how Gia never really did anything.

Seems like Emma could have a thing for Orion.

Tensou picks up a transmission from The Armada, calling back all of their ships across the galaxy to attack the Earth.

Gosei tells the rangers and Troy says they have the powers of over 100 rangers (given to them apparantly smh) to help combat the oncoming invasion.

Rangers defeat Levira's zord real quick. Like she barely had time to do anything before they had the Fire Smasher out.

Rangers fight her on the ground and transform into more new power which now have names!

Flash -- Prism mode

Mask -- lightning mode

Fiveman -- Super SOnic

Blitz was to a Sentai who's name I can't remember. has gryphon in it though.

Rangers quickly defeat her then the invasion fires on them, demorphing them. Mavro and them exchange words so they go Mega...for reasons smh.

They get fired up and start runnning before transforming into Legendary mode and getting into the zords.

Since Orion is gone, they have the Q-Rex on auto-pilot.

Big fight between the Legendary zords and the Armada while the people of Earth look on in awe.

The Goranger mode is called Legendary Battalion mode.

Legendary zords get beat then Mavro's ship fires on the Legendary megazord, destroying it (i think) and the rangers fall into some rubble in civilian mode.

Mavro declares the place conquered and says they'll be back tomorrow to finish the job. Episode ends with "To be continued"

Overall, a good episode but it really does show some of the annoying problems we had with this season.

javadoze

ToQger 30

The Kagura plot and the monster plot this week felt like two completely different shows. Though I appreciate some bits where Akira becomes a bit more friendly with the team, this episode feels like a waste.

Looks like next week's
faceoff and bunnyman will prove interesting.

Also, will the 2015 Sentai trademark be leaking soon? I think ToQger's trademark was revealed at the end of September last year. Can't be too far away now.

Watch Da Birdie

ToQger 30

The Kagura plot and the monster plot this week felt like two completely different shows. Though I appreciate some bits where Akira becomes a bit more friendly with the team, this episode feels like a waste.

Looks like next week's
faceoff and bunnyman will prove interesting.

Also, will the 2015 Sentai trademark be leaking soon? I think ToQger's trademark was revealed at the end of September last year. Can't be too far away now.

Man, it feels like just yesterday ToQ started and we were less than halfway through Gaim...

I've heard people say it'll be Ninjas again? Any reason for this speculation?

Watch Da Birdie

Movie Wars Info:

The title of the Kamen Rider Drive & Gaim: Movie Wars 2015 film is finally revealed. The film's official title is Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Drive & Gaim: Movie Wars Full Throttle. The upcoming film is directed by Takayuki Shibasaki (Kamen Rider Taisen).

The film will be written by Riku Sanjou (Kamen Rider Drive) and Jin Hageneya (Kamen Rider Gaim). The cast of Kamen Rider Drive that will appear in the film are:

Ryoma Takeuchi (Shinnosuke Tomari/Drive)
Rio Uchida (Kiriko Shijima)
Taikou Katoono (Chase/Mashin Chaser)
Shota Matsushima (Brain)
Tomoya Warabino (Heart)
Taira Imata (Genpachiro Otta)
Rei Yoshii (Rinna Sawagami)
Kenta Hamano (Kyu Saijo)
Tsurutaro Kataoka (Jun Honganji)

As for the Kamen Rider Gaim, the ones appearing in the film are:

Gaku Sano (Kouta Kazuraba/Gaim)
Yutaka Kobayashi (Kaito Kumon/Baron)
Mahiro Takasugi (Mitsuzane Kureshima/Ryugen)
Yuumi Shida (Mai Takatsukasa)
Yuki Kubota (Takatora Kureshima/Zangetsu)

WillyFive

I've heard people say it'll be Ninjas again? Any reason for this speculation?

Most likely simply because we are overdue for one. It's almost as if certain Sentai themes are reused every decade, and we haven't had a Ninja theme since well over a decade ago. By comparison, there was a decade between Kakuranger and Hurrucanger, and there has been a decade between each of the dinosaur series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It'd still be wary, but then again ninja rumor is new as opposed to the always recurring but never coming true "bug sentai"

besides they can never top J anyway

Slayven

I want my music themed sentai.

Red Rocker with the Lead Guitar Sword

Blue Rocker with The Bass Sniper

Yellow Rocker with Keyboard Breaker

Pink Rocker with Thunder Drums

etc

jwk94

Super Mega 20

City is in peril. Shows various people trapped under rubble and one inside an elevator.
Damon, Leo, Karone, Tommy, Carter, Dana, Wes, Cassie, and TJ save the people. I just realized Mike and Emily didn't even get their own scenes. They just showed up with the rest at the end, had no lines, and then they put on their helmets.

Rangers talk about how the world is counting on them. Orion returns in his ship.

Next day. Armada fleets descend and begin the attack. Citizens take up arms just as the Super Mega rangers come in and fight. Troy and Orion decide that a two-man team needs to take out the Emperor so they grab Orion's ship....well they run to it first while the people cheer (smh) and then they mimick the scene from Gokaiger.

Troy and Orion ram the ship, fight Mavro and finish him off with a final strike, stroying the ship in the process.

Meanwhile, the Super Mega rangers finish off the...ummm.....I don't think this general was given a name. Anyway, they finish this guy off, demorpherd, with the Super Mega Cannon.

Rangers run to the quarry and scream since they think Troy and Orion are dead. But in fact they escaped on the Galaxy Gliders (good scene). Did I mention the Super Mega zords are destroyed? yeah anyway.

Remaining X-borgs appraoch. Rangers prepare for the last fight just as "real Legendary Rangers" start posing with generic "hiyahs!" on the cliffside. They join the rangers.

The 10 I mentioned before take off their helmets, and some deliver some lines before the Mega rangers morph to Mega mode. Why not Super? Well Noah says "I'm so pumped up, I don't even need to go Super."
e5YuU.gif

There's some original footage here and there during the fight. Troy says hi to Robo Knight. Rangers finish off the X-borgs with Super Mega blast from Orion and the Mega weapon thing from the Mega rangers.

The Mega rangers run back to the Legendary rangers and Tommy says a quick line before he rejoins the Legendary Rangers to leave. How do they leave? They throw a hand in the air and shoot off into space....this knocks back the Mega rangers...the Legendary Rangers really seems like jerks for that.

Anyway, Mega rangers deliver a few lines, say it's time to go home, Gia kissed Jake and locks arms with him. Troy puts his Super Mega Sabre in the ground and they all walk off into the distance.

So yeah, kinda disappointing. The actual Legendary battle felt kinda rushed and I was mad they cut
the scene where Gai gave Marvelous the Dragon Rangers' shield. I really wish the Legendary Rangers played a greater role in the episode.

Even watching the last two episodes back to back, I still felt like there was too much missing from the actual finale. Sure, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either.

Top Bottom