• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WarRock

New Drive retail scans out. Big spoilers. Seriously don't click this shit, there's only been one episode.

- Secondary Rider...
Is Kamen Rider Mach. Rides a bike, has toy bikes that slot into his belt Faiz phone style. Silhouette looks like Cyclone. Colour scheme looks like IXA.
It's Machine Chaser's Rider upgrade.

- Movie toys.
Gaim Car gives Drive a new form with a tire on his head samurai straw hat style, and the Daidaimaru and Musou Saber. Drive Lockseed gives Gaim that steering wheel sword and the door gun.

Rider upgrade
? That's... new, isn't it? At least that confirms that we won't have another
Nazca situation.

Going off a lot of their subs, they seem to know, like... high school, first year college Japanese. Their refusal to use the scripts and going by ear hurts them badly.

But then you have oddities like in Gaim where the script had a mistake in it, and take didn't bother correcting it. So... some shows they use the script and don't double check against the audio (QC, what's that?) and others take will buckle down and assume everyone else is wrong (princess/precious debacle in Akibaranger).

vareon

New Drive retail scans out. Big spoilers. Seriously don't click this shit, there's only been one episode.

- Secondary Rider...
Is Kamen Rider Mach. Rides a bike, has toy bikes that slot into his belt Faiz phone style. Silhouette looks like Cyclone. Colour scheme looks like IXA.
It's Machine Chaser's Rider upgrade.

- Movie toys.
Gaim Car gives Drive a new form with a tire on his head samurai straw hat style, and the Daidaimaru and Musou Saber. Drive Lockseed gives Gaim that steering wheel sword and the door gun.

I didn't read anything about
Mach being Chaser's upgrade?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 31

We actually had a monster whose power was flipping tables. I think it's time to shut it down, you can't top that.
Really though, what's up with the plastic furniture lately?

Right was... actually kind of decent this episode. Taking on essentially all the main villains alone.
Not a fan of the Rainbow Line President. He's meant to be unsettling right?
I am curious what the darkness over-exposure is doing to them.

Next week:
*sees Golden Train Zord* Wow, it looks way better than the toy.

Midonin

The toy basically "transforms" by folding the terminal into itself, showing its backside and using the Hyper train as the head. Even SaiDaiOh had a more involved transformation than that.

I get the impression that Chase will be the Rider equivalent of an
undercover cop. With Mashin Chaser being his Roidmude cover and Mach being his true form.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh wow, OZC-Live continued releasing the BD Versions of Kamen Rider W, except only in 720p.

My RSS Search was for the 1080p version only, and I thought they never got past episode 6... :S

I wonder if I should watch Drive and W simultaneously. I'm always afraid that both stories will meld in my brain as one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow, this is a surprisingly good ep of ToQger

also dat creepy bunny

could someone gif that tables in house getting flipped? that could get some mileage

javadoze

My girlfriend pointed out the same idea when I told her about
Mach

I get the impression that Chase will be the Rider equivalent of an
undercover cop. With Mashin Chaser being his Roidmude cover and Mach being his true form.

Or maybe the other way around? Maybe Mashin Chaser is his true identity and then a little later in the series he'll become Mach in order to infiltrate the Special Crimes Unit?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Woah, Ultraman Max is going to be streamed on Crunchyroll...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...rsweet-love-patisserie-anime-and-ultraman-max

I0MoLY3.png

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I watched the first episode of Kamen Rider Drive, too early to give thoughts since it's the first episode but I like the suit and the tire form.

This is also my first rider show where the belt is a character... I am okay with it.

BatDan

With TVN subs awwww yeah.

The screwed up thing is that if CR gets Super Hero Time subs, the TV-Nihon followers will hate them because they lack flashy effects and they actually translate, rather than leave as much shit untranslated as possible.

WillyFive

The screwed up thing is that if CR gets Super Hero Time subs, the TV-Nihon followers will hate them because they lack flashy effects and they actually translate, rather than leave as much shit untranslated as possible.

I wonder what the official Zyuranger subs will be like; so far they have been referring to the show as Super Sentai Zyuranger, instead of Kyoryu Sentai or Dino Squadron (Squadron was the usual translation for Sentai in past official subs/dubs in other languages).

BatDan

I wonder what the official Zyuranger subs will be like; so far they have been referring to the show as Super Sentai Zyuranger, instead of Kyoryu Sentai or Dino Squadron (Squadron was the usual translation for Sentai in past official subs/dubs in other languages).

They stated they will be faithful translations. I get the feeling "Super Sentai Zyuranger" is the title for people that don't get it.

Plus, it hopefully won't mean "Geki will be called Jason, and Burai will be called Tommy".

BatDan

Must have taken that from the Ground Outdoor Operational Network General-Purpose Explorational Rover

I really have to give RPM credit for addressing the oddness of the stock footage rather than ignoring it. Which Super Megaforce has done non-stop (WHY ARE THEY PIRATES?!)

EDIT: SUPER SENTAI on the tires.

BatDan

Super Megaforce 14

... That sucked.

Oh yeah, that's totally Corinth, looks exactly like it.
Hand-waving "Corinth has been at peace" isn't going to fix that hole.

I guess "Gia speaks car" is the most development we're ever going to get out of her.
Sooo, if they could edit Datas from the Goseiger Megazord stock footage, why couldn't they edit the Go-Onger and Super Sentai off the tires?

Also, awful original CGI.

Noah: Say Gosei, how did Professor Cog survive the events of Clash of the Red Rangers?
Gosei: There's a simple explanation for that.
Noah: ... Of course...

Oh and poop joke at the end... yeeeeep...

jwk94

Yeah, it was very distracting on RPM having footage with talking Zords but no words coming out. They thought no one would notice, bit it just looked like the Zords had broken flapping parts.

Didn't really seem like a big issue. I know my roommate who hasn't seen Go-Onger didn't say anything about it.

WillyFive

Didn't really seem like a big issue. I know my roommate who hasn't seen Go-Onger didn't say anything about it.

Well, the cheap ugly filter they put in every scene and the horrific 4:3 aspect ratio stretching was more notifiable for me, but once I got used to that, the Zords started to sick out more.

BatDan

Abaranger 48

Mikoto no! I mean... I knew it would happen (Gokaiger spoiled it) but damn...

I know it's silly to spoiler tag an 11 year old season but... eh.

I-S will release the final two episodes soon.

I gotta ask TokuGAF for advice here. I've been looking into which Kamen Rider series to watch next and after watching the Heisei vs Showa movie it's between 555 or Gaim with 555 seeming much cooler. Other suggestions are welcome too since I haven't seen many (only W, Fourze and Den-0)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I gotta ask TokuGAF for advice here. I've been looking into which Kamen Rider series to watch next and after watching the Heisei vs Showa movie it's between 555 or Gaim with 555 seeming much cooler. Other suggestions are welcome too since I haven't seen many (only W, Fourze and Den-0)

they have parallels, but gaim has the better ending

I love Faiz... but there's a good 15 episodes of nothing but easy to fix misunderstandings that easily frustrated me. You've been warned.

Top Bottom