• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

LostAnkh

I gotta ask TokuGAF for advice here. I've been looking into which Kamen Rider series to watch next and after watching the Heisei vs Showa movie it's between 555 or Gaim with 555 seeming much cooler. Other suggestions are welcome too since I haven't seen many (only W, Fourze and Den-0)
Faiz is fun to watch, but it's not worth watching for the story and subplots that go nowhere. H vs S kinda establishes the retcon that Decade placed on the Heisei continuity, so you don't have to worry about spoilers when you watch H vs S.

I'd recommend Gaim over Faiz any day.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
o0fbWLn.jpg

KAMEN RIDER.

Also I thought the monster just calling him that was a pretty lame way of introducing the name to the show.

B5Fe8ys.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This comment from Alison MacInnis (Dana in Lightspeed Rescue) confirms what fans felt about the Legend War

iBNfdjs.jpg

Yep... last minute & rushed. No wonder Tzachor is off the show now.

jwk94

This comment from Alison MacInnis (Dana in Lightspeed Rescue) confirms what fans felt about the Legend War

iBNfdjs.jpg

Yep... last minute & rushed. No wonder Tzachor is off the show now.

I'm still amazed that someone managed to fuck up such a huge opportunity that we won't ever have again smh. How do you not budget for something you know you're going to have to do in two years? None of this makes any sense.

BatDan

I'm still amazed that someone managed to fuck up such a huge opportunity that we won't ever have again smh. How do you not budget for something you know you're going to have to do in two years? None of this makes any sense.

And it's not like this was an unknown thing, the Gokaiger Legend War went VIRAL. It was on so many different humor sites as "Every Power Ranger ever". Which I think is a big part of the disappointment. The PR Legend War was mostly Sentai footage, and we've already seen that.

There's claims that Tzachor didn't even want cameos or to do the Legend War, but marketing told him to fucking do it. I really hope the NDAs expire soon so we can get all the details from the crew and actors.

jwk94

And it's not like this was an unknown thing, the Gokaiger Legend War went VIRAL. It was on so many different humor sites as "Every Power Ranger ever". Which I think is a big part of the disappointment. The PR Legend War was mostly Sentai footage, and we've already seen that.

There's claims that Tzachor didn't even want cameos or to do the Legend War, but marketing told him to fucking do it. I really hope the NDAs expire soon so we can get all the details from the crew and actors.

Those would be some interesting interviews. The fact that the Disney rangers didn't get invited when they're already there surprised me the most. We could have at least gotten a sub-par SPD reunion but nope.

Tenumi

Banned
Probably my biggest disappointment was that they didn't bother with what would be the Ninja Storm episode. Would've been so great to have that team up, and not much extra footage would've even been needed! But no, NS Megazord power up out of nowhere.

WillyFive

Those would be some interesting interviews. The fact that the Disney rangers didn't get invited when they're already there surprised me the most. We could have at least gotten a sub-par SPD reunion but nope.

It's crazy that the least they could have done for the SPD episode was to get someone in a Kruger suit and have a voice that sounds remotely like him; but they couldn't even do that.

BatDan

One idea I read is a couple of kids see the Armada setting up whatever plan, they get spotted and taken hostage, the Rangers rescue them, turning into SPD in the process. They ask their names, and the girl says "I'm Z, and this is Jack".

But that would require effort, and they couldn't have THAT this year.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Drive 2

sooo...
do you guys think foundation X might be behind another set of villains? tossing out the phrase kamen rider which seems to be some sort of secret definitely is gonna have some sort of impact

NeonZ

The Drive shown in flashbacks has been teased by a magazine as a movie Rider, so it's very likely we'll go back to Movie Wars tied to the main story. That doesn't necessarily mean Foundation X though.

So far, Foundation X has been only associated with a certain producer who retired from the franchise. Still, both writers for Drive did write Foundation X related matter before, so it's possible they could bring it back by themselves.

shaowebb

Just got back from Tsubasacon. I ended up with two blind box Kamen Riders and an original out of box MOOK figure from the Showa era.

I'm about to open these bad boys up. Possible things I could get...

X095aJj.jpg

To be continued...

Chase is Mr. Belt's son and that the Mach Driver is the pre-cursor to the Drive Driver which would explain his transformation into Mashin Chaser which is the corrupted Roimude version of the Mach Driver's transformation. Which you could use to explain why Drive is in the Trideron instead of a motorcycle like previous riders before him. I just want to know how Kiriko figures into all of this? Mr. Belt's daughter, maybe?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I want a Drive and W crossover movie. Shinnosuke and Shotaro on a case together would be amazing.

I actually do think it'll happen. There's too many obvious similarities, the staff is nearly the same, and they've introduced Shotaro to the younger fans who weren't around when W was airing through Heisei vs Showa. So yeah, I do think that at some point, Shinnosuke and Shotaro are going to meet.

jwk94

You know what would be funny? If the Dino Charge team up was just the Super Mega rangers transforming into the MMPR and Dino Thunder rangers instead of getting the past cast back.

It's crazy that the least they could have done for the SPD episode was to get someone in a Kruger suit and have a voice that sounds remotely like him; but they couldn't even do that.
They could have even gotten mr. ball of light back.

One idea I read is a couple of kids see the Armada setting up whatever plan, they get spotted and taken hostage, the Rangers rescue them, turning into SPD in the process. They ask their names, and the girl says "I'm Z, and this is Jack".

But that would require effort, and they couldn't have THAT this year.

I'll be honest. I started reading this and rolled my eyes then I got to the end and smiled. Super Mega was such a disappointment.

vareon

I actually do think it'll happen. There's too many obvious similarities, the staff is nearly the same, and they've introduced Shotaro to the younger fans who weren't around when W was airing through Heisei vs Showa. So yeah, I do think that at some point, Shinnosuke and Shotaro are going to meet.

This is one thing that COULD happen as Kiriyama's returned a few times, and Rider crossovers are an easier thing nowadays. Maybe done in W Returns or Drive Returns style next year. However Kiriyama might have another shooting schedule so it won't be as easy as it sounds.

shaowebb

If there's any justice in the world you'll get Skull.

Uwp45DS.jpg

Justice is served.
Also even though Decade's show fell apart Tsukasa is one of my favorite Riders as a character and I love his movie reappearances a lot. I am more than happy I ended up with a Decade as my other figure.

Awesome grabs :)

shaowebb

Great acquisitions shaowebb =D

I love the Shocker grunts.

That same vendor had the Shocker mook last year too. No one buys her old retro collectibles at conventions. She also had a really old Inazuman, and a few of the monsters from those old shows too. Looked like a dude with Bat wings sorta like in the early episodes of Kuuga or something.

Also I saw a Gobuster Red this year with motorcycle for $40. I passed on it but was sorely tempted as Gokaiger and Gobuster were the only two Sentai I've had an interest in seeing. Other than that though not much Toku/Sentai there. Saw a Wizard Infinite and two kinds of Beast Hyper figures. Also I saw a large scale Wizard and Beast and a single large scale figure from Gaim ...it was Michi though :C

Oh well, any way it goes I scored big with my Skull, Decade, and Mook. Couldn't be much happier unless I went in for a third and landed OOO's somehow. Maybe someday later...

So I am finally getting back to watching some Shinkenger and....

How are there not more Shinken Gold gifs out there?
This dude is amazing.

Unless this show falls apart in the later half, it is shaping up to be a favorite.

WillyFive

So I am finally getting back to watching some Shinkenger and....

How are there not more Shinken Gold gifs out there?
This dude is amazing.

Unless this show falls apart in the later half, it is shaping up to be a favorite.

The toku fan base was not as big as it is today back when Shinkenger aired.

And no, Shinkenger's end game is what makes it legendary even today.

BatDan

I-S has released the final two episodes of Abaranger.
So if you were waiting for the entire series to be released, you can watch now.

I don't understand the complaints I-S gets...

BatDan

Bakaryuu Sentai Abaranger (complete)

And thus, I have seen all three Dinosaur-themed Sentai (until 2025 at least... I'm sure they'll do another then).

I'd say it ties with Kyoryuger. Mikoto Nakodai really makes the season shine, by being a bad guy pretty much through the whole thing and basking in the ham of it.
Ryoga is an awesome Red, always pulling through with plans. Plus he's a good dad (even though Mai's his niece but he's really more of a dad).

I don't get why people claim this is a "parody" season. It has wacky episodes sure (Bucky Bonds, the fishing anime one) but most of the time it's played fairly straight. It's not Carranger wacky. Maybe that claim is from from people that only watched "Lost and Found in Translation"

Dezmozorla is fucked up. I mean, he essentially raped Maharo and his "true" body is a tentacle beast. This is a kid's show right?

I did notice a theme with all the Dinosaur Sentai. All the Reds get a major power-up just for them. Geki got Burai's armor, Ryoga got AbareMax, and Daigo got Carnival.

They definitely use an ugly ass font.

Eeeh, I've seen worse *looks at TVN's Goseiger font*

Bikkun

Neo Member
Wait, what font are you talking about? There's the font we intend and there's the font that some people get anyway. Here's the font you're supposed to be getting.

4QeJYtp.png

Top Bottom