• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

javadoze

Next Sentai trademark has been filed. The 39th Sentai will be Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.

zej9UyH.jpg

So it seems the 10 year thing of Toei doing a Dino/Ninja Sentai is still going strong. Now to wait two months before getting any actual details on it. It'll be interesting to see who will pick up the reins since Kobayashi and Sanjo can't possibly do this show.

Next Sentai trademark has been filed. The 39th Sentai will be Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.

zej9UyH.jpg

So it seems the 10 year thing of Toei doing a Dino/Ninja Sentai is still going strong. Now to wait two months before getting any actual details on it. It'll be interesting to see who will pick up the reins since Kobayashi and Sanjo can't possibly do this show.

Nobody's found it in the database yet and won't until 9am Japan time, so we have to wait to find out one way or the other.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninjas again huh? I guess this means we'll get a Ninninger vs ToQger movie where the train people are side-lined for a big battle with Ninninger, Hurricanger and Kakuranger.

I do hope it's a different name though... Ninninger is just awkward.

Images for the Movie Wars have started showing up. Proto-Drive appears and so does a new rider, Kamen Rider Lupin

A world-class thief Rider? Awesome!

jwk94

I guess another Ninja Sentai means Saban Brands can skip adapting ToQger in 2017. Unless Nickleoden drops them if Dino Charge ends up being crap (I hope not but you never know).

World-class thief Rider! Nice!

If they brought back the Ninja Storm rangers (would never happen) for a team-up, I would be all for skipping ToQger.

Heroman

Banned
Gaf ,what new in the world of toku, for some reason I stop wacthing the shows. Was kamen rider gaim good, Is the new rider show good ,and is toqger any good?

How's ToQer right now?

I haven't watched since ep 24 or 25 I think? All I really remember is evil guy has a monster form & stopped

It's been a lot cooler lately. I missed like three or four episodes recently and watching them all at once was fun. The marathon should work well for you. All Kobayashi shows do better when you marathon it.

Ninjas again huh? I guess this means we'll get a Ninninger vs ToQger movie where the train people are side-lined for a big battle with Ninninger, Hurricanger and Kakuranger.

I do hope it's a different name though... Ninninger is just awkward.

No, no, no! Go-Busters got the ass side of this when they wanted to play Dinosaurs last year. ToQGer will be deserving of a lot better seeing where the show's going and seeing that no way in hell we get a clean finish without a movie to explain what's going on. If they can pull of the Ninja team-up without this happening then please go nuts.

Toei Naming Conventions said:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

We is our own worst kage! Ninja Train is Coming!

WillyFive

Gaf what new in the world of toku, for some reason I stop wacthing the shows. Was kamen rider gaim good, Is the new rider show good ,and is toqger any good?

Kamen Rider Gaim is one of the best Rider shows ever.

Too early to tell with Drive, it just got started.

ToQger is a lot of bland with a few spikes of great. Like Edag said, it will work a lot better as a marathon.

Heroman

Banned
Kamen Rider Gaim is one of the best Rider shows ever.

Too early to tell with Drive, it just got started.

ToQger is a lot of bland with a few spikes of great. Like Edag said, it will work a lot better as a marathon.

Well I guess I is time to get back to watching them than

WillyFive

Only thing the Go-Busters missed out on was a teamup morph with Kyoryuger. Outside of that, they were on-point on the movie; they did more than the Kyoryugers did.

While the Kyoryugers were brain-washed, going on their Land Before Time adventure, and then getting beat up by a billion Sakamoto mooks, the Go-Busters were busy actually freeing the Abarangers and Zyurangers, saving the world, and once they were done with that, they hopped on the Kyoryuger mech and took down the main monster. If anything, the Kyoryugers got the short end.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Only thing the Go-Busters missed out on was a teamup morph with Kyoryuger. Outside of that, they were on-point on the movie; they did more than the Kyoryugers did.

While the Kyoryugers were brain-washed, going on their Land Before Time adventure, and then getting beat up by a billion Sakamoto mooks, the Go-Busters were busy actually freeing the Abarangers and Zyurangers, saving the world, and once they were done with that, they hopped on the Kyoryuger mech and took down the main monster. If anything, the Kyoryugers got the short end.

Yeah but the Go-Busters genius plan was to have the Kyoryugers go to the bad guy's place so they could have their shit stolen. Though that was the only thing I thought was dumb about the Go-Busters side of things.

As for Toq, I stopped after Right uses Hyper. I really didn't even hate the episode, just kind of not interested in where any of it was going. Pretty much disliked all the hero characters except for Tokatti and wasn't interested in any of the villain in fighting. Z has a cool monster form though, if there's anything I'll take away from the show is that that costume is great.

WarRock

Gaf ,what new in the world of toku, for some reason I stop wacthing the shows. Was kamen rider gaim good, Is the new rider show good ,and is toqger any good?
Yes, yes, dunno.

No, no, no! Go-Busters got the ass side of this when they wanted to play Dinosaurs last year. ToQGer will be deserving of a lot better seeing where the show's going and seeing that no way in hell we get a clean finish without a movie to explain what's going on. If they can pull of the Ninja team-up without this happening then please go nuts.
The world does not deserve the Busters )=

Did they though? I thought they looked fine in the movie.

Maybe it was just me looking for some Go-Busters closure and not getting what I wanted as someone who was invested in those characters.

I still think the whole Dino Team Up still overshadowed any closure outside of
Jin
which I still think could've been better IMHO.

The world does not deserve the Busters )=

Go-Busters had to follow Gokaiger and I think they did a wonderful job and I'm in the minority on that one.

Kids shitted on them so hard they had to change the music which in turn has Saban shitting on it because they think "Under Handed Pitch: The Show: The Series" won't make any money! Go-Busters just can't win!

WarRock

I know man. It was sad watching the movies and noticing that was going to be the last time seeing them.

Great series, great characters, amazing suits and fights.

Busters ready gooooo

Liked the ideas, liked the suits, liked the concept.

The execution outside of Stag and Enter? Meeeeeeeeeeh.

Hiromu and the rest were just so goddamn bland as shit. Like, that's the hook you hang the show on. Marvelous and co were One Piece xeroxes, but I like One Piece, so it worked. Same with Daigo Sentai.

BatDan

Liked the ideas, liked the suits, liked the concept.

The execution outside of Stag and Enter? Meeeeeeeeeeh.

Hiromu and the rest were just so goddamn bland as shit. Like, that's the hook you hang the show on. Marvelous and co were One Piece xeroxes, but I like One Piece, so it worked. Same with Daigo Sentai.

It feels like Toei has been taking Luffy's attributes and applying them to various Red Rangers
Marvelous: His leadership and bravery
Daigo: His optimism and child-like innocence
Right: ... He likes food.

It feels like Toei has been taking Luffy's attributes and applying them to various Red Rangers
Marvelous: His leadership and bravery
Daigo: His optimism and child-like innocence
Right: ... He likes food.

Given the $$$ OP gets why not apply & see if it works. So far it's been great, except for Right...bleh

BatDan

Given the $$$ OP gets why not apply & see if it works. So far it's been great, except for Right...bleh

Oh I know about the money One Piece makes. Oda can probably Scrooge McDuck into a pile of yen every night (but chooses not to so he can keep working)

And yeah, it has worked for Marvelous and Daigo (despite the venom that Kyoryuger seems to exude). Right is just annoying. He has been getting good moments ever since Hyper Express came into the picture, but before that I couldn't stand him. 2014 is still the year of terrible Red Rangers *glares at Troy*

ReiGun

I mean, we're about due for another serious, "don't take no shit" Red, like Akashi (Bouken) or Takeru (Shinken).

I was hoping we'd get one after Daigo, but then Toei unleashed Right on us and now I don't know what I believe in.

Today I was thinking about how I'd love an art themed Sentai and how that would have been way more fitting for ToQger's imagination motif than fucking trains.

jwk94

I was hoping we'd get one after Daigo, but then Toei unleashed Right on us and now I don't know what I believe in.

Today I was thinking about how I'd love an art themed Sentai and how that would have been way more fitting for ToQger's imagination motif than fucking trains.

What would they morpher be? A paint brush? Hell, they could team up with the Shinkengers and have kanji wars lol.

Slayven

Like Red could be a painter?

Blue a writer?

Yellow a sculptor?

Top Bottom