• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pretty often, especially from W-Fourze.

Also, it isn't official for Mashin Chaser, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it until they officially announce it.

Gotcha.
Found a list of KR Figuarts. Ooh, the Zodiarts have figures. Nice.

jwk94

Wait, what's the legality behind logos? I was browsing this site and I noticed the Saban logo with differnt colors.

logo.png

vareon

How often do villains get FIguarts?
I just heard Machine Chaser is getting one.

I'd say Chaser has a pretty good chance of being released. Might even be a regular release, even, but who knows.

I'd say his prototype has a better proportion than the suit, even.

pK43vtQ.jpg

WarRock

Hah, I actually was reading about that a month or two ago. Unfortunately, neither my English or my US law knowledge is good enough to elaborate on the issue, but...

Logos can be registered or not. I would bet that Saban's is, and in that case, whoever those guys are, they are screwed.

It's the same for anything; logos, products, services. That's why there is the ™ and the ® symbols. How much money you want to to spend to protect that identity (and how much you legal grounds you will have to protect it) varies if you want to register it or no.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I dunno, Saban doesn't seem like the type of company to go out of their way to sue someone...

jwk94

Hah, I actually was reading about that a month or two ago. Unfortunately, neither my English or my US law knowledge is good enough to elaborate on the issue, but...

Logos can be registered or not. I would bet that Saban's is, and in that case, whoever those guys are, they are screwed.

It's the same for anything; logos, products, services. That's why there is the ™ and the ® symbols. How much money you want to to spend to protect that identity (and how much you legal grounds you will have to protect it) varies if you want to register it or no.

Well that's interesting. Thanks for the info!

javadoze

I'd say Chaser has a pretty good chance of being released. Might even be a regular release, even, but who knows.

I'd say his prototype has a better proportion than the suit, even.

pK43vtQ.jpg

It'd be baffling to have such an incredible amount of detail put into the Machine Chaser suit and not make a figuart of it.

Slayven

It'd be baffling to have such an incredible amount of detail put into the Machine Chaser suit and not make a figuart of it.

You be amazed how far prototypes can get before getting scrapped. They had a Unicron toy for the Transformers animated movie that ready to go but didn't release it.

BatDan

ToQger 36

Smash Bros is pretty awesome guys.
Oh right the episode.

I kind of hoped there would be more to the teacher thing, instead she was just a university student. Oh well...
At least it kind of gave Hikari some more development.
And for once Right's stupidity was kind of useful, even if it didn't last. Still think he's a terrible Red Ranger though...

Next week is a Tokatti episode so that should be good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

WarRock

Shaider subs incoming?

Seeing that the Kamen Riders Decade/Double/Faiz/X Returns sections of Heisei VS Showa were the best parts of that movie, I'm glad that they're doing something similar for this next one.

...I keep forgetting to watch that movie.

BatDan

Legendary battle is up on Netflix

Pulled the trigger on that a bit early...

Also, the "rumored" extended edition is real. It's airing on Monday at 11 PM EST on Nicktoons (the sister network of Nickelodeon that airs old stuff).

Putting it on a channel that isn't in as many homes and in a terrible timeslot. Keep up the stellar work Nickelodeon!

jwk94

Pulled the trigger on that a bit early...

Also, the "rumored" extended edition is real. It's airing on Monday at 11 PM EST on Nicktoons (the sister network of Nickelodeon that airs old stuff).

Putting it on a channel that isn't in as many homes and in a terrible timeslot. Keep up the stellar work Nickelodeon!
Yep in pretty bad about that. I have no way of watching it now.

BatDan

"RANGERS?! On my ship?!"
It's more likely than you think Mavro

I still can't believe they left out the Zyuranger tribute scene with Gai transferring the Dragon Armor to Marvelous. That was fucking perfect for PR

jwk94

Do we know why Prince Vekar's voice changed from Megaforce to Ep 3 of SMF?

"RANGERS?! On my ship?!"

I still can't believe the left out the Zyuranger tribute scene with Gai transferring the Dragon Armor to Marvelous. That was fucking perfect for PR

Yeah leaving that out made no sense.

And that's that! Dino Charge trailer was interesting.

Slayven

"RANGERS?! On my ship?!"

I still can't believe they left out the Zyuranger tribute scene with Gai transferring the Dragon Armor to Marvelous. That was fucking perfect for PR
Yeah all that great footage just thrown in ht bushes

"I am so pumpted up I don't have to power up"

Them trying to fix plot holes actually makes them worse.

Is that Six from Blossom?

Toku Blasphemy.

BatDan

Super Megaforce FINALE (fucking finally)

I knew the Legend War was going to be disappointing, I saw the leaked video months ago. And yet I'm still disappointed! That takes effort.
And THIS is what's been built up for two years. A small fight against foot soldiers. No leader, no old villains, not even past foot soldiers. All inter-spliced with Gokaiger footage that still included Ryu Ranger.
"I dreamed about this!" A plot element that was dropped after 10 episodes. Seriously, nothing about this?
Of course, why explain that when they can't even explain how Robo Knight suddenly came back from the dead to fight, and then just disappears after that. What was that?! My guess? Sakamoto shot scenes with Robo Knight since that was the plan with the dreams, but they didn't tell him they were going to kill him off.
It really does feel like there was no communication between writers or anyone.

And Gosei doesn't even appear outside of a voice cameo. Worst mentor ever.
And what was up with the ending? They go into space? What was that? What did they do?
"Well that was fun, let's go home!" This doesn't feel like a finale, it feels like just another episode.
Oh and I guess Jake and Gia are a couple now. Never mind Jake acting like a creep the entire season... There's a moral for the boys. "If a girl isn't accepting your advances, just keep at it and eventually she'll give in".

And sadly, it's not entirely over. There's still the extended episode...

On the bright side, Dino Charge trailer.
ORIGINAL VILLAIN! Took long enough!
"It's morphin' time!" eeeeh... I guess that's something that's going to stick no matter what. At least it's not "Go Go Dino Charge".

Do we know why Prince Vekar's voice changed from Megaforce to Ep 3 of SMF?

Yeah leaving that out made no sense.

And that's that! Dino Charge trailer was interesting.

It makes sense when you realize they

a) Don't care about making a show for the fans and

b) Don't even understand Power Rangers history outside of "TOMMYTOMMYTOMMYTOMMYTOMMY".

jwk94

I think it's funny people are angry about the "It's morphin time" in the Dino Charge morph. That's the first thing you should have expected given the dino season.

It makes sense when you realize they

a) Don't care about making a show for the fans and

b) Don't even understand Power Rangers history outside of "TOMMYTOMMYTOMMYTOMMYTOMMY".

Right but adding that part in would imply they understood the whole "tommy" aspect at all.

Takao

Banned
i tried to survive on netflix but
big bad beetleborgs might actually be bad for your health
i can't believe people got paid to write this

jwk94

i tried to survive on netflix but
big bad beetleborgs might actually be bad for your health
i can't believe people got paid to write this

Huh, I didn't know you were part of TokuGAF. I tried watching Beetle Borgs a few months ago and pretty much had the same reaction. I loved it as a kid though.

Takao

Banned
they do?!

they go meet the creator of the beetleborgs comics which is something that should've been done in like episode 2 but hey the writers needed more time for bulk and skull the rich kid edition (why do these characters exist when the house monsters are pretty much nothing but comedic relief?)

jwk94

I kinda want the Dino supercharge team up to be a mixture of Super mega Rangers, Dino thunder, and mmpr Rangers. Really, I just want one more chance with the super mega powers and team.

Didn't know we were getting a PR original villain. Should have expected it of course, but I was curious to see how they'd do the Deboss Legion.
We'll probably get Dogold and Chaos somehow.

BatDan

Behind the scenes pictures show that Dogold is confirmed. I think he's been renamed "Fury".

LostAnkh

So I hear that SMF's "Legendary" Battle is getting an extended episode release next Monday. What are you guys expecting from the extra 20 mins?

I only expect more original footage for the Legendary Battle and some more lines from the Rangers that didn't get any in the final cut.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I kinda want the Dino supercharge team up to be a mixture of Super mega Rangers, Dino thunder, and mmpr Rangers. Really, I just want one more chance with the super mega powers and team.

We'll probably get Dogold and Chaos somehow.

What if the Dino thunder people are just Troy and friends turning into them? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Top Bottom