• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Tenumi

Banned
Watching the marathon of Power Ranger episodes on Nicktoons really isn't helping Super Megaforce for me. I really like SPD and Dino Thunder while i watched them, and this is really pointing out how much better they were.

On a side note, SPD makes me a little more sad about no Go-Busters adaptation, because such an adaptation would likely have had team uniforms.

Corgi

Banned
watching a few more eps of garo latest season (eps 7 or 8 or so).

This really is just a retread lol.

Even got the same damn horse.

Quite disappointed when Yami had a neat twist on the suit and ability.

Wish he had some other changes, like a shield or something else.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Super Megaforce EXTENDED Finale

So, here's what I could tell was different.
During the Megazord battle with Levira, they use Changeman (or was it Maskman's) Greater Power
They do a Mystic Force legendary morph (the one from Gokai 49)
They fucking extended the New Powers footage. Basically, the entire Gokaiger fight minus VulEagle.
They extended Tommy's "rescuing the kid" scene because "herp nostalgia herp"
"You could be a superhero someday" Argh!
A new scene taking out Bruisers
HOLY CRAP THEY DID THE MMPR SHIELD SWAP! Why was that not in the original?!
The fight with Mavro on the ship seems longer
Mavro survived! Meaning they get to do the Legendary Morph beatdown!
EDIT: Forgot to mention, they do a helmetless roll call exactly like Gokaiger. Orion even does Gai's pose (I know there's a video of Cameron Jebo doing it on a livestream, but that's different).
They edit out all the Pre-Zyu teams (Dairanger is kept though...). Orion turns into Robo Knight. There's finally a Lightspeed Rescue morph! Was that so hard?
The Super Mode morph is called "Legendary Battlizer", even though those aren't Battlizers.
They show each guest star Ranger putting their helmet on one at a time, ending on Karone who looks at her helmet and says "I love being a Power Ranger", with a brief flash of Astronama's face before she puts the helmet on.

The war is... unchanged. Again, I question why they brought in Sakamoto when his footage was barely used. There's still no explanation for Robo Knight reappearing.

Does this change anything? Not really... season is still garbage. At least they added some of the better Gokaiger scenes.

EDIT: Here's the extended version

Midonin

This season has a bad habit of Sentai terminology leaking in, and Emma saying "Magibolt!" ticked me off a little. Mystic Force is hardly my favorite season, but get the terminology of your own show right.

Friggin' MagiBolt, not even Disney was this lazy.

The only good things about this extended edit were the Shield swap, Lightspeed finally having a morph, Orion having closure on his end, and Karone's line...other than that? terrible.

WillyFive

The buildup during the episode to the actual battle itself was at least well done, but darn was that whole thing stupid. And Saban's idea of an extended episode is to add more inappropriate Sentai footage and make a really cheap, cheap looking recreation of the Gokaiger final roll call? Also, Roboknight is revealed to be alive all of a sudden for one tiny scene, after making a big deal that he died....

The buildup during the episode to the actual battle itself was at least well done, but darn was that whole thing stupid. And Saban's idea of an extended episode is to add more inappropriate Sentai footage and make a really cheap, cheap looking recreation of the Gokaiger final roll call? Also, Roboknight is revealed to be alive all of a sudden for one tiny scene, after making a big deal that he died....

Well, they spent half of the second to last episode on the goodbye of a Ranger that was in like, 7 episodes just for him to come back like, 15 minutes later.

BatDan

Kamen Rider Drive 07

At least that's one way to get in the "humans are the true monsters" motif for KR, making them partners for the Roidmudes
More Spider-Man vibes from this episode.

ToQger 37

We finally know what Schwartz' deal with Akira was. I imagine this will play into Akira's desire for death.
I guess that's kind of development for Tokatti?

Super Megaforce FINALE: The Let's Do It Again Extended Edition

Still ass but a better overall as a 2 parter. I even understand why it was cut because Nick is full of shit but that's nothing new.

BatDan mostly explained all the additional stuff but there was one thing I do want to bring up.

During the scene where the Legendary Rangers appear they take the time to work Tommy out of every possible shot he'd actually be in but nobody else got the same treatment which was weird not withstanding the whole feature him as the White Ranger but he "fights" as the Green Ranger.

Nothing's changed though. Show was a waste. So much bullshit that could've been easily done away with by actually giving a fuck.

I'm going to say the following knowing what's going to happen next because just like the show I'm done giving a shit!

This show was a disgrace to Power Rangers, Super Sentai and to every single fan of the franchise!

Yep, this franchise however is a 4 Life deal so Dino Charge don't let me down!

javadoze

Power Rangers Super Megaforce extended finale

Welp... That was an hour I'll never get back.

You know what's cheap to shoot and would actually be pretty decent fanservice?

Dialog.

Apparently no one at Saban at the time of shooting understood this. (Heck, I don't even think Mike, Emily, and Damon didn't even talk.)
--------
Throw us a bone for Dino Charge, Judd Lynn.

shaowebb

Man I don't even care if the movie is good or not...Kamen Rider Lupin looks to be the swankest Rider hands down in terms of looks. Wish this was a main show series protagonist Rider theme and design.

Uo93uJS.jpg

BatDan

What gets me are people saying "It's for kids, it doesn't have to be good".
Fuck. You.
I am so tired of that excuse, kids deserve better. They can be told good stories with well-rounded characters, being for kids is not an excuse to half-ass it.
Just look at past PR seasons and see. KR & Sentai. Being for kids is never an excuse.

Not to mention that this was an anniversary season, something intended to attract older fans along with kids, and they screwed that up too.

The only time I want to hear about Megaforce now is about behind-the-scenes issues and the actors/production staff disowning it (Cameron Jebo already has).

jwk94

Power Rangers Super Megaforce extended finale

Welp... That was an hour I'll never get back.

You know what's cheap to shoot and would actually be pretty decent fanservice?

Dialog.

Apparently no one at Saban at the time of shooting understood this. (Heck, I don't even think Mike, Emily, and Damon didn't even talk.)
--------
Throw us a bone for Dino Charge, Judd Lynn.
Really? You can't think of a single positive thing to say?

javadoze

Really? You can't think of a single positive thing to say?
The 1 minute of footage we get of the past rangers doing stuff was pretty cool. But then again, with all of the trouble associated with flying them out to New Zealand, you'd think we'd get more out of that.

That's really the only positive thing I can think of...

jwk94

So I was re-watching the scene where the rangers get thrown out of the Legendary Megazord and look who I found!

The first shots of people falling out of the zord are the Gokaigers. Joe, Doc, and Marvelous make appearances. No Ahim, Luka, or Gai though.

Tenumi

Banned
Oh wow, a split second shot where nobodies faces are seen wasn't re-filmed. Color me shocked....

The expanded finale definitely felt better than the last two episodes separate. Would've rather seen them this way to begin with.

jwk94

Oh wow, a split second shot where nobodies faces are seen wasn't re-filmed. Color me shocked....

The expanded finale definitely felt better than the last two episodes separate. Would've rather seen them this way to begin with.

No need to be passive aggressive. I just thought it was interesting considering a second later they have the footage of the SMF rangers falling out of the zord in there. Kinda makes me wonder why they didn't just cut the Gokaiger clip out.

javadoze

Super MegaForce finale had me like

And another thing I forgot to mention

So the real reason why the legendary rangers didn't really help the whole season was because they were dead? Huh, go figure.

jwk94

Super MegaForce finale had me like

And another thing I forgot to mention

So the real reason why the legendary rangers didn't really help the whole season was because they were dead? Huh, go figure.

That's really not clarified. I guess you could put up a decent argument for it though, considering the way Casey disappeared during this cameo.

Corgi

Banned
Man I don't even care if the movie is good or not...Kamen Rider Lupin looks to be the swankest Rider hands down in terms of looks. Wish this was a main show series protagonist Rider theme and design.

Uo93uJS.jpg

It's like someone took one of those claw mass produced claw equipped rider suits in Wizard and Pimp My Ride the fuck out of it.

WillyFive

I've never thought about it, but now that I do, the past Rangers being dead makes a lot more sense than "We didn't help before because the invasion simply wasn't big enough, anyway let's all fly away into outer space guys".

javadoze

It's like someone took one of those claw mass produced claw equipped rider suits in Wizard and Pimp My Ride the fuck out of it.

Probably one of the strangest parts about Kamen Rider Lupin is that it looks pretty unrelated to the suits of Gaim or Drive (this strikes me as weird since most movie riders have some relation to the current series).

If anything, Kamen Rider Lupin seems more at home with something you would find in Wizard or Hibiki.

jwk94

Dino Charge blue is the Ciara Hanna of this season. How is this guy so hyped all the time? Actually, what's preventing the other rangers from being this hyped? Hell, what prevented the other Megaforce rangers from being as hyped or at least active as Ciara? Anyway, Dino Charge Blue posted his Kyoryu change video.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=810296482349254

I'm gonna guess this means no dance

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ninja Storm in hind sight was one of the best seasons.

thats always been an obvious one for me. even with a jokey villain, he rocked things. better than whatever the hell spds main villain was trying to do.

Dino Charge blue is the Ciara Hanna of this season. How is this guy so hyped all the time? Actually, what's preventing the other rangers from being this hyped? Hell, what prevented the other Megaforce rangers from being as hyped or at least active as Ciara? Anyway, Dino Charge Blue posted his Kyoryu change video.

why... why arent we getting this?

jwk94

why... why arent we getting this?

Because samba is too cool for kids of today. This honestly just makes me more interested to see what they replaced it with. In all honesty, I don't think we've ever had a season that was 1:1 with its counterpart's transformation. It would have been cool to have it this season but whatever.

Dance aside, they better keep the zord heads that shoot out of morpher when they morph. That part has so much potential for cool morphs.

BatDan

Yoshi's a total bro.
I imagine he's hyped since he's a Sentai fan.

jwk94

thats always been an obvious one for me. even with a jokey villain, he rocked things. better than whatever the hell spds main villain was trying to do.
I actually tried watching Ninja Storm again with my roommate after we finished RPM. We got through the first two episodes and couldn't take it anymore. That show was really corny....and then I gave it another shot by myself. Shit, Ninja Storm is really really good once you get past those first few episodes. Even as a kid I liked it somewhat but now? Hell, that's definitely one of my favorite seasons. The villains were some of the best in PR.

Yoshi's a total bro.
I imagine he's hyped since he's a Sentai fan.

Is he a PR fan too?

Speaking of which, has anyone ever asked the veteran rangers why they usually stop watching after they're done with their season? I always found that to be a little bit weird. It's as if they tarnished the show for themselves or something.

Corgi

Banned
with how much new footage using goseiger suits in super megaforce, curious why they didn't use gokaiger suits for the legendary war?

Well the show is pretty much 'why?' for most of it.

javadoze

I would be hyped too if I worked for (what looks to be) a better show than Super Megaforce and saw the Ninninger suits early before anyone else.

B2nG5rJIMAMA2XM.png:large

Lucky guy...

jwk94

with how much new footage using goseiger suits in super megaforce, curious why they didn't use gokaiger suits for the legendary war?

Well the show is pretty much 'why?' for most of it.

You didn't catch that? They were too pumped! Nevermind the world being at stake or anything.

I would be hyped too if I worked for (what looks to be) a better show than Super Megaforce and saw the Ninninger suits early before anyone else.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2nG5rJIMAMA2XM.png:large[/MG]

Lucky guy...[/QUOTE]

Wait, have we gotten any comments from the Samurai cast on their season? That NDA should be up by now, right?

javadoze

Corgi

Banned
watched a few more eps of Garo anime. Stuff is way more interesting than flower of makai.

But to be fair, flower of makai really stepped up the fight choreography.

vareon

This is the reason why I eagerly await Dino Charge news. His hype is infectious.

WillyFive

Dino Charge better deliver. It will be sad to see Blue be upset.

Because samba is too cool for kids of today. This honestly just makes me more interested to see what they replaced it with. In all honesty, I don't think we've ever had a season that was 1:1 with its counterpart's transformation. It would have been cool to have it this season but whatever..

Wild Force had the same transformation sequence as Gaoranger. Actually, Wild Force had mostly the same everything from Gaoranger.

BatDan

Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (complete)

Took me a while to get through this one, but it was just so boring!
The story arcs just dragged, the Gaorangers weren't that interesting (the whole "no real names" thing certainly didn't help), the only characters I enjoyed were Yabaiba and Tsuetsue (but man, their deaths were dark...). Even the Pokemon-esque nature of the Power Animals wasn't enough as new ones stopped appearing after a while.
Honestly, probably the weakest season I've watched so far.

Dino Charge better deliver. It will be sad to see Blue be upset.

Wild Force had the same transformation sequence as Gaoranger. Actually, Wild Force had mostly the same everything from Gaoranger.

And that's another reason Super Megaforce failed. Instead of recreating the PR morphs, they just use the Gokaiger footage. Sure they could get away with Wild Force since that's exactly like Gaoranger, but when they did Dekaranger instead of SPD... yeaah.
They even shot an original Dino Thunder morph to avoid Abare Pink, but didn't actually do the morph from the show (with the back-flips).

jwk94

Did anyone else think TJ was Jesus when he saved those people in the elevator? Dude's voice was so calm and soothing.

Top Bottom