• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

jwk94

So I hear that SMF's "Legendary" Battle is getting an extended episode release next Monday. What are you guys expecting from the extra 20 mins?

I only expect more original footage for the Legendary Battle and some more lines from the Rangers that didn't get any in the final cut.
We first learned about the extended episode from ciara tweeting about extra adr so it's probably that.

What if the Dino thunder people are just Troy and friends turning into them? Wouldn't that be hilarious?
Can't really say I would mind too much. I didn't really like Dino thunder.

Corgi

Banned
Was the reason Gobusters was skipped because of the lack of merch?

seems like the prevailing theory.

pulls a guy out under a pillar. checks his pulse.
you are gonna be alright

you could have a punctured lung or broken ribs or something.

And lol parents abandoned the kid that tommy saved :(

javadoze

Was the reason Gobusters was skipped because of the lack of merch?

Yep, this is probably it. Plus, how do you necessarily jump from an anniversary season with tons of collectables onto a season with little to nothing in regards to that? If anything, dinosaurs are probably the best guarantee for money after SMF's "anniversary blowout".

javadoze

After watching ToQger 36, I now know why the team suits were subpar...

To blow out the budget on the ToQ 0 and ToQ -100 suits.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After watching ToQger 36, I now know why the team suits were subpar...

To blow out the budget on the ToQ 0 and ToQ -100 suits.

Not only those, but 25 different suits for the color-changing gimmick, which seems to be dead now as they haven't done it in like 7 episodes.

We should get pictures of the Ninninger costumes some time next month right? With their official debut in January in the ToQger vs Kyoryuger movie.

javadoze

Not only those, but 25 different suits for the color-changing gimmick, which seems to be dead now as they haven't done it in like 7 episodes.

We should get pictures of the Ninninger costumes some time next month right? With their official debut in January in the ToQger vs Kyoryuger movie.

Probably early December for the early pictures and catalog scan while cast pictures are usually late December to early January if I remember right.

WillyFive

Reportedly it's toy sales. Gobusters didn't match Gokaiger or Kyoryuger.

Not only that, Kyoryuger was the most successful Sentai line in over 10 years (since Gaoranger). It was pretty much a double-whammy for Bandai to skip Go-Busters, you get to not have to spend another year with a flop, and jump straight into a huge success.

BatDan

1st trailer for Dino Charge with actual footage from the show

Villain's suit seems clunky, spaceship reminds me of SPD's villain ship. The rest of it seems not very impressive, but the stuff that could impress can't be shown on a short promo like that.

Late to the party man.

Just from a couple lines, this Red is a better actor than Troy.

I guess we'll have to accept that "It's Morphin Time" will always be there. Just like every Kamen Rider saying "Henshin".

WarRock

Watched Heisei vs Showa!

I'll just say two things about it:

1) Gen's voice is terrifying

2) Just give me a Decade webseries featuring some other RIder shenanigans occasionally Toei! Tsukasa is the ROAT.
emaMWgV.jpg

qcWgKZS.jpg

OBHZYSt.jpg

i83i8QN.jpg

WaKBGqO.jpg

Super Megaforce FINALE

That was an episode. That was a season. It was bad. Let us never talk about it again.

Oh, wait. There's that "extended" episode coming. Maybe that'll be better?
HIGHLY FUCKING DOUBT IT!

I'm going to give that "extended" episode a view and then I can say that Megaforce sucked balls from end to horrible end.

This show failed in all its promise but I called that way in advance hoping I'd be proven wrong. I was right and I don't feel good about it as a fan at all.

However...

Dino Charge Preview

The trailer was better than everything Megaforce. There might be some hope after all. Still salty at the no-duh easy peasy GoBusters adaptation but I heard they'd be getting some shine in Dino Charge so I'll take that. Maybe they see trains, skip it and go back to GoBusters and right into Ninninger afterwards.

Speaking of Ninninger, how do they do 40 and follow something as Gawdlike as Gokaiger?

There are two types of anniversary shows, the crossover kind (Decade, Gokaiger) and the homage kind (Boukenger, Fourze).

I imagine 40 will be of the latter.

Makes enough sense to me.

I'm in the middle of The One Who Shines In The Darkness so it'll be cool to have something to look forward to seeing as I'm enjoying what I'm seeing currently.

Corgi

Banned
So many garo. Interesting because I've always felt they ran out of ideas by season 3. It's not like toei stuff where every season has different gimmicks and abilities. Each season of garo is pretty much the same.

RangerBAD

So many garo. Interesting because I've always felt they ran out of ideas by season 3. It's not like toei stuff where every season has different gimmicks and abilities. Each season of garo is pretty much the same.

I think the 4th season was definitely weak. It spent way too many episodes away from the plot. I guess the point was Mayuri slowly regained her humaninty. To me Raiga was too "perfect". He never truly struggled except for as a young boy, but even then he didn't seem too troubled.
And Kouga and Kaoru being missing was a lost plot point too.
At least JAM Project is always awesome.

The anime is great and I'm glad to see it's getting another season.

vareon

3 (YamiTera/ The One who Shines in Darkness) was the high point of the series, also curiously the one isn't written or directed by Keita Amemiya. I don't know what they were thinking in 4 that it returns to the old formula and makes the entire season insignificant.

Thankfully the anime is closer to S3 and is good. Gold Storm, the movie featuring the cast from S3, is directed again by Amemiya so I don't know what to expect. Seems to me he's the culprit of the series' staleness.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Legendary battle is up on Netflix

Watching this now, this shits funny.

Dumb kid: MY NAME IS DANNY AND THIS IS BIGSLEY
Power Ranger actor there for the paycheck: NICE NAMES. *big dumb grin*

It really is like watching a bunch of 20 somethings playing characters that act like 5 year olds, but not like ToQ.

BatDan

Watching this now, this shits funny.

Dumb kid: MY NAME IS DANNY AND THIS IS BIGSLEY
Power Ranger actor there for the paycheck: NICE NAMES. *big dumb grin*

Surprisingly, that's meant to be an inside joke. That actor is Danny Slavin, playing Leo from Lost Galaxy. Still a terrible scene though.
Also, it's funny you mention paycheck when most of the old actors declined going because the pay was absolute shit. JDF probably did it for free since he's that desperate...

Corgi

Banned
curious if the extended battle has any out of suit action from these veterans.

Was easily the best part of Forever red seeing adults beat up mooks.

Slayven

This might be controversial, but "Once a Ranger" 10000x the job honoring and celebrating the franchise than all of supermega force.

BatDan

This might be controversial, but "Once a Ranger" 10000x the job honoring and celebrating the franchise than all of supermega force.

No arguments here.

To me, (Super) Megaforce felt like they wanted to do another standard season, but were forced by Bandai (and the Gokaiger footage) to make it an anniversary season.
Hell, there's claims that Tzachor didn't want to do the Legendary War, but he was forced to do it. Hence why it felt rushed and underwhelming.
Not to mention the complete lack of story. At least Samurai had a story, sure it was just poorly-translated Shinkenger, but it was a story! With Megaforce, why should I care about anything that happens?

"B-b-but Tommy!" I hate nostalgia-wanking...

WillyFive

Yes.

I don't think it was better overall (it was atrocious in many, many things that even SMF did decent in), but in honoring and celebrating the franchise? Boy, it's not even close; Once A Ranger was outstanding in it's effort.

BatDan

Nicktoons has been airing a marathon of old PR episodes leading up to the extended SMF finale tonight.

Once again, it's astonishing how different the quality between 90s Saban/Disney and Neo-Saban is. There's conflict, character, original fight scenes, better integration of Sentai footage, really baffling what happened (oh right, Tzachor).

Top Bottom