• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

jwk94

whole show should be shirtless.

Abs made Arrow popular.
No then there wouldn't be any excitement from the shirtlessness. I still remember seeing Leo's shirtless morph in Lost Galaxy. Lord have mercy.

Heard the Dino Charge theme. It's...pretty good. SUPER strong Digimon Frontier vibes. And of course, Go Go Power Rangers is in there, but it sounds good.

But goddamnit the "Rangers Forever, ______, all together" shit needs to stop. Why do they keep rehashing that one line?

(The theme's on the Dino Charge Scanner app, by the way.)

I don't have a problem with the rangers forever bit. If they want to use that to tie the seasons together, fine. But at least change the lyrics surrounding it. Dino Charge definitely does that well.

I demand a shirtless morph/training session this season!

https://twitter.com/Yoshistunts/status/538159461311860736

2x0h4dW.gif

Corgi

Banned
thread sure has gotten sexy!

Not saying i'd want something ridiculous like senran kagura, but the season finale final boss fight with the cast down to their he-man gear would be pretty rad.

I actually don't know how 'sexy' people can be on kids tv these days in the US.

jwk94

thread sure has gotten sexy!

Not saying i'd want something ridiculous like senran kagura, but the season finale final boss fight with the cast down to their he-man gear would be pretty rad.

I actually don't know how 'sexy' people can be on kids tv these days in the US.

I have a thing for shirtless rangers or training scenes in general. Leo and Jen's training scenes were always a delight for me as a kid.

What exactly are we defining as "sexy" here?

Tenumi

Banned
I'm totally OK with that.

Dino Charge theme is growing on me. I kind of groaned yesterday once the "Go go Power Rangers" bit started at first, but it feels a bit better now.

jwk94

I'm totally OK with that.

Dino Charge theme is growing on me. I kind of groaned yesterday once the "Go go Power Rangers" bit started at first, but it feels a bit better now.

After more listens than I would care to admit, I agree. Initially I was all "yeah this theme is awesoem" until it got to the "rangers together..." and then I kinda got mad but it grew on me as I kept listening to it. I really want to see the opening credits now. I need to see what goes along with the drums in the first few seconds and the "hold tight keep our power alive" and last "power rangers" bit.

vareon

Seeing Star Wars and the lightsaber discussion made me realize how I've been conditioned to see weird as shit weapons in tokusatsu that I rarely question practicality anymore.

WillyFive

Seeing Star Wars and the lightsaber discussion made me realize how I've been conditioned to see weird as shit weapons in tokusatsu that I rarely question practicality anymore.

It's not even weird; it's a simple claymore, except it's a lightsaber because Star Wars.

Albeit, you are right in that Toku has some really weird weapons, especially Hurricanger (one of them has a hoop).

Corgi

Banned
I mean gaf favorite xenoblade main weapon is a giant 2h sword with a lightsaber at the tip.

The movie one looks practical enough. Could be an old mode where the cross is some cooling mechanism.

So let's talk about impractical toku weapons.

I feel like there is a design flaw for kiva's sword to make it require pumping action after each attack.

Shotgun Sword forever.
tTUecce.gif

"How have we offended you?"
Denkamen.png

"Please forgive us!"
tumblr_nfk1pxzc4B1sqo325o1_250.gif

"Our lives are misery!"
3Dvq6i1.gif

"Life is but a nightmare."
1332631410251.jpg

jwk94

So claire (prolly Dino purple) is looking for a keyboard so she can cover the Dino Charge theme. This cast is awesome.

vareon

It's not even weird; it's a simple claymore, except it's a lightsaber because Star Wars.

Albeit, you are right in that Toku has some really weird weapons, especially Hurricanger (one of them has a hoop).

You can argue the the light-hilt thingy harms more than it blocks. I'm not making that argument though because, as we know, it'll depend on how cool the character uses it.

Edit: as far as impractical weapon goes, I'm going to say Minityra.

Corgi

Banned
at eps 18 of garo flower of makai, and i guess the biggest disappointment of the season so far is I keep on expecting something out of Crow... but he's not even a character really.

Way less interesting than Zero as the 2nd knight.

Which is a shame because his suit is really nice and he doesn't suck at combat like zero lol.

Biku is badass as fuck... but that armor.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Shotgun Sword forever.
tTUecce.gif

"How have we offended you?"
Denkamen.png

"Please forgive us!"
tumblr_nfk1pxzc4B1sqo325o1_250.gif

"Our lives are misery!"
3Dvq6i1.gif

"Life is but a nightmare."
1332631410251.jpg

is it wrong that i love kabuto but cant stand hyper form? i love his skill set, but hate the design.

jwk94

These ranger bios are hilarious.

The Yellow Ranger

Gia Moran is labeled as 'Miss Perfect', and it's hard to argue that it's the truth. Pretty, personable, and a powerful martial arts fighter, Gia is as intelligent as she is confident. She's been best friends with Emma since they were little, and that's not going to stop just because they're in different social cliques now. The Yellow Ranger's constant success can be frustrating to her teammates, but she and her Tiger Zord are dependable to the end!

When did we ever see them hanging out with people let alone different social cliques? I feel like whoever wrote that bio just got done watching the Dino Thunder premiere. Also, the rangers have last names. Who knew?

vareon

I love Hyper Form's design, I don't get why some people don't like it. It's better than Gatack's Hyper form, to say the least.

Hyper form adds bulk to Kabuto's simple and sleek design, it's easy to see why people don't like it. Especially Hyper clock-up.

WarRock

What.

TheBee suit is one of the things that made me (try to) watch Kabuto. Such a brilliant design with all the shapes and colors from the bee body adapted in a suit. I expected the same for a dragonfly Rider without knowing there was one, and OH BOY did I get a nasty surprise when Drake showed up...

javadoze

What.

TheBee suit is one of the things that made me (try to) watch Kabuto. Such a brilliant design with all the shapes and colors from the bee body adapted in a suit. I expected the same for a dragonfly Rider without knowing there was one, and OH BOY did I get a nasty surprise when Drake showed up...

Yeah... I heard the Kabuto and Gatack suits were envisioned first, then the other riders in order of appearance. So that explains the shift in quality from TheBee to Drake to Sasword's... orange tube-y things?

Corgi

Banned
What.

i mean the suit was fine. It was just so freaking weak.

NeonZ

Yeah... I heard the Kabuto and Gatack suits were envisioned first, then the other riders in order of appearance. So that explains the shift in quality from TheBee to Drake to Sasword's... orange tube-y things?

I don't think that's right. There are some early designs for Kabuto, and all Riders aside from Punch Hopper and Dark Kabuto seemed to be planned at the same time, even before Kabuto's final design itself.

Dark Kabuto seems to have started as a fourth "Black Kabuto" movie Rider. There was also a "Black Gattack" design.

javadoze

I don't think that's right. There are some early designs for Kabuto, and all Riders aside from Punch Hopper and Dark Kabuto seemed to be planned at the same time, even before Kabuto's final design itself.

Dark Kabuto seems to have started as a fourth "Black Kabuto" movie Rider. There was also a "Black Gattack" design.

Huh, interesting. (On the other hand, I'm super glad we didn't end up with a Kabuto with Den-O eyes.) I really wish they released pre-production materials and early suit sketches on a more frequent basis for Kamen Rider (and Super Sentai for that matter).

Can't wait for the Zangetsu/Baron side-story, though. I heard the ratings of Gaim were only ok, so I wonder what made them do a V-Cinema for Gaim (seeing that the last show they did it with was a big hit (Double)?

WillyFive

Huh, interesting. (On the other hand, I'm super glad we didn't end up with a Kabuto with Den-O eyes.) I really wish they released pre-production materials and early suit sketches on a more frequent basis for Kamen Rider (and Super Sentai for that matter).

I love seeing how certain design ideas jump from show to show for a home. I remember seeing the early designs of Megaranger, they looked pretty much like the Boukenger suits.

Can't wait for the Zangetsu/Baron side-story, though. I heard the ratings of Gaim were only ok, so I wonder what made them do a V-Cinema for Gaim (seeing that the last show they did it with was a big hit (Double)?

They did one for Go-Busters, which was a ratings disaster and the least watched Sentai of all time; and Kyoryuger got one despite the show not being able to turn the ratings around.

NeonZ

They did one for Go-Busters, which was a ratings disaster and the least watched Sentai of all time; and Kyoryuger got one despite the show not being able to turn the ratings around.

That's Sentai though. Currently their movie structure seems to include an obligatory post-show V Cinema. The only series since Shinkenger that didn't get one was Gokaiger, but it got a different extra movie actually released on theaters (199 Heroes). Rider doesn't have any consistent slot for post-series V Cinema though. Like mentioned above, the last ones we had were W's, and after that every single movie fit into the "Spring crossover", "summer solo movie" or "winter movie wars" slots. So, Gaim getting a couple of extra movies is a fairly big thing.

Pluto

Kyoryuger was a big success though, it sold the most toys since Gaoranger iirc, the ratings weren't particularly good but that doesn't matter much and I think if a series gets a V-Cinema release depends more on home video sales than tv ratings anyway.

jwk94

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the Legendary Rangers are dead. Robo Knight had to give up his life force for his ranger key to activate. It only makes sense for the others to have to do the same right?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the Legendary Rangers are dead. Robo Knight had to give up his life force for his ranger key to activate. It only makes sense for the others to have to do the same right?

I really hope Linkara's video on Megaforce isn't full of fan-wanking...
At least he openly said the season sucked and Gosei was a terrible mentor.

Top Bottom