• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 39

"It's the money saving episode everyone! Hope you enjoy fighting these monsters again"
Interesting that they're doing the "evil Sixth Ranger" trope at the end of the series rather than the beginning.
So the Christmas Spirit weakens the Shadow Liner... I hope this becomes a plot point to defeating them, otherwise it seems pointless to introduce it.

Next week:
Looks like the action is going to be big.
Also, I predicted that Z would become a ToQger. I just didn't expect him to use an already existing costume

Drive 09

Not a fan of Technic's design. I get the feeling it was intentionally bad as the power seems too OP to be used more often. Or they made it crazy strong because the toy looked like that. *shrugs*

Next week:
Backstory! Sweet.

Tenumi

Banned
I can completely agree about the design of Type Technic being... less than ideal. Hopefully it does turn out to be a "emergency" form due to its potential OP-ness.

Also, I'll never cease to be amused by Doorgun.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You should see the next weapon, the Trailer Cannon.

Guess we should get Movie Wars Spoilers soon, and usually we get our first glimpse of the next SHT Movie around this time as well, right? Like I remember last year the official site revealed Showa vs. Hesei right around the release of Movie Wars Wizard x Gaim

jwk94

So China's new toku (space deleter) looks infinitely better than toQ in the design department. In fact, I'm reminded of classic toku from its trailer. I'd link but I'm on mobile.

WillyFive

So China's new toku (space deleter) looks infinitely better than toQ in the design department. In fact, I'm reminded of classic toku from its trailer. I'd link but I'm on mobile.

Their suit design certainly got a big upgrade in quality from their past shows. They look good, with the GokaiSilver type head and the Kyoryuger-type body.

javadoze

Their suit design certainly got a big upgrade in quality from their past shows. They look good, with the GokaiSilver type head and the Kyoryuger-type body.

Seems like a neat way of doing a astronaut-y Sentai design (seeing how there was never truly a space-themed Sentai).

---------
ToQger 39

A bit of a low-key episode, but I'm interested to see what happens next
and to see if Zed's just messing with them when holding up the ToQ6 Applichanger.

jwk94

Speaking of bad, but interesting suit designs.....

HorrorDomain Exclusive News! We bring you the very first announcement of the new MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS television show which is currently in the works! In what has been a very HUSH HUSH project up until this point, our source reports that the pilot episode has indeed already been filmed. As a matter of fact we have the actual SCREEN USED, battle damaged suits (see below) from that pilot episode which are currently up for Auction!

We also have learned that this new SABAN/DISNEY series is set to be a half hour show and will star Katee Sackoff (Starbuck from BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA, RIDDICK) who will presumably play the Pink Ranger as well as James Van Der Beek (Dawson from DAWSON'S CREEK).

This particular version of the POWER RANGERS looks to bring more action/adventure and will display a much more adult oriented approach as the story will take place twenty years later. No longer teenagers, the Rangers have been shut down by the government, and are now on the run.

We have the actual SCREEN USED, Battle Damaged Power Ranger suits from this upcoming Television show in our current Auction. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
http://horrordomain.com/forums/topics/posts/index.cfm?t=25433

4UGHs9S.jpg
via Rangercrew

javadoze

bet he gets 2 more forms. One with tires on the legs, and then the final form with tires on arms and legs.

I'm betting right now. The final Type (Type Over?) will feature a tire breastplate with tire kneepads, lie on his belly, and then he'll become a car for his finisher...

...Then he won't need the Trideron anymore. He'll just drive himself everywhere.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm betting right now. The final Type (Type Over?) will feature a tire breastplate with tire kneepads, lie on his belly, and then he'll become a car for his finisher...

...Then he won't need the Trideron anymore. He'll just drive himself everywhere.

he goes straight turbo teen?

jwk94

I can't take Artemis seriously as JYB. In fact, I can't take the new Sailor Moon dub seriously with that music and the JP names smh.

BatDan

Drive's final form will be an 18-Wheeler. It will only be used a couple times near the end of the series.

BatDan

ToQger vs Kyoryuger preview

Jeez, this is going to be like Gokaiger vs Goseiger again, where a charismatic Red overshadows a bland one. Though last time it was the badass newcomer over the bland veteran, here it's the amazing veteran showing up the blaaaaah newcomer.

What I'm saying is I miss Kyoryuger... hopefully Ninninger brings the awesome (Sakamoto directing should help. I don't care if he uses wire-fu, they're superheroes, they're meant to be over-the-top).

javadoze

Jeez, this is going to be like Gokaiger vs Goseiger again, where a charismatic Red overshadows a bland one. Though last time it was the badass newcomer over the bland veteran, here it's the amazing veteran showing up the blaaaaah newcomer.

What I'm saying is I miss Kyoryuger... hopefully Ninninger brings the awesome (Sakamoto directing should help. I don't care if he uses wire-fu, they're superheroes, they're meant to be over-the-top).

I honestly wouldn't even care if ToQger ended up getting overshadowed in the next versus movie in lieu of a Kakuranger/Hurricanger/Ninninger team-up.

Actually... that doesn't seem like an impossibility. As seen by the Hurricangers showing up for Gokaiger and with the v-cinema they did, a Hurricanger cast reunion seems like it would be easy (seeing how the crew is all still in touch). Kakuranger is a bit more iffy, but the fact that NinjaWhite came back for Gokaiger should hopefully mean they could get some of the others.

Regarding Mach, I know I posted this in the Drive OT, but still, this should be his theme song.

jwk94

So I'm watching Super Samurai. I'm on the episode where Mia's brother comes over. The song at the end isn't that bad.

javadoze

So I've been watching some more Kakuranger up to episode 24 and...

Stuff got real pretty quick at the end of act 1. I honestly wasn't that hot on Prince Junior out of the gate, but he's actually a pretty effective villain.

Another thing that surprised me is how they're actually going split up to look for the scrolls. Explain to me again why they don't try to do some of these types of plots anymore, cause that kind of plot actually sounds interesting in Sentai.

WillyFive

Looks like they are following up on the space cliffhanger from the Kyoryuger finale, which is good; and it looks like for part of the movie the Kyoryugers will literally be babysitting the ToQgers, which is fitting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meh, I still don't see anything special about King. Then again the last Red I thoroughly like is from Boukenger.

jwk94

"I'd say more but I owe Dayu some payback" So that was definitely Mia's best line in the series.

Also, copy + pasting Shinkenger plotlines just doesn't work without the proper character personalities to back it up. Decker incisting that Jayden has gotten weaker because he's working with his team doesn't make sense in the Samurai setting. The only episodes we saw where Jayden didn't want help from the others were Origins pts 1&2 and the one where Jayden fights Decker and that other monster. Otherwise, Jayden's been a team player this whole time.

EDIT:
Actually, I take that back. Decker's later comment more or less fixes this. he says "facing me one on one? You're starting to get your Samurai spirit back." Dude just wants a one-on-one battle, not one where the Samurai rangers or another monster is interfering. So far in Super Samurai, Decker had fought Jayden with other people getting in the way, whether it was the Samurai rangers, Mia, or Dayu.

NeonZ

So, next year's spring movie title is confirmed, Super Hero Taisen GP Kamen Rider #3.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0069062

Kamen Rider 3 was a Rider designed before V3, but who ended up only making one magazine appearance, since the show took a different route with V3's introduction. Now, he'll finally be properly introduced as a mysterious Rider in the next Super Hero Taisen movie. Shirakura is the producer, and Shibasaki, Rider Taisen's director, is staying as the director of the Super Hero Taisen series, rather than going back to Osamu Kaneda. He also has a TriCyclone car.

Separately from those official news, reports about Movie Wars Full Throttle are also saying that there was a teaser for the next Super Hero Taisen movie showing Drive's Tridoron running alongside a Cyclone-like car (Referencing Rider 1's bike, not the W Gaia memory), which is presumably Rider 3's.

Top Bottom