• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Defuser

Yeah this gives off a Kakuranger vibe which is a definite plus in my book. Hopefully the theme song for it will be the same vein as Kakuranger.

And those toy figures....they are power rangers buff which is unusual for Sentai merchandise.

javadoze

Yeah this gives off a Kakuranger vibe which is a definite plus in my book. Hopefully the theme song for it will be the same vein as Kakuranger.

And those toy figures....they are power rangers buff which is unusual for Sentai merchandise.

Here's hoping the OP is good (like Kakuranger and Hurricanger before it).

Come back. dancing ED. My life has been devoid of joy ever since Kyoryuger's dancing ED has not been around.

javadoze

Super Sentai always has good opening themes. It's not like Rider.

Eh...

I'd say that ever since Double, Rider OPs have been good (with the exception of Wizard). Drive's had me going "meh" at first, but I'm warming up to it.

Sentai themes lately have been pretty same-y to me for some reason, the last really good OP being Goseiger (or maybe Kyoryuger for... reasons). Guess it's just more of a matter of personal taste.

NeonZ

Tokusatsu Network has a few more details about Super Hero Taisen GP Kamen Rider #3.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2014/12...en-rider-3-appear-new-super-hero-taisen-film/

In the October 1st, 1972 issue of Bessetsu Tanoshii Youchien, there was a story called “Rider #3 VS Black Shogun” written by Shotaro Ishinomori.

The story will be about the latest Rider, Kamen Rider Drive, meeting with Rider #3. Kamen Rider V3 will also play a part in this.

According to Igadevil, a teaser trailer for Super Hero Taisen GP ran before the Full Throttle movie in theaters which showed a glimpse of the TriCyclone with the Tachibana Racing Club logo along with the quote “The strongest, greatest Rider in existence is about to be revealed”.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah, you like Stoic Reds. Surprised that ShikenRed did nothing for you.

I'm down with Burning Reds, I prefer them far more than Naive Reds.

I hate Takeru's asshole attitude that didn't make sense the more you put them together.

Hell, you know I like Hiromu, even if I think he's a weak character in GB, so that's another weird thing for me.

jwk94

So I'm watching the Super Samurai Chistmas special. I don't mind clip shows but wtf. The monster short circuited the zord? Isn't it powered by symbol power? Also, where the hell is Antonio? Why does this guy disappear so much??

Also, Mike's acting is at an all-time low this episode. It's like he just phoned it in, Seeing more of the cockpit was pretty cool I guess.

EDIT:
Whelp, done with that episode. It was actually pretty good. I liked seeing more of the Mega Mode suits and the cockpit. Could've used more fighting but it's nice to have those relaxing episodes every now and then.

jwk94

B43V_DgIAAAo9Bo.jpg:large

Soooo much better than Earth's Defenders never surrender.

jwk94

Wow, the final unmorphed fight was used in the Super Samurai Halloween special.

EDIT:
Crap, double post. My bad.

EDIT 2:
Wait a minute. Lauren said the Shiba Fire disc could only be used once. Yet, Kevin used it for the blazing strike and Jayden used it to activate Shogun mode?

javadoze

So I just watched Kakuranger 29 and let me get this straight...

Sasuke's trial had him going with a themepark with PteraPink and climbing a mountain (that is, after she died) to get his scroll.

Tsuruhime's trial was going back to her mansion, chilling out, then watching her friends (or rather, dolls of her friends) die one-by-one to get her scroll.

Saizou and Seikai end up: getting confronted by Prince Jr, getting turned into Krappa yokai, end up fighting each other, and only live by having the Doro-doros taking pity on them.

Then finally Jiraiya: faces his old sensei (who raised and teached him), learns that said sensei killed his father, has a brutal out-of-suit fight with him (complete with blood spurting from their mouths), learns the real truth behind his sensei killing his father, and only then he gets the scroll.

Cool arc, but it's kinda funny how the scroll trials essentially get worse as they go on.

LostAnkh

Sasuke's trial had him going with a themepark with PteraPink and climbing a mountain (that is, after she died) to get his scroll.

Tsuruhime's trial was going back to her mansion, chilling out, then watching her friends (or rather, dolls of her friends) die one-by-one to get her scroll.

Saizou and Seikai end up: getting confronted by Prince Jr, getting turned into Krappa yokai, end up fighting each other, and only live by having the Doro-doros taking pity on them.

Then finally Jiraiya: faces his old sensei (who raised and teached him), learns that said sensei killed his father, has a brutal out-of-suit fight with him (complete with blood spurting from their mouths), learns the real truth behind his sensei killing his father, and only then he gets the scroll.

Cool arc, but it's kinda funny how the scroll trials essentially get worse as they go on.
It's just Saizou and Seikai's trials that was terrible in the Shinobi Scroll arc, otherwise, great arc nonetheless. Also, I didn't know Tsuruhime was the leader of the group, considering she didn't act like she was until this arc.

I still consider Sasuke as the leader of the group, because he's smarter than all of them and he saves the day most of the time.

Tiu Neo

On my quest to watch every sentai, one month ago or so I started watching Zyuranger, Abaranger and Kyoryuger.

Yesterday I finished Zyuranger. It has some pretty good moments, but overall... it's a pretty boring sentai. It's like they took some of the few boring Jetman episodes and turned into a sentai. And Jetman even had some better "kid of the week" episodes than Zyuranger. A few great episodes made it worth watching, anyway. The evil Burai Arc and the last five or so episodes were my favorites.

Today I'll finish watching Kyoryuger, only two episodes left. Tomorrow, Abaranger.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just remember Ron Wasserman saying that after season 1 they weren't allowed to use the word "fight" in any of the songs. Particularly the song titled "Fight".

Which was 20 years ago.
Pretty sure this is no longer an issue.
Despite how childish the last four seasons have been.

Which was 20 years ago.
Pretty sure this is no longer an issue.
Despite how childish the last four seasons have been.

Yeah it was 20 years ago but childrens television is even sissyer than it was back then. Remember they had to censor the Dragon Zord Battle mode drilling through that monster in the 2010 version?

BatDan

Yeah it was 20 years ago but childrens television is even sissyer than it was back then. Remember they had to censor the Dragon Zord Battle mode drilling through that monster in the 2010 version?

I didn't watch the 2010 revision. Well, I tried to watch the first episode, but the new effects made me go "nope!"

Also, I think the reason is that Nickeloden is cable and MMPR 2010 aired on ABC , a network channel.

jwk94

Ranger bios, curtesy of Rangerboard.

Red' Bio: Lucas lives everyday like it's an adventure. As team leader of the Rangers, he is driven by a love for action & new experiences, as well as the mystery of his missing father.

Blue's Bio: Koda does his caveman best to adapt to modern life with his now Ranger friends. When he isn't trying to figure out video games and cars, he keeps busy battling Sledge and his henchmen.

Pink's Bio: Shelby is a rough n' tough tomboy who doesn't mind getting her nails dirty! She balances her though physicality with a sharp mind and a love for paleontology.

I dont' think I like Koda being a caveman.

jwk94

Shelby already sounds like she'll have at least a bit more depth to her than Amy did.

Don't worry. There's still plenty of time for her to get Gia'd

EDIT:
So I'm rewatching Megaforce now and I can't figure out what happened for Super Megaforce to get so bad. Megaforce is a relatively decent season. The early episodes are pretty good, characters (gia excluded) have personalities and they got a LOT smarter about the battle banter and puns. There was a writer change, right?

BatDan

Don't worry. There's still plenty of time for her to get Gia'd

EDIT:
So I'm rewatching Megaforce now and I can't figure out what happened for Super Megaforce to get so bad. Megaforce is a relatively decent season. The early episodes are pretty good, characters (gia excluded) have personalities and they got a LOT smarter about the battle banter and puns. There was a writer change, right?

That's what I heard. Something along the lines of Tzachor firing everyone and bringing back the Samurai writers.
Explains so much.

Also, I just noticed that Dino Charge Red's character (who I thought was named Tyler but apparently he's Lucas now) is exactly like Daigo. Adventurous and missing father. Hopefully we get the Black and Green profiles soon.

I don't mind Koda being a caveman.

Defuser

Wut, Jiraiya's trial saves the arc. Dat roundhouse kick.

Tiu Neo

Finished Kyoryuger yesterday. The whole series was great, but those last episodes... I didn't expect them to be sooo good. Great series overall. I just wish Daigo didn't steal the spotlight that much, after the first half of the series, in the end I was kinda tired of him. Liked all the characters too, hope we get more members like the Spirit Rangers in the future.

Today, I'll watch 100 years after and the last two Abarangers episodes.

It's just Saizou and Seikai's trials that was terrible in the Shinobi Scroll arc, otherwise, great arc nonetheless. Also, I didn't know Tsuruhime was the leader of the group, considering she didn't act like she was until this arc.

I still consider Sasuke as the leader of the group, because he's smarter than all of them and he saves the day most of the time.

Sasuke is maybe one or two pegs above Saizou and Seikai when it comes to smarts, and even that goes out the window when there's a gag to set up.
Tsuruhime's been calling the shots since the start; it just rarely feels like it because everyone operates on auto-pilot for the first 10 episodes or so.

When's Shaider subs? )=

Also, what is this?
Probably the worst place to drop a 'p' that I've seen this week.
That's one of those local heroes, right? I think someone else posted a different episode of that show here before. It's silly, fun stuff.

jwk94

Black’s Bio: Chase was destined to slide by on his charm and good looks. But given the opportunity to be a Power Ranger, her learns the value of pride and teamwork.
https://twitter.com/BigMike8109/status/544902345952219136

Green’s Bio: Small in size, but big on brains, Quinn is quiet, confident, and disciplined. He is equally dangerous with a sword or puzzle game.
https://twitter.com/BigMike8109/status/544902171796324353

I like the names. I wonder if they'll adapt Ian's womanizing bits or just throw em out in favor of something else.

Great for these things to be out in the open. No wonder the footage always looked terrible, they were sent using VHS tapes.

I thought the same thing but those are obviously not the exact things they used otherwise when their aired they'd have the numbers all over them.

javadoze

Wut, Jiraiya's trial saves the arc. Dat roundhouse kick.

I think I should clarify. I didn't mean to say that the arc sucked. But rather, it's funny the trials all of the Kakurangers went through got way more intense with each progressive one. You'd think Sasuke and Tsuruhime would get the tougher trials, but Saizou/Seikai and Jiraiya ended up getting them (though I understand the importance of Tsuruhime's).

That Jiraiya two-parter was amazing (especially adding the fact that his sensei is actually played by his real-life father who's a leading actor in some martial arts movies.)

The scroll arc was pretty good (even though it made a few concessions that avoided the whole "we all gotta split up" thing). Really would like to see if a modern Sentai could pull this type of arc off nowadays.

BatDan

I find it strange that the name for Zyuranger back then was "Galaxy Rangers". Especially when there was nothing "galactic" about it.
At least "Star Rangers" makes sense for Dairanger.

Top Bottom