• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
yeah exactly have them be a band. Red on lead guitar, Blue on bass, Green on trombone, Yellow on keyboard, and Pink on drums. 6th ranger a rapper/ pop artist. 6th's weapon would be the magic mic, that turns into the Rap Rifle that he can use to spit hot fire or the Ballad Blade that uses his songs to cut enemies right to the soul.

ballad blade? that seems to fit with a hair metal rocker out of the 80s.

evanmisha

yeah exactly have them be a band. Red on lead guitar, Blue on bass, Green on trombone, Yellow on keyboard, and Pink on drums. 6th ranger a rapper/ pop artist. 6th's weapon would be the magic mic, that turns into the Rap Rifle that he can use to spit hot fire or the Ballad Blade that uses his songs to cut enemies right to the soul.

Didn't that Baruganger rumor cast the team as an idol group?

Team up with Big West to adapt Macross 7 as a Super Sentai. There's your music Sentai

Fire Sentai Bomberger said:
B19YPWk.jpg

Listen to my song! Transform!

KingDirk

Man thinking about the DJ Gun and Ryutaros/Gun form's theme song... I'm having to tell my brain it's not Japan being retrograde about hip hop/gun violence to keep from falling down a weird rabbit hole.

Still, though, DJ Gun looks dope, and Gun Form was the best of all Den-O's transformations bar maybe Liner.

WillyFive

ToQger

I like the direction they are going for these characters. It's very poignant and interesting.

Gaim

I wonder where they'll go from here.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This medley of all Power Rangers themes is pretty rad.

A nice reminder of how far and away RPM is as the worst theme and how disappointing it is that Samurai and Megaforce are just Go Go Power Rangers retreads.

I really hope they change it up for Dino Charge.
... They probably aren't going to. I get the feeling Dino Charge will be more of an anniversary season than Super Megaforce is (so far). Because dinosaurs.

BatDan

Very well done. Yeah, it's shameful how Saban just reuses the MMPR theme.

I understand why they did it with Samurai, as a way of saying "Saban's back!" after nearly a decade of not producing the series.
But doing it for Megaforce was lazy.

I would kill for a Troy character song.

Hahahahaha!
He could have a rap battle with MC Hawking.

I understand why they did it with Samurai, as a way of saying "Saban's back!" after nearly a decade of not producing the series.
But doing it for Megaforce was lazy.

If they really had to keep it around, they should've went Zeo/Turbo style where you have a mostly original theme and just work the riff/chorus in towards the end. Use it as a through-line but still have new songs.

Not as good as just having completely original themes but better than what they've been doing.

Only when there are alternatives, though. If nobody else has subbed a show and it doesn't look like anyone will in the future, then go for it. Despite their issues they're better than nothing.

Just know you'll have to "put up" with the subs. Some are more bearable than others, but it's not impossible.

BatDan

Only when there are alternatives, though. If nobody else has subbed a show and it doesn't look like anyone will in the future, then go for it. Despite their issues they're better than nothing.

Fair enough.
Though I did try watching their Shinkenger subs and those were unbearable. Yet I didn't have too much trouble with Dairanger... weird.

Oooh, good list.

Word of advice Shadow, avoid TV-Nihon subs.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who hated TV-Nihon subs. When I watched Den-O and Megaranger, I cringed when they left in random Japanese phrases on their subs; especially if some of the words are easily translated. I'm glad that there are alternative fansub groups now.

789shadow

Banned
Wow, I thought I was the only one who hated TV-Nihon subs. When I watched Den-O and Megaranger, I cringed when they left in random Japanese phrases on their subs; especially if some of the words are easily translated. I'm glad that there are alternative fansub groups now.
So basically TV-Nihon is what would happen if Kaizoku Fansubs started Super Sentai?

NAKAMA IS A MAGIC PIXIE PHRASE THAT CAN NEVER BE TRANSLATED

Did you miss our page long TVN bashing session?

BatDan

So basically TV-Nihon is what would happen if Kaizoku Fansubs started Super Sentai?

NAKAMA IS A MAGIC PIXIE PHRASE THAT CAN NEVER BE TRANSLATED

Pretty much
And they use flashy effects for morphing and attacks. Sometimes they're impossible to read.

Tenumi

Banned
This medley of all Power Rangers themes is pretty rad.

A nice reminder of how far and away RPM is as the worst theme and how disappointing it is that Samurai and Megaforce are just Go Go Power Rangers retreads.

This reminds me just how much I love the Dino Thunder theme.

Gross.

I liked how Over-Time translated that part. "Lunch Time!"
That's how you sub something.

Indeed. Though I put up with it far more in anime, oddly enough...

Slayven

Gross.

I liked how Over-Time translated that part. "Lunch Time!"
That's how you sub something.

Also, I found this picture from Magiranger.

BUaFz.jpg

It's like that Death Note "keikaku" picture only it's not a parody.

She is a news reporter now.

I honestly think if PR adapts ToQger they should just go full Justin: make every single Ranger a pre-teen. Saves having to explain some of the weirder footage and plays right into the show's themes.

Top Bottom