• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Zynx

If you watch the intro to the first episode of Gaim again, now with what we know, there's a LOT more meaning to it. I have faith that the show will stay internally consistent - and awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
i5yCBo6yCx8wL.gif

Euphoria Sentai MRAnger

drizzle

Axel Hertz
About ToQger:

Schwartz has the potential to be a great villain. All of the Shadow Line designs look amazing, except for the baby monster bride.

I love the line that forms around them when they're transforming. Finally a justification of why would the enemies just wait for them to transform.

The color change gimmick is really interesting on paper: It shows that Red is not necessarily the leader (as it was articulated in the last episode) and it totally fits with the "I need to change trains to get to my final destination" train transport reality. It's just poorly implemented in the story and lacks any reason to exist. Hopefully, they can expand on the idea and find a better application to it... but I have my doubts.

If you watch the intro to the first episode of Gaim again, now with what we know, there's a LOT more meaning to it. I have faith that the show will stay internally consistent - and awesome.

It really does. The shot of the destroyed Yggdrasil building also paints a bleak future for where the series will end up being.

Mostly, it made me notice how much I like Gaim, as I got all excited for a new episode the moment the intro kicked in and it took me a couple seconds to remember that I was watching an older episode.

Edit: Also, Gridon is in it, but.... Bravo? Knuckle? :( I'm sad for the lack of Bravo in the recent episodes. I wish he was more a part of the big plan. Make him a Takatora Helper, I don't mind.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
These attention grabbing joke subbers are still at it?

EDIT: Okay, here's the thing. The two main guys in Imagination Station are close personal friends of mine. I've known the main TL guy for about two years, and the QC guy for a decade. They're anything but joke subbers, and saying as much undermines the amount of work they put into these subs. If you don't agree with some of their translation choices, that's fine. But can we not go all /m/ name calling bullshit in here?

Pluto

These attention grabbing joke subbers are still at it?
What makes them joke subbers? Do you have anything to criticize, did they make any translation mistakes? I don't speak japanese, so I wouldn't know, but what I've seen of their subs, I don't have the feeling they don't know what they're doing.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Yeah, the "joke sub" thing is from a guy on /m/ who used a similar name and actually DID make joke subs of Toqger or something.

... By the way? We're not that guy. All of our subs, from Toqger to Abaranger to this are sincere translation efforts.

Tenumi

Banned
KYORYUGER VS. GO-BUSTERS: THE GREAT DINOSAUR WAR

Out on Imagination Station.

Sweetness.

Edit: Also, Gridon is in it, but.... Bravo? Knuckle? :( I'm sad for the lack of Bravo in the recent episodes. I wish he was more a part of the big plan. Make him a Takatora Helper, I don't mind.

I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one missing Bravo. He's really an interesting take on the plot, a path that none of the other characters share. Plus he's so entertaining to see do his thing.

vareon

I was actually glad that Bravo took a step back, because he was close to being overused and did nothing particularly significant.

NeonZ

Remember that they need to actually make the suits first, this isn't an anime. The prologue has several Gridon clones in the Watermelon Arms, which are likely stand ins for future Riders that didn't have suits at that point. I don't think they actually meant to be multiple Gridons either because they're all partially hidden by the Watermelon arms, with only one Gridon clearly visible by himself.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does anybody know who was the director on Kamen Rider Black? I'm trying to find some info, but I can't find any.

I was wondering if he directed and/or produced any other Kamen Rider series, be it Heisei or Showa.

Defuser

ToQger ep 6
Goddamn, General Schwarz is such a menacing badass not to mention brutal to have Tokatti get beaten the crap out of him and kicking ToQger's ass like they're nothing.

WillyFive

Does anybody know who was the director on Kamen Rider Black? I'm trying to find some info, but I can't find any.

Black had a revolving door of directors. The first episode was directed by Yoshiaki Kobayashi (one of the guys behind Japanese Spiderman), who never returned to direct any other episodes in the show. The rest of the episodes were from different directors. I'm getting this from the Japanese Wikipedia, who has a list of each episode and their directors and writers.

NeonZ

I was wondering if he directed and/or produced any other Kamen Rider series, be it Heisei or Showa.

Black didn't really have a main director like we have today. Black's and Black RX's 1st episode (1st two episodes for RX) were directed by Yoshiaki Kobayashi, but he directed none of the following episodes in either show. He directed the pilot and many episodes for Gavan and Sharivan though. After that, you had a revolving group of directors.

Black's and RX's action director was the now infamous Osamu Kaneda, who later became a main director for most Den-O sequel movies (aside from Episodes Blue and Yellow), New Gavan and every All Rider/SHW movie, besides the newest Kamen Rider War.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No thanks.

I don't want a MMPR connection, not every Dino season needs one.

It's gonna happen. Saban has had a massive hard-on for nostalgia ever since they got the license back.
Tommy is a 99% guarantee to reappear.

momotroniuity

Neo Member
Had JDF kept quiet or posted about the contest maybe once a day (as they can only vote once a day per cookie) instead of 12ish times within the span of a couple of hours, maybe the leads against Tommy wouldn't be so insurmountable.

Vargas

I find it funny that a bunch of people took it upon themselves to vote Tommy's rangers down. He is right it was rigged, The White, Green and Dino Thunder Black rangers were ahead even before he was aware of the contest. Even Rocky and Trent rallied their troops so they could get votes and JDF asked his fans to vote for Wes.

Vargas

I got the 20th Anniversary Power Rangers set and was wondering your thoughts on some of the later season. I pretty much stopped watching after Time Force other than Forever Red, Once a Ranger and some of SPD and Dino Thunder.

Heroman

Banned
I got the 20th Anniversary Power Rangers set and was wondering your thoughts on some of the later season. I pretty much stopped watching after Time Force other than Forever Red, Once a Ranger and some of SPD and Dino Thunder.
Only watch rpm ,the rest of them range from alrigth to terrible.

Ninja Storm is a case whether you love it or hate it, but definitely give it a shot. RPM is also a series I highly recommend. Other than Dino Thunder and a good portion of SPD, the other seasons range from mediocre, terrible, bland, or in the Neo-Saban era, terribly bland.

Biker19

Banned
ToQger ep 6
Goddamn, General Schwarz is such a menacing badass not to mention brutal to have Tokatti get beaten the crap out of him and kicking ToQger's ass like they're nothing.

Uh oh, better summon some sentai teams like Liveman, the Turborangers, the Ohrangers, GoGoV, the Magirangers, the Goseigers, & the Gokaigers!

*Kidding anyways*

Gaim

Episode left me pumped and looking forward to more. Loving the new form as I was not a fan of the Raiment forms or the abundance of crossbows. Hoping at least a few other Riders will be getting new forms as well and we go back to having more unique weapons again! I admit I laughed when
I heard the music coming from Kouta's weapon. It reminds me of Meteor's silly disco.
With three "factions" as well as a wild card, it's been fun theorizing where the plot will go next.

Fourze

Due to how busy it's been at work, my Fourze watch has slowed down considerably, but I'm just about halfway through the series at the moment. Definitely enjoying it, though unless something huge happens, I doubt it will change up my list of favorite Kamen Rider shows so far.

Biker19

Banned
I've met the dude in person and he's a nice guy, but I don't need him headlining everything. Green, White, Dino Thunder Black and probably being the star of the end of Super Mega is enough.

And don't forget that he played as the Red Ranger in Power Rangers Zeo & the 1st half of Power Rangers Turbo.

LostAnkh

god. id rather have anyone back other than tommy. jason, adam, anyone.
Phantom Ranger. We still have some unresolved plots that could be resolved in Super Megaforce, but since they're mostly shaping the episode plots around the Sentai, it won't happen(?).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Phantom Ranger. We still have some unresolved plots that could be resolved in Super Megaforce, but since they're mostly shaping the episode plots around the Sentai, it won't happen(?).

Anyone that isn't Justin will do. I'll even take xander in some mentorship role.

And the kyoryugobus movie makes me wish there was a nossanryuuji buddy mini where they just roll around acting ridiculous.

Im kinda curious if they are gonna try to adapt this for dino charge.

Pluto

Oh you know it's going to happen. Especially with Saban not getting a crack at Abaranger and MMPR nostalgia at an all time high.
This is Saban's fourth year of MMPR nostalgia, the theme song, Bulk, Mini-Skull, Megaforce being a new take on MMPR down to an immobile head mentor and a new Ernie and Megaforce is nostalgia overloaded, I'm officially over it, I want a season that stands on its own for once.

And Tommy? He is probably the most well known ranger, he is also the most overexposed ranger who has returned several times incöuding this season! What annoys me the most is that he wasn't even a well written or particularly well acted character, they only reason Tommy was awesome was because of the sentai footage of Dragon ranger kicking ass, that's it! In american footage he was a doofus martial artist who forgot his communicator and was late to battles half the time. After MMPR he was just another ranger, nothing about him was outstanding, his entire legacy is built on the green with evil arc and then becoming the star of "White ranger and friends".
Worse than the overexposed Tommy is JDF, reading his facebook posts it becomes obvious he has a very high opinion of himself, despite him saying he's doing it for the fans he is really just doing it to stroke his ego, he seems to think he's hot shit and the face of PR (and he's partly right, as much as I hate to admit it), the problem is that he's not humble at all and apparently he never was. I remember old MMPR behind the scenes footage where he shoves his face into the camera interrupting David Yost and going "Who's your favorite ranger? Green, green, green!", unbelievably annoying and Yost looks like he wants to punch him in the face. There's the "hater" thing you posted, him sucking up to Saban by posting how Tzachor saved PR after Disney (aka the company that brought him back twice for Forever Red and DinoThunder) "ruined" it, BS statements like "I'd do PR for free" etc.,

Fun fact, there's an old Emma Lahana interview where she pretty much calls JDF a jerk, I'll try to find it.

DinoThunder already was a dino themed season with a direct MMPR connection, do we really need another one? I say no but if they have to bring back someone, I'll take anyone but Tommy, there are other cast members who would be willing to return.

Wild Force: Pretty good, some spotty acting but it has a good story and the backstory is surprisingly dark, there's murder with screaming victims just slightly off screen. Forever Red is actually the low point of the season looking at it from a writing perspective

Ninja Storm: Seems to divide the fanbase because it's very comedic and aware of its own ridiculousness (it even includes fourth wall breaking), but the cast is phenomenal and the story is great, if you give the show the chance to tell it.

DinoThunder: Also pretty good, great cast for the most part. It suffers from some not so great white ranger clone stuff and the decision to turn a menacing villain into a ridiculous bobblehead for the finale.

SPD: Very good beginning, fizzles out innthe second half of the season. The cast is once again excellent and saves the season towards the end.

Mystic Force: Decent, a little bit too much focus on the red ranger.

Operation Overdrive: Meh, there's a good idea in there but it just didn't work. The Mack story is very good and it's surprising how much foreshadowing was going on even in the premiere, Spencer is an awesome character, too bad I didn't like anyone except him and Mack.

Jungle Fury: Decent, RJ was awesome, everyone else okay. The villain didn't make sense, the show never seemed to be able to decide if he was taken over and controlled by an evil spirit, if the spirit was just influencing him or if he was just a jerk who hained power from the spirit.

RPM: Good but not a masterpiece of storytelling like some people would like you to believe, some characters are underdeveloped because of the heavy focus on Dillon.

Samurai/Super Samurai: Horrible acting and direction but with a decent story and some entertaining episodes. As much as I like Paul Schrier, the Bulk and Spike stuff was easily the worst part of the season, it's completely disconnected from the rest of the show in 90% of their scenes, it feels like you just sat on the remote control and accidentally switched the channel.

Megaforce: Nope

Super Megaforce: Slightly less nope, still not good and the most entertaining parts are the sentai footage if you mute the rangers constantly talking during it.

BatDan

Huh, no Super Megaforce this weekend. Just a crapload of Spongebob, because Nickelodeon is a creatively bankrupt mess...

You know, Saban Brands should have turned down Nickelodeon when they said "You can only make 20 episodes a year, and you can't air in the summer". Or that stipulation was only added after the contract was signed... networks can be real dicks like that.

Tenumi

Banned
Yeah... from what I read, no new episode this weekend, then the next two weeks are the Silver Ranger intro episodes, and then the hiatus.

The annoying, 3/4-a-year-long hiatus...

WillyFive

You know, Saban Brands should have turned down Nickelodeon when they said "You can only make 20 episodes a year, and you can't air in the summer". Or that stipulation was only added after the contract was signed... networks can be real dicks like that.

They probably figured the Nickelodeon audience was worth it. And it kinda was, since each PR episode now consistently gets over a million viewers, and a few over two million. Heck, half of Super Megaforce episodes are over two million.

BatDan

They probably figured the Nickelodeon audience was worth it. And it kinda was, since each PR episode now consistently gets over a million viewers, and a few over two million. Heck, half of Super Megaforce episodes are over two million.

That's surprising considering how Nickelodeon treats the show.
Sure they promote it but their poor scheduling really has to hurt. Not to mention they screwed over Digimon Xros Wars badly. For what exactly, more Spongebob reruns?

That's surprising considering how Nickelodeon treats the show.
Sure they promote it but their poor scheduling really has to hurt. Not to mention they screwed over Digimon Xros Wars badly. For what exactly, more Spongebob reruns?

There are enough neckbeard Power Ranger fans and little kids who leave the TV on all day to hit those numbers.

Top Bottom