• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Judd Lynn is showrunner?
Hmm, this might not completely suck.

Interesting that they're sticking with the Smurfette Principle this time since they've gone out of their way to avoid it before. Unless Koda is a girl's name.

Reading the casting info on other forums. Smurfette Principle will be averted.
Red, Pink, Violet, Green, Black and Gold sound similar to their Sentai counterparts. Gray and Blue sound drastically different (Gray is Green's brother, and Blue is a caveman). I imagine the latter was done to explain Nossan's wrestling moves.
I get the feeling we'll get a lot of new footage of Gray and Violet since there really wasn't much in Kyoryuger.

Tzachor isn't attached anywhere, meaning the series has a slight chance of actually being decent.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm just waiting for some kind of confirmation of playable secondaries. If I can't use Kaixa and IXA I'm gonna be disappointed.

Well, Diend seems like he's gonna be playable. We've got his theme in the TV Edition, plus we've got all the Movie Riders which fits perfectly since he uses them to transform into his Ultimate Form in that one movie.

G3 seems likely since he's got such a vital role in the Agito Movie, fighting G4 and all.

Tenumi

Banned

I'd go for that. Be cooler to have Jason as Silver, though, especially if he's a late addition. Canon-wise, he's a bit of a lone wolf wanderer now, isn't he?

Judd Lynn is showrunner?
Hmm, this might not completely suck.

Interesting that they're sticking with the Smurfette Principle this time since they've gone out of their way to avoid it before. Unless Koda is a girl's name.

Reading the casting info on other forums. Smurfette Principle will be averted.
Red, Pink, Violet, Green, Black and Gold sound similar to their Sentai counterparts. Gray and Blue sound drastically different (Gray is Green's brother, and Blue is a caveman). I imagine the latter was done to explain Nossan's wrestling moves.
I get the feeling we'll get a lot of new footage of Gray and Violet since there really wasn't much in Kyoryuger.

Tzachor isn't attached anywhere, meaning the series has a slight chance of actually being decent.

I like the idea for Blue, it can definittely work. I'm just interested to see how things will go if Judd Lynn is the showrunner.

WillyFive

A producer from the best seasons of Power Rangers is making Dino Charge? Sign me up!

Just keep past Rangers away, except for the MMPR/DT teamup.

this work? Someone requested this yesterday right?

ibaAeMJwZlH1Ps.gif

think i could do better with the words... hmmm

BatDan

Super Megaforce 07

That... was actually kind of decent.
Silver sounds exactly like Marvelous and crew, a space alien that survived the Armada. Only without the aloofness and character development of actually caring to protect earth.
Vekar continues to be the best character. "And who said you could be taller than me?!"
And they included an original Legendary Morph (Lost Galaxy). Why they couldn't do this in Episode 2 is beyond me...

I did notice parts of it felt padded. Like including the full Megaforce morph sequence, and I think that's the first time they used the Gokaiger roll call sequence, including the GIANT ASS PIRATE FLAG in the background.

I am curious how (or even if) they'll explain why Silver needs the keys to Quantum Ranger, MMPR Green, and White Dino Thunder in order to access his Megazord.

WillyFive

Without Basco to explain where the sixth ranger keys came from, I wonder what their reasoning is for Orion having a key (and presumably the sixth ranger ones). Is Gosei just going to get his sixth ranger keys out of his closet (like everything else he gave the Rangers)?

I do like everything so far about Orion though, except for his horrific 2nd grade level dialogue.

BatDan

Without Basco to explain where the sixth ranger keys came from, I wonder what their reasoning is for Orion having a key (and presumably the sixth ranger ones). Is Gosei just going to get his sixth ranger keys out of his closet (like everything else he gave the Rangers)?

I do like everything so far about Orion though, except for his horrific 2nd grade level dialogue.

"GOSEI GOSEI! There's a Silver Ranger now and he as a Ranger Key too!"
"Wha? I thought Robo Knight was the Silver Ranger"
"There's another one!"
"Oh uhhh, I guess I'll call them back. Rangers, congratulations on the new team member. Uhh, Orion can have these Sixth Ranger Keys"
"Nooo, I specifically hid those from you!"
"Gosei, shouldn't we show Orion what Ea-"
"Yeeeeeeeees!"
"You do realize he's an alien right?"
"They're teenagers, they'll be fine on their own."

As for where he got the Silver Ranger Key, uhhh... alien planet had it. All powers came from space. Yes....

Slayven

Super Megaforce 07

That... was actually kind of decent.
Silver sounds exactly like Marvelous and crew, a space alien that survived the Armada. Only without the aloofness and character development of actually caring to protect earth.
Vekar continues to be the best character. "And who said you could be taller than me?!"
And they included an original Legendary Morph (Lost Galaxy). Why they couldn't do this in Episode 2 is beyond me...

I did notice parts of it felt padded. Like including the full Megaforce morph sequence, and I think that's the first time they used the Gokaiger roll call sequence, including the GIANT ASS PIRATE FLAG in the background.

I am curious how (or even if) they'll explain why Silver needs the keys to Quantum Ranger, MMPR Green, and White Dino Thunder in order to access his Megazord.
but what about it screams pirates?

was is the gaim dude called the butcher?

As others have said, his given name is Gen Urobuchi and his works (Puella Magi Madoka Magica is the one everyone knows him for) tend to hit the same vibe that Tomino does in Gundam: "Every thing is great and awesome and oh god whyiseveryonedying?!"

He's also done Blassreiter, Psycho-Pass, and Fate/Zero.

Basically, he's a really good get for Kamen Rider. Even just for the tact that like Riku Sanjo (Kamen Rider W/Kyoryuger), it's good for Rider/Sentai to get fresh blood in their creative teams.

Watch Da Birdie

Damn, the Boss Monsters in Gaim are really competent and pretty neat...

I was a bit worried the show might fall into the same-old MOTW format with their appearance, but they totally destroyed Gaim.

And next weeks' finally Jonouchi's time to shine. :D

H-he's not gonna die, right?

Bout time they have a snake appear in Gaim. So full of meaning.
Yeah, guess Sagara is The Devil basically...

But they might be going the Agito route where the "Devil" character was actually on humanity's side.

Link1110

I just got Kamen Rider Fourze in an attempt to correct the fact that I've watched like 10 seasons of Sentai fully and only one of KR (and who knows if you can even count Decade if you didn't see the movies?)

First off... That helmet o_O The designers have something going on in their heads. Whatever, I binge watched 8 episodes tonight and it's really fun. I like toku with the cute and fun atmosphere like in shows like Toqger or the first arc of Gaim, so I hope it stays this way. Also, is EVERY victim on this show a complete jerk? I'm SHOCKED that there's not even an entry for Asshole Victim on the show's tvtropes page.

WillyFive

First off... That helmet o_O The designers have something going on in their heads.

Yes.

Skygroundzel.jpg

Fourze's design was an homage to the Space Ironmen Kyodain, a Toku show from the 70's (from the same guy who created Kamen Rider and Super Sentai). In fact, the Fourze movie has a modern version of them appear as major characters.

I loved almost all of the designs from Fourze.

Watch Da Birdie

I just got Kamen Rider Fourze in an attempt to correct the fact that I've watched like 10 seasons of Sentai fully and only one of KR (and who knows if you can even count Decade if you didn't see the movies?)

First off... That helmet o_O The designers have something going on in their heads. Whatever, I binge watched 8 episodes tonight and it's really fun. I like toku with the cute and fun atmosphere like in shows like Toqger or the first arc of Gaim, so I hope it stays this way. Also, is EVERY victim on this show a complete jerk? I'm SHOCKED that there's not even an entry for Asshole Victim on the show's tvtropes page.

Oh man, I assume you haven't got to that character yet...let's just say despite being a school setting, some of Gentaro's classmates are straight up evil.

shaowebb

Been gone awhile...LOTS going on in my life. In May though I'll be free. I'll have finished my second (and technically 3rd) degree and I'll no longer be bombarded with engineering stuff and can just enjoy my new career and my game project at home.

That also means I can finally get back and catch up on Toku! I literally left off on Gaim many episodes ago when the whole energy riders thing began and I stopped around the time in Fourze that involved the school trip. Just so much to do. Can't wait to catch up though. Plus good news...by the end of next week I'll have both a PS3 to start working my way towards import games like Battride war 2 as well as a really high dollar Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to enjoy any good toku apps folks can recommend. I know their is a card game for Toku, but I dont know if its got a fan translation yet or not. Here's hoping. Mainly the tablet is for portable photoshop work and other stuff I needed, but so far May is looking like a fun return for me.

Any game or app suggestions you'd like to recommend toku-gaf?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I mean, looking at this from a more positive perspective, it could mean an extremely focused story, that doesn't veer off the rails at the end like say, Kabuto did. After all, Urobuchi's not really accustomed to working on 50 episode beasts like Kamen Rider. Maybe a shorter run is a good thing.

Watch Da Birdie

That's sort of good, imo. Sure, it didn't work out for Decade, but then again that show was trying to balance paying tribute to all the previous Riders and was never focused.

I actually think most Riders would benefit from being shorter, let's just hope they don't end Gaim on a cliffhanger and resolve it through a Movie. :(

WillyFive

Interesting. I wondered why the Summer movies were happening a month earlier than usual.

That interesting. I wonder what they'll fill that timeslot with when it's over. I think we would have heard of a new rider by now. Maybe it's something that's not Rider.

If Gaim really was ending soon, we might be getting rumors; but this rumor claims that the reason Gaim is ending early is because they will be broadcasting the World Cup instead of a new Rider show. So we still may not learn about the next Rider until the usual time (like two or three months from now); we may not have a Rider show on the air until that time.

How long do World Cups last?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I actually think most Riders would benefit from being shorter, let's just hope they don't end Gaim on a cliffhanger and resolve it through a Movie. :(

According to the rumor the show would end in June which is a month before the Summer movie would premier. Which I think is a good amount of time if you want to do the cliffhanger thing.

Then again everyone hated when they did that with Decade so who knows.

NeonZ

If Gaim really was ending soon, we might be getting rumors; but this rumor claims that the reason Gaim is ending early is because they will be broadcasting the World Cup instead of a new Rider show. So we still may not learn about the next Rider until the usual time (like two or three months from now); we may not have a Rider show on the air until that time.

How long do World Cups last?

The World Cup lasts 5 weeks. Basically, if Gaim ends before the World Cup, we'll end up with Gaim ending in the beginning of June with 33 episodes, but then we're left with 7 empty Sundays between the end of the World Cup and September, when the new Rider show should start.

It'd also mean that the Summer movie would only air after the show, so they could leave the "true ending" for the movie, if they got Urobuchi to write for it.

If they actually attempt to start the next Rider early, we should be getting news soon, due to the toyline, which would need to come earlier too. Alternatively, they might attempt some kind of "special" to fill in time until the next show, like Wizard's two final episodes (which were original listed as Rider specials, not Wizard episodes, although that changed eventually).

Currently, there's some "Shocker Restart" project, with a countdown to an announcement in May, but so far activities related to the Yee! Shocker project have had nothing to do with actual Toku productions though, so I'd be surprised if it's actually counting down to whatever we might get between the end of the World Cup and the next Rider.

NeonZ

cut stuff?

He's probably referencing the original cliff hanger ending. Onodera brainwashed by Kiva-la, Decade seemingly shot by Diend, then the teaser with Another Decade, more brainwashed Onodera, "the real world", all Heisei Riders facing Decade, Natsumi joining some paramilitary group... and other details that were completely thrown away come the actual Movie Wars 2010. They even redid the tv ending to cut Onodera being brainwashed and Diend attacking Decade.

Watch Da Birdie

I think I heard that Shocker Restart thing was just going to be a line of merchandise or something...also, I think I heard something about a theme restaurant.

It'd be pretty neat if in the next few months we already begin to hear about the next Kamen Rider...

Top Bottom