• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

NeonZ

Its nature hasn't been revealed, but, like I said above, it's tied to the Yee! Shocker project, which has always been marketing tie ins and other promotions, not actually toku productions.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
He's probably referencing the original cliff hanger ending. Onodera brainwashed by Kiva-la, Decade seemingly shot by Diend, then the teaser with Another Decade, more brainwashed Onodera, "the real world", all Heisei Riders facing Decade, Natsumi joining some paramilitary group... and other details that were completely thrown away come the actual Movie Wars 2010. They even redid the tv ending to cut Onodera being brainwashed and Diend attacking Decade.

And then they used some of that footage from the teaser in the Director's Cut of Movie Wars 2010 (as a Natsumi dream sequence).

Well, Gaim may not necessarily be ending. Due to scheduling, the entire SHT block will be pre-empted for the World Cup. But still... 5 weeks without SHT is odd. I would think they'd try to change the timeslot for those weeks, but I guess we'll see.

I'm all for Gaim being short. When I first got caught up on it I thought "I really don't see how this is going to stretch out to 50 episodes." Every episode is pushing forward and things have been so tight and focused, that's one of the show's big strengths. If it was developed with this length in mind then go for it, that's great. End it when it's over, don't just stretch it out because that's the usual length of a series.

If it's just being cut off because of sports or whatever and then they have to cram the ending into a movie or whatever then yeah, that sucks, but theyd've taken something as big as the world cup into consideration ahead of time, yeah?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
9BycIgK.jpg

good lord

GOOD LORD

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't remember, is there a Rider Kick in Gaim?

I think I remember seeing it once: Gaim made a "path" of Orange slices and flew through them, but I can't remember in which episode and I don't remember seeing it ever since.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I think I remember seeing it once: Gaim made a "path" of Orange slices and flew through them, but I can't remember in which episode and I don't remember seeing it ever since.
Wizard crossover

Actually maybe not

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The best moment in Kamen Rider History is now preserved in webM format!

http://a.pomf.se/ynusxy.webm

Yes.

In Episode 2, Gaim did it when it Pineapple Arms.

Then it was like, Episode 11? The first one of 2014 whichever that was, Gaim did a Rider Kick against a bunch of Invase.

Then a few episodes ago Ryugen and Knuckle did one against an Invase.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yes.

In Episode 2, Gaim did it when it Pineapple Arms.

Then it was like, Episode 11? The first one of 2014 whichever that was, Gaim did a Rider Kick against a bunch of Invase.

Then a few episodes ago Ryugen and Knuckle did one against an Invase.

You're right. The episode I remember is Episode 12, with the Orange Slices creating a path.

Click for extended .webm versions, as I learn the format (episode 12 webm is much longer because I think it has cool effects, promptly ruined by the information banner).

Episode 2:

Episode 12:

Episode 21:

webms are much easier to create than .gifs, have audio and would be minimal when resized to forum message-embedded sizes. Only real downside of .webm is the fact that volume is always at 100%. It should start on mute and only play audio when clicked.

Edit: Also, they don't seem to loop.

vareon

As a show, I actually wanted Kamen Rider to go 2-cours, rest for half a year, then new season for 2-cours again if it meant better story. But I'm quite sure Toei wouldn't want their cashcow to stop airing for half a year every time?

You're right. The episode I remember is Episode 12, with the Orange Slices creating a path.

Click for extended .webm versions, as I learn the format (episode 12 webm is much longer because I think it has cool effects, promptly ruined by the information banner).

Episode 2:

Episode 12:

Episode 21:

webms are much easier to create than .gifs, have audio and would be minimal when resized to forum message-embedded sizes. Only real downside of .webm is the fact that volume is always at 100%. It should start on mute and only play audio when clicked.

Edit: Also, they don't seem to loop.

All the ones you have there seem to loop for me.

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently using the close captions of the official broadcast, Japanese fans have already begun to solve the language of the Overlords.

So here's something weird I noticed. Wonder why this happened.

http://i.imgur.com/7Gv9ej4.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, this happens all the time. Previews always show unfinished effects. Sometimes it also helps in not spoiling things. One big one was Gunpei and Hanto dying in Go-Onger, the effects of them disappearing wasn't there in the preview.

Vargas

People started vote stuffing against JDF and he told his fans to vote, a fan of his clued him into that people were deleting their cookies and voting against him. He called these people haters, people cried and threw away their Green Ranger items and then he offered free stuff if people voted for him. I just read this stuff on twitter and laughed that some of these people "wanted to put him in his place".

They were also angry that he started calling himself The Best in the World.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
People started vote stuffing against JDF and he told his fans to vote, a fan of his clued him into that people were deleting their cookies and voting against him. He called these people haters, people cried and threw away their Green Ranger items and then he offered free stuff if people voted for him. I just read this stuff on twitter and laughed that some of these people "wanted to put him in his place".

They were also angry that he started calling himself The Best in the World.

he was also involved in the cookie clearing and offering up autographs for votes

his hands are dirty too

Watch Da Birdie

Man, you know TOQger isn't super great so far (part of it because it followed a good Sentai and is up against a solid Rider), but it's gonna be really unfortunate if it takes a month-long break during the World Cup. I could see that really hurting the show's popularity.

Here's hoping they kick things up and give us a good cliffhanger that'll make people want to return.

When is the world cup break gonna start?
June 12 - July 13

Anyway, in this interview with Urobutchi from Yomiuri, he says Gaim is a 4-cour show. This is from January.

Y: Puella Magi Madoka Magica was a story about Madoka trying to become a magical girl. Would you say that Gaim is about a young man trying to become a Rider?
Gen: Basically, yes. But it’s different from Madoka that ended with one season. Gaim has four seasons and longer span over a year. It’ll be about how he’s constantly changing. The second half of Gaim will be about him as a full grown Kamen Rider, the story will become more and more heroic. This is why I decided that the beginning won’t be very Rider-like at all.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2014/01/09/gen-urobuchi-why-kamen-rider-gaim-was-delayed/

I'm leaning towards Gaim being closer to a 48-50 episode show than not. Though I do think it may possibly be truncated because of the World Cup scheduling.

Link1110

June 12 - July 13

Anyway, in this interview with Urobutchi from Yomiuri, he says Gaim is a 4-cour show. This is from January.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2014/01/09/gen-urobuchi-why-kamen-rider-gaim-was-delayed/

I'm leaning towards Gaim being closer to a 48-50 episode show than not. Though I do think it may possibly be truncated because of the World Cup scheduling.

Well, 4 arcs...
1-11
12-19

Asuuming the last 2 are as long as the longer of those two, it's 41 episodes, about halfway between Decade and a normal show.

I must say though, this is finally my year to get into KR. Gaim is great and I'm loving Fourze. It's too bad I got into toku in 2009, with Decade rather than almost any other rider show. I watched a bunch of Sentai fully because Shinkenger was so great, but Decade didn't leave me wanting more which is unfortunate since the very next rider is supposedly one of the better ones.

I'm taking recommendations for next Rider though. Should I finish up Wizard, or go with W? I wanna watch the 5 neo rider shows first since they seem to have so many crossovers it seems like I'll understand more of them by doing that. I'd also love to check out Black and RX since those seem to be favorites.

And I have faith in ToQger, if only because its writer did Shinkenger and Attack on Titan.

NeonZ

June 12 - July 13

That's from before the later quotes from actors that talked about an early ending though.

Y: How much have you written so far?
Gen: Right now, I’ve written 19 episodes. I’m basically writing at least one episode per week. (Episode 7 had just aired when this interview was conducted.) I’m really looking forward to showing the world how Kouta, Mitsuzane and Kaito grow and influence each other.

It's from around episode 7, while the comment from Mai's actress about half of the show airing was after episode 17 and the comment from Zack's actor is very recent too.

Watch Da Birdie

It's from around episode 7, while the comment from Mai's actress about half of the show airing was after episode 17 and the comment from Zack's actor is very recent too.

Didn't she say the show had already filmed halfway through?

The episodes are filmed a bit ahead, so is it possible, like, it was Episode 23 or so and not 17? So it'd roughly be about 46 episodes.

NeonZ

Didn't she say the show had already filmed halfway through?

The episodes are filmed a bit ahead, so is it possible, like, it was Episode 23 or so and not 17? So it'd roughly be about 46 episodes.

No, she said that “Gaim has already finished airing halfway through."( 鎧武があっという間に半分放送を終え…) It was about the broadcast, not filming.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 07

Decent character episode, even if it's yet another "laziness MotW"
At least the color-switching had a strategic battle purpose outside of "gimmick to sell toys"
Wagon going on strike was pretty funny.

Megaranger (complete)

This series definitely got better. It started out boring but it eventually got into its own. I'm so glad they got rid of that weird "video game dimension" fighting screen. It feels like a lot of the weirder ideas were thrown out early on. Even the whole "video game" aspect was thrown in the background.
Yugande is still one of the coolest villain designs (though I do think Ecliptor is a cooler name).
Speaking of In Space, comparisons between the two are pointless, they're so wildly different in their execution.

What next... maybe I'll start Kamen Rider. *shrugs*

Defuser

ToQger ep 7
A human Kendama? Hikari spent all his time thinking playing his Kendama and that what he got out of it?

Gaim ep 24
Dammit Kouta, why are you jobbing to these overlords? Use your Kachidoki Arms to defend yourself for goddness sake even if you don't want to fight.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
can we throw sid in the trash already?
dude got styled on twice already, and once with his own lockseed

and with the only honest players in the game being hawktiger, kaito, and kouta, i cant wait to see shit fall apart

Top Bottom