• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Haha, Gaim 25 was nuts. Managed to balance out the goofy non-sequitur of Oren and Jonouchi's story with pushing things forward by way of the talk between Sagara and Warring-tachi though and was a fun ep.

Gaim hasn't let me down yet. I was so scared that the whole fruit stuff would be boring/too wacky, but it's probably the most well-done KR show ever made.

Provided they can keep up the quality, but we are halfway in and it's my favorite by far.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Haha, Gaim 25 was nuts. Managed to balance out the goofy non-sequitur of Oren and Jonouchi's story with pushing things forward by way of the talk between Sagara and Warring-tachi though and was a fun ep.

It's not a huge deal (characters not knowing stuff that seems obvious to the viewers is Kamen Rider 101), but I still was a bit bothered how Oren was surprised by the cracks, especially since he already traveled to Helheim once before...

It's not a huge deal (characters not knowing stuff that seems obvious to the viewers is Kamen Rider 101), but I still was a bit bothered how Oren was surprised by the cracks, especially since he already traveled to Helheim once before...

He probably assumed the before crack was done by the company and not the forest. During the "game" episode, he just assumes it's part of the Beat Riders stuff.

Voror

Hmm, that ad for the Summer Gaim movie makes me think it might end up serving as the finale to the series, though of course I'm basing that on the one comment in the trailer about
"Who will obtain the Golden Fruit".

WillyFive

Hmm, that ad for the Summer Gaim movie makes me think it might end up serving as the finale to the series, though of course I'm basing that on the one comment in the trailer about
"Who will obtain the Golden Fruit".

The finale being a movie will allow them to live up to the opening scene of the first episode; because I sure doubt they will be able to do that story with a TV budget.

Oh man, After V was fantastic. I'm not really sure how long you can stretch the premise but that first episode was hilarious.

His interest in the whole thing before pretty much started and ended with wanting to show up the "amateur" Beat Riders and put on a real show. When he went to Helheim it was by way of their Lock Vehicles as part of their game still. It's not really surprising that he'd be as ignorant about the naturally occurring cracks and Inves attacks as the general populace.

Tzmhero

Oren is such an interesting wild card, even now. He's playing the angles and yet seems completely lost in the greater scheme of things. I really wonder where he is going to be going in the next few episodes because he's always been the one to mess up plans pretty much either side has.

Defuser

Kampai Senshi After V ep 1
I like how this show dissects tokusatsu tropes and questions them on why it happens this way. Poor Red, stuck with a bunch of idiots lol.

Link1110

So, I'm actually a bit curious about Ultraman. Here in China, it seems to be the most popular Toku by far. I've seen action figures in convenience stores and even Abaranger Dvds mislabeled as "Dinosaur Ottman." My coworker saw my Fourze keychain and even mistook it for an Ultraman. I kinda wanna watch a series now. Any recommendations on the good ones?

vareon

SIC Wizard looks good.

So, I'm actually a bit curious about Ultraman. Here in China, it seems to be the most popular Toku by far. I've seen action figures in convenience stores and even Abaranger Dvds mislabeled as "Dinosaur Ottman." My coworker saw my Fourze keychain and even mistook it for an Ultraman. I kinda wanna watch a series now. Any recommendations on the good ones?

Tiga, Dyna, and Gaia is a safe choice. Dyna is a direct sequel to Tiga but Gaia is a stand alone, and my favorite out of three. I'll also recommend Nexus, the black sheep of the series since it's a more mature show and didn't move much toy sales as a consequence.

You can also check the movies because they don't need prior knowledge to the series.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Those handsome gentlemen at Imagination Station (>_>) have released 12 and 13 of Abaranger!

Now with 80% more samurai and Kyoto accents.

Tzmhero

Those handsome gentlemen at Imagination Station (>_>) have released 12 and 13 of Abaranger!

They truly are handsome and gentlemen and posters of Abaranger subtitles. Thank you random strange gent who may or may not also be handsome, a gentleman, and poster of subtitles.

Defuser

ToQger ep 8
357dtt.jpg

255fmp.jpg

1yiite.jpg

Tokatti......living the trope dream.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

When does that alligator-telephone monster show up?

That was my favorite part when I watched the HK subs years ago.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 08

Oh hey, another practical use for the color-changing.
Not really much to say, new train and all that.

Bikkun

Neo Member
When does that alligator-telephone monster show up?

That was my favorite part when I watched the HK subs years ago.

He appears around.. 20? In that area, I can't remember off the top of my head. We'll be getting there in few weeks either way. :D

EDIT: Looked into it. He debuts in 18, but it's basically a 10 second cameo. He doesn't actually get featured until 21.. when he's Dr. Nakadai's bitch.

WillyFive

I'm cautious of getting into Imagination's Abaranger because the last guys that tried to sub Abaranger didn't even get to Abarekiller. Once they get there, I'm in.

LostAnkh

I really hope the next Rider season's toys will suck, because Gaim is killing my wallet.
VNEqsYVl.jpg

I'm cautious of getting into Imagination's Abaranger because the last guys that tried to sub Abaranger didn't even get to Abarekiller. Once they get there, I'm in.
I'm still waiting on more Timeranger from O-T. :(

These guys look like they'll get it done, and hopefully they won't keep adding more to their workload.

GManDH

I personally know the guy who is subbing it and he has said that he will finish it. it might take a while but he will finish it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I really hope the next Rider season's toys will suck, because Gaim is killing my wallet.
VNEqsYVl.jpg

I'm still waiting on more Timeranger from O-T. :(

These guys look like they'll get it done, and hopefully they won't keep adding more to their workload.

Yeahhhh, thankfully though Toqyuger toys so far have been pretty shit.

Bikkun

Neo Member

I just saw this. We're doing a weekly anime, but nothing else. Our plans for more toku are on hold until we finish Abaranger, which will be soon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Started watching the Abaranger subs. Dat CG man...

At least the characters have more personality than the Zyurangers

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Only problem I've had with the subs so far is the awkward as shit phrasing sometimes

Though it's not that often that I've come across those types of lines and it's fine for the most part. As someone who doesn't speak japanese that's as much criticism I can give it. Only argument I've seen against it from people is "that's the guy who did the geki scrub" and then not say what's wrong with these subs specifically.

You know, I had to calm down on the Gaim accessories. I must have spent hundreds on lock seeds and weapons for my son, only for him to kind of blow them off.

Also why doesn't the sengoku driver fit bigger people?

Yeah, it's not an awkward line, but it could have been written with simpler vocabulary for viewers who aren't too proficient with English.

TOQger...

*huge sigh*

...someone call me back when something good happens. So far, I can't stomach any more.

Top Bottom