• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

ibo7XUVjifMwh.gif

I'm suddenly worried. haha

Arguing with a friend about Gaim. He swears that Kouta HAS to know that Micchy and Takatora are brothers "because Micchy and Kouta are friends, therefore they should know each other's families", when it's VERY clear that Kouta has no idea who Takatora is outside of being a top guy at Yggdrasill. Not to mention that one of the biggest plot points is the fact that Micchy has been hiding any connection he has to Yggdrasill from the rest of the group.

Gah.

My only problem with Gaim is Kouta is dumb as shit. But even knowing that Taketora is Micchy's brother would be beyond him.

Wow, Saban actually did something creative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN4DZpRJBII

Was he washing the Super MegaForce outfits near the end?

The Rangers don't know, but RoboKnight secretly got a real job. He's not gone, he just stopped fighting.

Haven't watched the Fourze movies yet, but I'll try to watch them before I start the next Kamen Rider series. Per a friend's request, my next Kamen Rider on my backlog is Wizard. Not quite sure what I'm in for, but I haven't been disappointed by a Kamen Rider series yet!

Fire your friend. Go to W or OOO if you want to stick with Nu-Heisei.

Don't watch Wizard.

My friend and I came to an agreement that I would watch Wizard while my friend would watch W so there's no skipping this one as I really want them to watch W. Guess one of us will be enjoying their viewing a bit more than the other.

Fire your friend. Go to W or OOO if you want to stick with Nu-Heisei.

W was my first Kamen Rider and I already watched OOO as well. I'm running out of "Nu-Heisei" shows to watch at this point. Once I'm through Wizard, I'll be free to try other Kamen Riders, though I'm tempted to do either Kiva or Blade next. (Already posted about my Den-O watch in the prior thread, I believe.)

My friend and I came to an agreement that I would watch Wizard while my friend would watch W so there's no skipping this one as I really want them to watch W. Guess one of us will be enjoying their viewing a bit more than the other.

Just lie and say you did. He can't quiz you on the show anyway because nothing happens anyway.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I watched the first 2 eps of Lost Galaxy.

-Why did the training mission on the moon consist of nothing but running around and screaming while there are bombs going off? (the answer is probably sakamoto)
-"Who are you?" "Damon henderson, the mechanic around here." Second line is delivered in a tone like he's supposed to know the mechanic's name,why? He knows Alpha's name though, probably because he's so popular
-Mike must also be pretty popular since everyone yelled out for him when he died
-Terra Venture takes place in the LA convention center
-Yellow Ranger looks hot even with clothes on
-This face makes me laugh everytime it appears in the intro
uuQaVWD.png

Just lie and say you did. He can't quiz you on the show anyway because nothing happens anyway.

I don't go back on my word! Sounds like I'm going to have some trouble getting through this show as lack of plot affects my motivation if there's nothing else to distract me. Maybe I'll set up a rewards system where I watch an episode of a different show for each episode of Wizard I get through. Even if it's not the most exciting show in the world, no plot is better than bad plot, right?

I watched the first 2 eps of Lost Galaxy.

-Why did the training mission on the moon consist of nothing but running around and screaming while there are bombs going off? (the answer is probably sakamoto)
-"Who are you?" "Damon henderson, the mechanic around here." Second line is delivered in a tone like he's supposed to know the mechanic's name,why? He knows Alpha's name though, probably because he's so popular
-Mike must also be pretty popular since everyone yelled out for him when he died
-Terra Venture takes place in the LA convention center
-Yellow Ranger looks hot even with clothes on
-This face makes me laugh everytime it appears in the intro
uuQaVWD.png
still find it hilarious that with bulk as a reference point, shit isn't that far in the future since in Space, yet we fucking have battle star galactica tech all of a sudden.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wonder if Stan Lee even remembers that.

Speaking of comic books, I just picked up my first two SH Figuarts at C2E2 today. Red Hawk and Kyoryu Red.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Awesome, so Power Rangers was Stan Lee's idea. Take that Saban. Would have been cool if we had gotten a PR-ized version of Sun Vulcan in the early 80s, it would have changed so much the landscape at the time. Even Lee predicted the success it was going to have very accurately.

Stan Lee knew what kids liked, he knew kids would like Spider-Man being a teenager and how to make characters like Iron Man likeable.

But yeah, a Stan Lee produced American Sentai could have been huge.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, the new 'Emperor of Darkness' in ToQ.

Totally gonna end up being ToQ Orange, right? Just like they did with Uchi, and before him, Shirogane in Gaoranger.

WillyFive

812BNfp91KL._SL1500_.jpg

man i really do wish there was a season of sentai/power rangers with actors with builds like this.

If Bandai of America produced a series entirely by themselves with no Sentai to match, they probably would make all the suit actors buff. Would be cool to see at least one parody episode of Power Rangers with the Rangers suddenly buff like that.

So, the new 'Emperor of Darkness' in ToQ.

Totally gonna end up being ToQ Orange, right? Just like they did with Uchi, and before him, Shirogane in Gaoranger.

Doing that for ToQ would mean it being done for two shows back to back, as opposed to like a decade in between.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Doing that for ToQ would mean it being done for two shows back to back, as opposed to like a decade in between.

True...but actually I remembered they also re-used Shirogane's thing with Geki Violet, who was also turned into a wolf demon.

Slayven

If Bandai of America produced a series entirely by themselves with no Sentai to match, they probably would make all the suit actors buff. Would be cool to see at least one parody episode of Power Rangers with the Rangers suddenly buff like that.

Mystic_Knights_Of_Tir_Na_Nog.jpg

Rajack

Gaim
Another great episode. This is already the greatest Heisei Rider series. Next episode looks like it could get quite violent.

Pluto

This list is lacking the Pizza episode of Turbo, the TMNT crossover, the sudden reveal that Mack is an android, and probably some others.
The Mack reveal wasn't sudden, there were many hints that he was an android since the first episode.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Mack reveal wasn't sudden, there were many hints that he was an android since the first episode.

It was still pretty stupid. As well as its pinocchio conclusion.

Although i just put together why macks damaged helmet was one of the ones we saw in rpm

Pluto

It was still pretty stupid. As well as its pinocchio conclusion.
I agree that the conclusion was pretty stupid but I thought the storyline up to and including the reveal was really well done, it was one of the few I felt they really planned ahead and knew exactly what they wanted to do with a storyline.

NeonZ

An amusing cameo in the newest Gaim episode...

http://i.imgur.com/kuxcFIF.jpg

That's a list of prototype Sengoku Drivers, based on various different formats, like "key", the one shown as a picture too. Now, look at the lowest names in the list.

Fuestles, Cards, USB Memories, Medals, Switches and Rings... They're the collectibles of each season since Kiva. Also, the one with USB "Memories" is called Prototype W, and the card one is Prototype X (that's a letter in this case, but it also resembles the number 10).

gforguava

Just finished the second episode of Kanpai Senshi After V and am surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I thought the super-low key aspect of it would wear thin pretty quick but it hasn't faltered yet.

And Blue is already the most amazing Blue one could ever ask for.

edit: Oh, and...

iY2u0HVm4wkqP.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
An amusing cameo in the newest Gaim episode...

http://i.imgur.com/kuxcFIF.jpg

That's a list of prototype Sengoku Drivers, based on various different formats, like "key", the shown as a picture too. Now, look at the lowest names in the list.

Fuestles, Cards, USB Memories, Medals, Switches and Rings... They're the collectibles of each season since Kiva. Also, the one with USB "Memories" is called Prototype W, and the card one is Prototype X (that's a letter in this case, but it also resembles the number 10).

foundation x is still at it. I wonder if it becomes a plot point

Top Bottom