• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 10

It's another "a main character is going to die oh wait no they're not" episode. At least the MotW was kind of neat.
The kid's reason for not having imagination was pretty lame. Oh he sucks at baseball, big whoop.

They should do more mech fights at night, it certainly makes ToQ-Oh look good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, but he WAS going to die, and he boss'd his way around it. That was kinda cool.

I'll give you that, Tokatti's method of stopping his death was pretty awesome.

On a different note, I started up Gaoranger and there's one Sentai trope that's been bothering me in multiple series. Anytime a character jumps out of water, it's just reversed footage of someone jumping into water. It's extremely jarring.

vareon

Let's not forget another boss design.

ZDQ2KQF.jpg

Accel is the only one out of place in W.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
About ToQ 10... man, Diesel-Oh is a much better design than ToQ-Oh. It's actually kinda jarring. I don't know why they keep calling Diesel Grandpa (I know that he's old, but ToQ1 drives around in a Steam Locomotive for god's sake), but his mecha gattai really looks like a design from the older 80's sentai.

Still, it's a shame how inferior to Kyoryuger this series is.

I also don't quite like this "believe in yourself", "imagination" thing. Sure, this is for kids and that's a nice message, but we don't need it hammered every two episodes, do we?

I hope the series gets darker with the arrival of the emperor, which is apparently just a dude? No cool cyberpunk design for him? We'll see.

Slayven

About ToQ 10... man, Diesel-Oh is a much better design than ToQ-Oh. It's actually kinda jarring. I don't know why they keep calling Diesel Grandpa (I know that he's old, but ToQ1 drives around in a Steam Locomotive for god's sake), but his mecha gattai really looks like a design from the older 80's sentai.

Still, it's a shame how inferior to Kyoryuger this series is.

I also don't quite like this "believe in yourself", "imagination" thing. Sure, this is for kids and that's a nice message, but we don't need it hammered every two episodes, do we?

I hope the series gets darker with the arrival of the emperor, which is apparently just a dude? No cool cyberpunk design for him? We'll see.

It's presented as so shallow, i mean when the conductor says "IMAGINATION!!!" that is pretty much all there is too it.Even preschool shows go a bit more into it than that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought it was implied that imagining requires hard work?

Then again hard work hardly works, or is that a shonen trope?

Yeah, but he WAS going to die, and he boss'd his way around it. That was kinda cool.

I actually am surprised too. At first they were gonna pull the "he imagined so hard he stopped his death" but what they did was much better.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

On a different note, I started up Gaoranger and there's one Sentai trope that's been bothering me in multiple series. Anytime a character jumps out of water, it's just reversed footage of someone jumping into water. It's extremely jarring.

How else do you think someone's going to jump out of the water?

Bikkun

Neo Member
Hey guys! The folks of Imagination Station have released episodes 15 and 16 of Abaranger! They cover Yukito's backstory and why he's the charming fellow we know him as.

For those waiting for the not-so-good doctor, check out the preview for 17. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Green apparently works his imagination through logic. Tokatti is projection. Yellow apparently just sucks.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
When ToQger intro was first announced, somebody posted a "Come and Ride it" ToQger intro mashup on Youtube and that was quite funny. Anybody still have it handy? I think they've might taken the channel down, since I can't find it anywhere.

Besides OOO, is there any other rider where there is some story reason why they can't just use their best form all the time instead of getting ass kicked in inferior forms to burn air time?

WillyFive

i71Kkp5ErdNHG.gif

My appreciation for mech fights has grown quite a bit during this past year.

Have they ever thought about doing an anime rider or sentai??

Far as I know, there was a Kamen Rider anime series where they were all in chibi form; and one of the options Disney thought about before cancelling the show was making Power Rangers into an animated show.

Tenumi

Banned
I heard somewhere that Saban got the rights to Precure, but that might have been false.
Maybe it went the same place as "Power Rider"?

That's correct, as far as I'm aware. Nothing has come out of it besides a name.
Glitter Force, supposedly.

That's as much as I'm aware of, at least.

NeonZ

Besides OOO, is there any other rider where there is some story reason why they can't just use their best form all the time instead of getting ass kicked in inferior forms to burn air time?

Well, in Fourze initially Gentaro thought he needed to be with his friends to use Cosmic States.

I found Taisen Z to be much better than the first one. Still not a movie I'd watch twice, but it still better than Taisen.

Taisen Z has a better narrative and character focus than the first Taisen, but it's still pretty bad at that, and it completely fails in past hero fanservice, which makes the whole thing pointless.

vareon

Wait, I made a mistake. I though Taisen was Gokaiger/Goseiger's movie with 199 heroes something.

Comparing Taisen/ Taisen Z was like picking a better shape of turd.

ReiGun

Den-O, when the Imagin became unable to go to the past and thus, Ryotaro couldn't use Climax Form. Of course, he got Liner to compensate.

Blade.

Kenzaki never listened to reason, but there was a reason.

Also if you haven't seen Blade, watch Blade. It's great.

ToQGer finally started to get interesting! Next week looks like a good ep, too.

This week's Gaim was fucking nuts, just when you think things couldn't get any crazier the notch is turned to 11!

Top Bottom