• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

RangerBAD

wizard movie

fun story, kinda wish this was what the show was about lol. Stellar fight choreography.

so where was haruto's infinity dragon ring from?

Didn't he get that in the series? I haven't watched the movie, but I know he had an infinity ring. Don't know if that's supposed to be a new one.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's a thought...
Do you think Power Rangers should be rebooted?
I mean, I know that the late-Saban/Disney era had self-contained seasons just like the Sentai, but I feel that what Neo-Saban has been doing is just hurting far more than helping.

Maybe I'm just being negative and should wait for Dino Charge to air, and if it sucks then I can just hope that they don't renew the Nick contract and find another channel to air. Probably Cartoon Network.

Here's a thought...
I mean, I know that the late-Saban/Disney era had self-contained seasons just like the Sentai, but I feel that what Neo-Saban has been doing is just hurting far more than helping.

Maybe I'm just being negative and should wait for Dino Charge to air, and if it sucks then I can just hope that they don't renew the Nick contract and find another channel to air. Probably Cartoon Network.

they are gonna be pretty much forced to reboot or do something drastically different for toq lol. Can't wait to see how tommy quits teaching highschool and change careers.

WillyFive

Here's a thought...

Honestly, when Samurai premiered, I honestly thought they did reboot it. Bringing over the Shinkenger backstory almost 1:1 made it conflict extravagantly with the PR universe at the time (and still does), and bringing over Bulk with almost no explanation or acknowledgement that he wasn't a whole new character, it seemed to me that Samurai was a whole new reboot.

But it turned out that was just bad writing.

Also, the contract with Nick was renewed until 2016; so the show will be there for either Dino Charge's 2nd season, or for Train Rangers, or whatever they decide to do in 2016.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know the contract is set to 2016. 2015 will be Dino Charge, 2016 will be Dino Supercharge (seriously, stop adding Super to things, it's annoying).

ToQger has shown no signs of having dinosaurs so it sounds more like a Samurai situation where they'll split Kyoryuger into two seasons. "Megaforce" was generic enough of a title to allow Goseiger and Gokaiger.

vareon

At this point I think we're just being fucked with and he won't die.

If this is an anime he'll die very soon, but since this is Kamen Rider I think he'l just be incapacitated in some way only to return later (as original Zangetsu, I hope), Date style.

Gaim 27 was solid. Interesting to get a look at the developmental stages of Project Ark, nice continuity with Kouta using the nourishment aspect of the Driver and an interesting shakeup of the alliances again. I'm always kinda mixed on Oren, but I think the levity he adds lately is good for breaking up the tension with how heavy everything else has been getting.

I'm really looking forward to Micchy getting his comeuppance. Stay safe, Takatora.

Here's a thought...

It reboots every year anyway. What more do you want? A flush out of production staff? Transferring the franchise to a new company?

Getting away from Nick would help, though. The 20 episodes a year thing is toxic. If they could negotiate up to 30 a year and focus on fitting a season into that episode count I could see staying there being alright, but I doubt Nick would budge that much.

They really should kill off a lead rider in a show to change things up... although Blade... kinda counts?

Probably near impossible these days with the whole movieverse require them to stick around to fist each other each year.

NeonZ

They really should kill off a lead rider in a show to change things up... although Blade... kinda counts?

Probably near impossible these days with the whole movieverse require them to stick around to fist each other each year.

It didn't even happen when they acted like the franchise was too mature for crossovers, I don't see it happening nowadays.

On the other hand, some Showa series were even more crossover happy and actually made the crossovers part of the main story, but that didn't stop them from ending Skyrider with
all 8 Riders, from the original to Skyrider, seemingly dying.

Of course, they "died" in an explosion, so, leaving no bodies behind, and then reappear miraculously alive in the Super-1 movie.
But, still, they could kill the main Rider in the tv finale, and then resurrect them afterwards for the crossover. However, I don't think they'd allow a tv ending where the main hero dies nowadays, crossovers or no crossovers. The partner character from W to Wizard seemed to be created exactly to have a character who could be killed sometimes but still was almost as important and central to the show as the main Rider.

WillyFive

still found it to be a cop out that Philips came back.

I don't mind that he came back, but he shouldn't have come back the very next episode. At least give him until the OOO crossover to miss him....

What's worse, his big return was spoiled just a few days before the finale aired because of a magazine scan that showed him alive in the finale.

I don't mind that he came back, but he shouldn't have come back the very next episode. At least give him until the OOO crossover to miss him....

What's worse, his big return was spoiled just a few days before the finale aired because of a magazine scan that showed him alive in the finale.

yeah, if the show had like a few more eps focusing on shotaro's solo adventures and finding a less bs way to get philips back...

Or better yet, philips is some ben kenobi kinda thing and eventually shoutarou can W solo.

You don't really hear philips VA in the rider wars these days anyhow.

Learn to use the damn spoiler tag button, cdig.

the show is like... 3-4 years old. And i spoiled nothing out of context really. Beats people here occasionally spoiling Gaim without tags like a day after it airs. :X

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
the show is like... 3-4 years old. And i spoiled nothing out of context really. Beats people here occasionally spoiling Gaim without tags like a day after it airs. :X

Let me be clear here. My concern isn't myself. I've already seen W (and Blade). I just don't want anyone else wandering in here asking for Rider recommendations and inadvertently getting spoiled on something. I mean shit, NeonZ spoiler-tagged fucking Skyrider stuff, and nobody's ever going to watch Skyrider! :)lol)

And I do agree with you on Gaim. I've learned to avoid the thread from Saturday to whenever Aesir gets the subs out. C'mon people. Some of us like to wait for the subs, you know.

EDIT: And sorry for kinda being an ass about it before, cdig. I really need to sleep more. =/

Zynx

still found it to be a cop out that Philips came back.

Yes, and even worse, it was a result of the sister putting in her version of the "Gaia Impact", a plan that was never detailed but was supposed to menace the entire society. Which somehow turns into a mechanism for the oh-so-emotional death to be reverted in an episode's notice, along with nonsensical encouragement from his "family" which had been out to sacrifice him all that time...

Really cheapened the show in my eyes.

Even the movies after that knows that Joker is the better rider than W.

Preach.
Joker.jpg

You can't buy pimp like this.
JokerWjokeR1.0.png

Well you can, but it'll cost you $40-50.

hunnies28

Hello TokuGAF, I have a question for you?

I stopped watching Kamen Rider Fourze around 5 episodes in (due to lost interest). Do you recommend the current KR series or should I wait a bit more.

My tastes include W,Kabuto, Den-O ,Black out of the top of my head.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I stopped watching Kamen Rider Fourze around 5 episodes in (due to lost interest). Do you recommend the current KR series or should I wait a bit more.

fourze has a slow start, but is pretty fun

but if you want to watch gaim, go for it amazing how good it is

GManDH

ToQ red is wearing a shirt that says Florida and the kid has an uniform that looks like the yankees. is the writer reaching out to us??

vareon

Watch Gaim and join us in the crazy ride and keep watching Fourze.

Top Bottom