• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
New Battride War II trailer. As I thought, absolutely no confirmation of playable pre-W secondary Riders. But there is mention of a "partner system", so again as I thought, the secondary Riders are basically limited to assists. Oh and Zangetsu Shin is free DLC, so that's something I guess.

But yeah, my money would be better spent elsewhere I think. Only like three new characters = not worth it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Even with unlimited imagination can't help the limitation of what can you do with trains.

The other sentai motifs were more creative because each zord was a different class whereas each Toqger's zords is the same class type. Which is why Dieseloh is more appealing than Toqoh lol.

Also the fact that it looks like it came straight from the 80's!

Dieselo.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
New Battride War II trailer. As I thought, absolutely no confirmation of playable pre-W secondary Riders. But there is mention of a "partner system", so again as I thought, the secondary Riders are basically limited to assists. Oh and Zangetsu Shin is free DLC, so that's something I guess.

But yeah, my money would be better spent elsewhere I think. Only like three new characters = not worth it.

Holy fuck, they really put in that samurai guy over actual Riders. :(

Not going to lie, that Trailer was pretty hype. Looks like they gave Emperor Kiva the unused-in-show Bassha Fever too.

Bikkun

Neo Member
So.. Abaranger 18 through 20 have been subbed. I hear they're quite exciting.

I'm cautious of getting into Imagination's Abaranger because the last guys that tried to sub Abaranger didn't even get to Abarekiller. Once they get there, I'm in.

Oh, well, if you INSIST...

LostAnkh

...really? What do the creators have against zangetsu? It looks better than shin, and has that badass capt america like shield.
Not to mention that the secondary riders are still support characters, they could have done co-op and emphasized the "2" in the title, but instead, we get movie stuff being promoted over something like co-op.

I blew the whole Zangetsu thing outta proportion, but the game still looks fun with the addition of Gaim. It just lacks what I want out of a Rider game like this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not to mention that the secondary riders are still support characters, they could have done co-op and emphasized the "2" in the title, but instead, we get movie stuff being promoted over something like co-op.

I blew the whole Zangetsu thing outta proportion, but the game still looks fun with the addition of Gaim. It just lacks what I want out of a Rider game like this.

Same. I mean, part of me still wants to buy it, because hell, it's a halfway decent Kamen Rider game. But without a substantially larger roster than the first game, I can't justify the high price of importing. Just feels like my money would be better spent elsewhere.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Aahh, I see. Yeah, it gets that reaction from everyone. And the bitch is, that's the episodes Americans were exposed to and it influenced their opinion of Abaren as a whole. The show itself really isn't like that...

789shadow

Banned
Aahh, I see. Yeah, it gets that reaction from everyone. And the bitch is, that's the episodes Americans were exposed to and it influenced their opinion of Abaren as a whole. The show itself really isn't like that...
It's just so much more bizarre than every other episode, and there's no real reason for it. It's just suddenly like, "MUSHROOM CUTS! NOT BARRY BONDS! ABARANGERS WITH MUSHROOM CUTS!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
According to bunnyhat the v-cinema staff

Writer: Naruhisa Arakawa (Kuuga, Abaranger, Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Akibaranger)
Director: Koichi Sakamoto (Kamen Rider W A-Z, W Returns, Ultraman Zero, lead director for Fourze and Kyouru, action director for Power Rangers)

Geki Violet and Date return as New Sharivan and New Shaider.

The original Sharivan and Annie from Space Sheriff Shaider are also involved.

also trailer

WillyFive

Yes! I thought after the failure of the Gavan movie they would kill off the series again, but a new movie by Sakamoto and Arakawa featuring the best parts of Gavan and SHTZ? Yes!

NeonZ

Wait why is there a samurai in Battride Wars 2?

He's the main character from the Japanese drama series Abarenbo Shogu, the OOO Wonderful movie was a crossover with it. Of course, they include that samurai but somehow remove the Showa Riders from All Riders vs Dai-Shocker...

After this V Cinema finds great success on the back of Iwanaga's appeal, Toei will make him the lead of the next Sentai: Red Rose of Manly Sentai Baranger.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
does anyone know if theyve dropped the mirrored gaim concept? i havent seen anything regarding the 3 pronged armor outside the reflection in the intro

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Waiting for new episode of Gaim, I've been watching Kyoryuger for the first time. I'm enjoying it, but Gaim's continuous and sustained storyline without monster of the week makes Kyoryuger a little rougher to watch.

I'm sticking with it, though. I love everything about the transformation sequence except that SILLY tap dance they keep doing. Samba, I get it. The rest is cool as hell, especially "Things are about to get wild!" (I still think Gaim's riders have way cooler transformations. They're just so swag)

King is a really likable character. He reminds me a bit of Luffy. Powerful, likable, but kind of idiotic. Despite sharing characteristics with Kouta from Gaim, they're very different characters.

(Kouta is absolutely lovable. Love that dude)

vareon

Waiting for new episode of Gaim, I've been watching Kyoryuger for the first time. I'm enjoying it, but Gaim's continuous and sustained storyline without monster of the week makes Kyoryuger a little rougher to watch.

I'm sticking with it, though. I love everything about the transformation sequence except that SILLY tap dance they keep doing. Samba, I get it. The rest is cool as hell, especially "Things are about to get wild!" (I still think Gaim's riders have way cooler transformations. They're just so swag)

King is a really likable character. He reminds me a bit of Luffy. Powerful, likable, but kind of idiotic. Despite sharing characteristics with Kouta from Gaim, they're very different characters.

(Kouta is absolutely lovable. Love that dude)

That'll make anything rougher to watch. Gaim is really the only recent show that does this.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That'll make anything rougher to watch. Gaim is really the only recent show that does this.

Oh I know. I've been really impressed with Gaim's storyline.

That said, Kyoryu Gold just showed up, and him pretending to be stoic is hilarious. Love the dude and his pimp gold sneaks.

WillyFive

The best part about Kyoryuger is how they make each episode worth watching, even if it's not a continuous serial like Gaim. And even then, the show has a ton of multi-part episodes, some even 4 parters! Even the finale was a two-parter.

shaowebb

YES. I finally got to catch up to as far as GAIM 27 today. College was rough but I graduated just in time to go through work stuff (restructure of R&D means tied up....still)

In any event I managed to watch some Gaim and it got reaaaaaaaaaaaally good in the time I was out. Kachidoki arms looks amazing, and overall I'm loving the plot development and character evolutions. Really great series. I cannot wait to buy and play Battride War 2 . Looks like a major improvement over the rather bare bones Battride War 1.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
does anyone know if theyve dropped the mirrored gaim concept? i havent seen anything regarding the 3 pronged armor outside the reflection in the intro

That's actually just the way the floor reflects. If you see the opening in recent episodes which there's no movie advertisement (episode 21 is one of those) in which they changed the pile of locks to a pile of lockseeds you can see that Gaim's reflection, instead of having 3 pronged helmet, has a helmet in which the prongs disappear as he moves his head around.

It's just a wavy reflection table that gave the impression that there were 3 prongs on the helmet. The way he moves his head, you can see he was putting his head in the place where the left and the middle helmet prongs are starting to show up, but then he sways his head back to the right and they disappear.

edit: Click for bigger version

Top Bottom